Whats everyones go to, to get oily/moist skin?

aliml

pears are high in fructose but are on the cooling side of the list,
Fructose is one of the factors of food heat.

Selenium is associated with the hot nature of foods while iron and copper are associated with the cold nature of foods.

Niacin contribute to hot while folate and pyridoxine contributes to cold property of food.

Last edited:
A lot of water throughout the day.
Water you drink doesn't affect the skin to any noticeable degree. This is a myth. Drink all the water you want, but it doesn't make much noticeable difference in the visual moisture quality of your skin

Dr. B

Water you drink doesn't affect the skin to any noticeable degree. This is a myth. Drink all the water you want, but it doesn't make much noticeable difference in the visual moisture quality of your skin
fluoride and tap water causes acne and many issues, skin should get better with less toxic water intake

Fructose is one of the factors of food heat.

Selenium is associated with the hot nature of foods while iron and copper are associated with the cold nature of foods.

Niacin contribute to hot while folate and pyridoxine contributes to cold property of food.

wow very interesting...what about zinc, thiamine, vitamin A, k2, E, taurine...

aniciete

Ripe fruit, particularly melon, raw goat dairy and I don’t currently consume this but gelatin/gelatinous broth worked as well as the latter two for well hydrated, buttery soft skin without the need for moisturizer, though, I do use a certain oil on my skin that takes the softness to a whole other level.
Do you still juice the fruit or eat it whole? I've upped my whole fruit consumption as of late and I've started noticing the effect you mentioned.

Jennifer

Very cool, @aniciete. I’ve been consuming more fruit whole lately, but I still juice the majority of it. My mind and skin are clearer, and my gut calmer and flatter, the less fiber I consume so I try not to go overboard with it. I’ve been making flourless plantain crêpes the past week and having sukkari dates and freeze-dried mangoes for snacks so I’m averaging 15 grams of fiber a day max.

Dr. B

Very cool, @aniciete. I’ve been consuming more fruit whole lately, but I still juice the majority of it. My mind and skin are clearer, and my gut calmer and flatter, the less fiber I consume so I try not to go overboard with it. I’ve been making flourless plantain crêpes the past week and having sukkari dates and freeze-dried mangoes for snacks so I’m averaging 15 grams of fiber a day max.
you dont get issues with FODMAPS from mangoes? why sukkari dates and freeze dried mangoes specifically?

Jennifer

you dont get issues with FODMAPS from mangoes? why sukkari dates and freeze dried mangoes specifically?

Nope, no digestive issues with FODMAPS but I do get a poison ivy-like rash from the urushiol in the sap if it happens to get into the mangoes during processing. I find dates and freeze-dried fruit to be convenient snacks. There are a few date varieties I like and sukkari just happens to be my favorite—it reminds me of frosting—so I always have some stocked in the freezer and same goes for freeze-dried mangoes—they remind me of Lucky Charms—so I always have some stocked in my pantry. I like freeze-dried honeydew melon and peaches, as well.

Dr. B

Nope, no digestive issues with FODMAPS but I do get a poison ivy-like rash from the urushiol in the sap if it happens to get into the mangoes during processing. I find dates and freeze-dried fruit to be convenient snacks. There are a few date varieties I like and sukkari just happens to be my favorite—it reminds me of frosting—so I always have some stocked in the freezer and same goes for freeze-dried mangoes—they remind me of Lucky Charms—so I always have some stocked in my pantry. I like freeze-dried honeydew melon and peaches, as well.
where do you get honeydew melon and peaches! actually i dont like the freeze dried ones i prefer sun dried mangoes, like costcos organic for instance. freeze dried makes them very airy

Jennifer

where do you get honeydew melon and peaches! actually i dont like the freeze dried ones i prefer sun dried mangoes, like costcos organic for instance. freeze dried makes them very airy

True, they are very airy, but that’s what I like about them. Following a lot of Ray’s dietary recommendations, there aren’t a lot of foods that have that crisp texture. Plus, they digest really well for me. I love sun-dried mangoes—I used to get the Trader Joe’s brand—but I get bloating from them, and dehydrated fruit in general, if I eat more than just a tiny amount, and I can’t eat just a tiny amount of nature’s candy. lol Besides Trader Joe’s and Amazon, I’ve purchased freeze-dried fruit from these sites:

Freeze Dried Fruit at NorthBayTrading.com - Free Shipping Over $99

Freeze Dried Fruit | Nuts.com

Hans

Forum Supporter
DHEA has been shown to enhance oil production and improve skin quality. Too much copper for me makes my skin dry.
Milk, honey, fruit and beef helps to keep my skin moist.

metamorph

There are lot of things that affect skin. Yes, gut health is super important among many other things. I can’t heat the food either. I don’t use microwave. So, what I do is that food I don’t tolerate as cold, I heat up at home and then eat as the first thing in the morning when I get to work. But oftentimes I just eat food cold. You can also buy a thermos to keep food warm. Cook your own food and mainly avoid PUFA, which I am sure you already know.

Another thing that I noticed that helped my skin a lot is to lower inflammation. Therefore, aspirin is a saver here. I use it now in small doses -70mg. But when I started, I took close to 1g for 2-3 days. This is when I noticed how powerful aspirin can be. I use it with K2 and sometimes with gelatin.

Also, lower ‘bad’ hormones. I have been taking progestene to lower estrogen/prolactin. If you are a guy, progesterone does help but in smaller doses.

Avoid stress. Don’t speed that adds way more stress.

Skincare is super important. I make my own creams. Exfoliation is very important – especially chemical peels, retinol etc. This is a gigantic topic. It could be another thread just on that. The main thing during day is to use sun protection cream with spf (make sure the cream doesn’t have too much pufa). Before going to sleep it’s good to use some serum like hyaluronic serum (super cheap to make your own) and good night cream. CeraVe brand makes good creams. Personally, I don’t use them since I make my own but lot of people rave about them because they don’t use fragrances and too many bad stuff.

Hope this helps :)
Could you share your hyaluronic serum concoction and links for the ingredients?

L_C

Could you share your hyaluronic serum concoction and links for the ingredients?
I buy high molecular weight hyaluronic acid from lotioncrafter.com. If you live in humid area then I recommend low molecular weight. I use 1% hyaluronic acid and 99%water. You don't need much because hyaluronic acid absorbs water like crazy. It takes couple of hours for it to absorb water. Once prepared I keep it in the fridge since I don't use any preservatives.

L_C

L_C, could you share the sun protection cream you use?
I do make my own. The main sun protection ingredient is zinc oxide. I use it at about 10%. You can use more depending on how strong of a sun protection cream you want. You can also just buy zinc oxide and mix it into your day cream.

Bluebell

I do make my own. The main sun protection ingredient is zinc oxide. I use it at about 10%. You can use more depending on how strong of a sun protection cream you want. You can also just buy zinc oxide and mix it into your day cream.
What a great idea. Could you share your face cream recipe?

metamorph

I buy high molecular weight hyaluronic acid from lotioncrafter.com. If you live in humid area then I recommend low molecular weight. I use 1% hyaluronic acid and 99%water. You don't need much because hyaluronic acid absorbs water like crazy. It takes couple of hours for it to absorb water. Once prepared I keep it in the fridge since I don't use any preservatives.
Hey! Thanks for this. I went to the website. I live in a very dry climate up on the northern california. Which one of the options on the site would you recommend? Also, how do you determine the 1% ratio? If you make a 100gram solution would it be 1gram HA and 99grams water?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals