What’s happening in India?

MrGilbert

eo739h.jpg
4xhlee.jpg

PxD

Human manure spreading? They use their own crap as fertilizer? So, those states are literal shitholes lol.

Well, I guess human poop is as good as any other poop when it comes to growing crops.

Those graphs imply the bug is being passed out through stool, goes on crops, and infects more people in the process.

somuch4food

Arguing from the Grant Genereux camp of low vitamin a consumption. It can't be the culprit because it's rather on the deficient side in India.

WHO Global Database on Vitamin A Deficiency

Lol, are you angry at Grant? He's arguing it causes autoimmune diseases, not infectious diseases. He's also hypothesizing that protein/fat deficiency is the real cause of the diseases attributed to vitamin A deficiency.

It was mentioned in this thread that most of India is protein deficient. It would be no wonder that they would have a prevalence of Xerophthalmia.

PxD

But Indians are very smart. Perhaps it is just brain drain, but the indians in the US are super smart, productive and family oriented.
True, when I go out to eat with them, I can't believe the fried pufa drenched cornupocia. I don't know how they survive it.

Westerners have severe sample bias when it comes to India/Indians. Western countries receive higher-income and highly-educated Indians as immigrants, unlike, say the Central American countries which have literally been dumping out their underclass/population overflow into the USA for 50 years.

It's such a huge country that even the top 2% education-wise are a cohort ~28 million strong, which is a population in the ballpark of the entire nation of Canada. If even just a fraction of that number migrate into Western countries per year, say 250k/yr, it's not even a tiny dent in their overall population, but it creates the impression in the receiving countries that India is full of PhDs and doctors, when in reality it's a crowded and dirty country with a low standard of living. Ever heard the expression "Delhi belly"?

Southern Indian cuisine uses a lot of oils and unfortunately recently they've been getting into industrial seed oils for frying and cooking, just like everywhere else in the world, so that means lots of PUFAs. Heart disease is high and rising further.

Something like half the population doesn't have regular access to sanitation/clean water and as someone else already posted a huge chunk of Indians are functionally malnourished. The average IQ is somewhere between 80 and 90 and India is comically uncompetitive in sports for a population of its size. I think there is an obvious link between the nutrition situation and the state of average individual physical and mental capacity in that country.

TLDR: too many people, not enough good food. Westerners don't travel there and only see the cream of the crop in their own countries.

Hermes

Westerners have severe sample bias when it comes to India/Indians. Western countries receive higher-income and highly-educated Indians as immigrants, unlike, say the Central American countries which have literally been dumping out their underclass/population overflow into the USA for 50 years.

It's such a huge country that even the top 2% education-wise are a cohort ~28 million strong, which is a population in the ballpark of the entire nation of Canada. If even just a fraction of that number migrate into Western countries per year, say 250k/yr, it's not even a tiny dent in their overall population, but it creates the impression in the receiving countries that India is full of PhDs and doctors, when in reality it's a crowded and dirty country with a low standard of living. Ever heard the expression "Delhi belly"?

Southern Indian cuisine uses a lot of oils and unfortunately recently they've been getting into industrial seed oils for frying and cooking, just like everywhere else in the world, so that means lots of PUFAs. Heart disease is high and rising further.

Something like half the population doesn't have regular access to sanitation/clean water and as someone else already posted a huge chunk of Indians are functionally malnourished. The average IQ is somewhere between 80 and 90 and India is comically uncompetitive in sports for a population of its size. I think there is an obvious link between the nutrition situation and the state of average individual physical and mental capacity in that country.

TLDR: too many people, not enough good food. Westerners don't travel there and only see the cream of the crop in their own countries.
Comprehensive analysis. Thanks.

LucyL

Human manure spreading? They use their own crap as fertilizer? So, those states are literal shitholes lol.

Well, I guess human poop is as good as any other poop when it comes to growing crops.

Those graphs imply the bug is being passed out through stool, goes on crops, and infects more people in the process.
Yeah, except humans being omivores tend to shed stuff in their poop that you won't find in poop from a ruminant, like cattle. Same reason you don't compost your garden with the dogs' poop... Also, this spike protein shedding might be a really good example of illnesses we can pass that we wouldn't necessarily get from the poop of ruminants.

LucyL

Slumdog Millionaire is a good film that shows a bit of "real India"?

Fred

India ramped up testing by 2.5x per capita since the case explosion began in late Feb:
Daily COVID-19 tests per thousand people
They have 1.4 BILLION people, so this alone explains the explosion in "cases", which are then used to rename other causes of death "covid", as usual. 28k people die in India every day - even before the fake pandemic, so this is a large reservoir to draw from.
Also note that India is a third-world country - nothing ever runs smoothly there. If you type India/oxygen/2017,2018, etc, you will see that they CONSTANTLY run out of oxygen and other crucial supplies.

PxD

They were eating ivermectin and hcq tablets like crazy and therefore covid virus mutated into an extremely deadly variant.

Real death rate is about 15000 deaths/day.

It's really really bad.

How did you come to the 15k/day estimate?

dfspcc20

Yeah, except humans being omivores tend to shed stuff in their poop that you won't find in poop from a ruminant, like cattle. Same reason you don't compost your garden with the dogs' poop... Also, this spike protein shedding might be a really good example of illnesses we can pass that we wouldn't necessarily get from the poop of ruminants.

I think it (human, dog, etc. feces) can be used as fertilizer. But since it's so high in ammonia (and possibly stuff shedding), it needs a much longer curing/composting time beforehand. The issue is applying human waste directly to the fields, which I've read is likely done in places like North Korea, not sure about India, but it wouldn't surprise me.

gaze

Is there actually anything going on in India? Is there excess mortality? I could imagine that the lockdowns alone could lead to a humanitarian crisis in a country with hundreds of millions migrant workers, but I haven't found data on excess mortality yet.

These articles give an idea what the situation looks like for migrant workers or for people that depend on tourism:

India is under another lockdown. Why? -- Left Lockdown Sceptics

In India, COVID Resurgence Deals Second Blow to Migrant Workers -- VOA

India Covid-19 migrants: 'Lockdown will make us beg for food again' -- BBC
great post. these things are always a poverty problem that the media ignores

T

TheBeard

Funny, expressing stupid stuff behind a computer,you are good at this.

You terribly lack wit in your come backs, maybe try and find nutritious foods that spark a semblant of creativity.