What's Going On And How Do I Fix It Naturally?

IrishD

Hello all, I'm new to the world of Peat. I wonder if anyone can give me assistance. I don't know to begin with diet recommendations
32 years old 6.1-88kg lowish bodyfat
So my issues are,
Generalized Anxiety Disorder/ Depression? On Lexapro since 2010.
Low Testosterone- struggle to climax, not interested in sex
MPB (like my brothers) Straw like hair, had used Minoxidil for 2 years, got bad sides. Used Saw Palmetto
Hair falling out
Elevated Liver Enzymes

My Lifestyle,
Eat reasonably healthy. Porridge/eggs for breakfast, Chicken/steak with rice for dinner
Involved in weightlifting/ less serious now as constantly tired.
Trying to improve conditioning.
Used Creatine in past, got v strong but hair receded. So stopped.
Supplement-Vit C, fish oil, occasional vit d

Basically I'm desperate to restore my vitality and rigour.

I fear I might have Post Finasteride Syndrome from taking Saw Palmetto.

Has anyone achieved any good results with Peat's diet (?) and do they have any advice.

Thank you in advance

Saw Palmetto reduces DHT via 5AR type I and II, and in turn this increases estrogens. Estrogens increase prolactin but reduce progesterone, leading to overactivity of estrogens and over expression of hairgrowth inhibitors. This shifted balance makes you feel bad and your hair falls out / retarded growth. Topical Progesterone can help. As paste of caffeine / olive oil.
You should try to up your progesterone with Progesterone supplementation, and inhibit estrogen synthesis naturally with 'Aromatase inhibitors' like Orange juice, Parsley, Mushrooms and or Aspirin and Vitamin E. Read the wiki for food guide.
Avoid fish oil and other PUFA's, try to limit intake to 1gr per meal and compensate with 2:1 Coconut oil/PUFA. Drink fatty milk between meals.
Lexapro changes behavior of serotonin 5HT1a receptors in the brain and this can reduce libido even after quitting it.
Increase your Testosterone, and DHT, will lower stress hormones and brings back control over over the 5-HT1 receptors.
You will need supplement at night with Manganese and Magnesium.

If you quit Lexapro I would recommend trying Ashwagandha.

Last edited:

Aymen

Saw Palmetto reduces DHT via 5AR type I and II, and in turn this increases estrogens. Estrogens increase prolactin but reduce progesterone, leading to overactivity of estrogens and over expression of hairgrowth inhibitors. This shifted balance makes you feel bad and your hair falls out / retarded growth. Topical Progesterone can help. As paste of caffeine / olive oil.
You should try to up your progesterone with Progesterone supplementation, and inhibit estrogen synthesis naturally with 'Aromatase inhibitors' like Orange juice, Parsley, Mushrooms and or Aspirin and Vitamin E. Read the wiki for food guide.
Avoid fish oil and other PUFA's, try to limit intake to 1gr per meal and compensate with 2:1 Coconut oil/PUFA. Drink fatty milk between meals.
Lexapro changes behavior of serotonin 5HT1a receptors in the brain and this can reduce libido even after quitting it.
Increase your Testosterone, and DHT, will lower stress hormones and brings back control over over the 5-HT1 receptors.
And lower Cortisol, Cortisone. Maybe avoid caffeine.

what do you think about Minoxidil ? they use it in treating acne .. i did use ketoconazole to restore my hair and remove eczema and things got bad with me.

reduced libido , weak erections .. ketoconazole is used to treat androgenic alopecia so ofc it lowers DHT.
Oral ketaconazol reduces testosterone and can suppress adrenaline-cortisol.
Then you can profit from adrenal gland / kidney support from Licorice root tea 3gr per day and Rhodiola* to address 5HT1A receptors. Unless you are taking anti-depressants?
Also use horny goat weed extract for 3+ month, to fix enhance erectile function.

*rhodiola or ashwagandha, it depends if you have premature ejac, then ashwagandha.

Actually Licorice root can mimic progesterone and fits in the estrogen 'receptors' and so work as an anti-estrogen. If you apply licorice to the scalp it can, via this effect, work to stop overexpression of estrogen and stop hair loss.

Hello all, I'm new to the world of Peat. I wonder if anyone can give me assistance. I don't know to begin with diet recommendations
32 years old 6.1-88kg lowish bodyfat
So my issues are,
Generalized Anxiety Disorder/ Depression? On Lexapro since 2010.
Low Testosterone- struggle to climax, not interested in sex
MPB (like my brothers) Straw like hair, had used Minoxidil for 2 years, got bad sides. Used Saw Palmetto
Hair falling out
Elevated Liver Enzymes

My Lifestyle,
Eat reasonably healthy. Porridge/eggs for breakfast, Chicken/steak with rice for dinner
Involved in weightlifting/ less serious now as constantly tired.
Trying to improve conditioning.
Used Creatine in past, got v strong but hair receded. So stopped.
Supplement-Vit C, fish oil, occasional vit d

Basically I'm desperate to restore my vitality and rigour.

I fear I might have Post Finasteride Syndrome from taking Saw Palmetto.

Has anyone achieved any good results with Peat's diet (?) and do they have any advice.

Thank you in advance
Do you have any lab test yet?

This is hypothetical:
Basically the suppression of DHT with saw palmetto desensitized the tissue androgen 'receptors' and the expression in the brain.
And in these cases hormone therapy does not work well.
You could say you are now stuck in a sort of state of puberty without enough DHT activity.
Tribulus is known to enhance the androgenic / testicular system in pubertal or infertile subjects.
And could be of help in this situation. Also L-Carnitine L-Tartrate and caffeine

"L-Carnitine L-tartrate at 2g daily for 21 days increased the amount of androgen receptors in human muscle tissue, which may increase the effects of testosterone independent of testosterone increases."

"A tribulus terrestris extract (Bulgarian, thus higher protodioscin) seems to be able to increase androgen receptor (AR) immunoreactivity in the rat hypothalamus (specifically, the PVN) when dosed at 5mg/kg bodyweight for 8 weeks, increasing from 162.67+/-14.73 ARs to 383.17+/-15.73 ARs (58%) suggesting it may alter androgen signalling.[55] There was also a significant increase in neurons expressing NADPH-d by 67%, suggesting that Tribulus can increase Nitric Oxide Synthase (NOS) and subsequent NO production[55] as NADPH-d immunostaining can be a biomarker for NOS activity.[56]

"Expression of the androgen receptor may be increased in the brain, possibly related to the libido enhancing effects"

Tribulus terrestris - Scientific Review on Usage, Dosage, Side Effects

Aymen

Oral ketaconazol reduces testosterone and can suppress adrenaline-cortisol.
Then you can profit from adrenal gland / kidney support from Licorice root tea 3gr per day and Rhodiola* to address 5HT1A receptors. Unless you are taking anti-depressants?
Also use horny goat weed extract for 3+ month, to fix enhance erectile function.

*rhodiola or ashwagandha, it depends if you have premature ejac, then ashwagandha.
thanks , i was talking about the past i used betamethasone cream for eczema in my face and ketoconazole shampoo for my hair and i had those bad symptoms .. i took anti-depressants before in the past too to treat anxiety and i relized it's a waste of time because it didn't benefit me ,, now after quitting those medicaments i feel good so my weak erections were caused by ketoconazole ..

thanks , i was talking about the past i used betamethasone cream for eczema in my face and ketoconazole shampoo for my hair and i had those bad symptoms .. i took anti-depressants before in the past too to treat anxiety and i relized it's a waste of time because it didn't benefit me ,, now after quitting those medicaments i feel good so my weak erections were caused by ketoconazole ..
Topical application of ketokonazol should not be able to penetrate the skinbarrier stratum corneum, for it is 513 daltons and the skin only lets through less then 500 daltons molecules. Unless your skin barrier has been compromised by wounding or other harsh chemicals. Organic solvents, methanol or ethanol can damage that layer.

Lokzo

Forum Supporter

Great analysis and explanations.

Check out 5α-DHP

Administration of a 5-AR inhibitor like finasteride reliably lowers levels of not only DHT but also of 5α-DHP and allopregnanolone. The administratios of a 5-AR inhibitor abolished almost all positive effects of progesterone in the brain.

Agonism of the progesterone receptor has a multitude of other benefits including opposition to estrogen, prolactin, serotonin, NO and variety of other mediators tat serve to inhibit metabolism. Thus, ideally the substance to be supplemented with should have the properties of allopregnanolone (or easily convert into it) while also having the properties of progesterone through the progesterone receptor. The steroid 5α-DHP is exactly such substance, and for now it seems to not be subject to any clinical trials or legal threats. It is a direct precursor of allopregnanolone and as such should elevate allopregnanolone levels even in people with strongly downregulated 5-AR - i.e. sufferers of the so-called post-finasteride syndrome (PFS), older people or people under severe stress or PUFA loads.

5α-Dihydroprogesterone - Liquid 5α-DHP For Lab/R&D

EIRE24

Topical application of ketokonazol should not be able to penetrate the skinbarrier stratum corneum, for it is 513 daltons and the skin only lets through less then 500 daltons molecules. Unless your skin barrier has been compromised by wounding or other harsh chemicals. Organic solvents, methanol or ethanol can damage that layer.
What would you recommend to repair a broken skin barrier?

OP
I

IrishD

Thank you General Orange. I'm trying to implement those suggestions

OP
I

IrishD

Update

My original testosterone level from Jan 2018 3.3 nmol/L (approx. 100 ng/dl) Utterly pathetic

May 2018 6.5 nmol ( approx. 190 ng/dl)

Dec 2018 9.8 nmol ( approx. 280ng/dl)
My Liver Enzymes were also raised on those tests

Lifestyle changes

· No longer on Lexapro, quit for good approx. May 2019 ( was on 10mg for past few years)

· Wake up more alert and don’t need a daytime nap. Previously could sleep for 2hr in afternoon.

· Mood is good. Feel I have ‘woken up’, able to feel good and bad. Had previously lacked drive and ambition, whether due to low T or Lexapro I’m not quite sure. Don't feel very energetic but no longer crying out for a nap

· Trying to strike balance between working out enough to boost T and not over-training. Ran a powerlifter workout during Winter. Got strong but quite tired. Now back to general bodybuilding but know my limits

· Trying to get to sleep earlier each night. Minimize blue light etc.
Enjoying sex again with girlfriend , can climax when needed

Diet

Breakfast

Usually 3 boiled eggs, tea, few slices of toast. Sometimes have bacon and avocado.

Dropped porridge because usually belching for the rest of the day afterwards.

Dinner

Steak (but trying to eat less red meat) or Chicken, potatoes or rice, veg such as Kale, Onions, or broccoli)

Various fruit through day

Supplements before bed

· Fish Oil High EPA

· Zinc

· K2

· Magnesium

Must get more outdoor exercise and sun

Really hope my Test score has improved

Cirion

How many calories a day man? The overall diet seems reasonable enough for the most part. I'd drop the fish oil, and maybe the chicken (high tryptophan), but that's just me. Especially the fish oil though, if nothing else.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom