Whats everyones go to, to get oily/moist skin?

Beastmode

Whats everyones go tos to get oily/moist skin without moisturizers..
Not eating foods that are irritating and hard to digest is a big start. Many go think supplements, etc without addressing this first. Carrot salad can help the process as well if you're removing the foods.

Summer

Not eating foods that are irritating and hard to digest is a big start. Many go think supplements, etc without addressing this first. Carrot salad can help the process as well if you're removing the foods.
What’s your diet like if you don’t mind me asking? My skin is in rough shape and I think gut health is the key.

Beastmode

What’s your diet like if you don’t mind me asking? My skin is in rough shape and I think gut health is the key.
Probably better to post your diet to expedite any useful feedback. Everyone is different.

Age, gender, lifestyle?

Summer

Probably better to post your diet to expedite any useful feedback. Everyone is different.

Age, gender, lifestyle?
Male, early 30s, at work 10 hours a day, on the road for 2 hours. Finding stuff that digests easily that I can bring to work is the difficult part. I can’t really heat things up here.

L_C

There are lot of things that affect skin. Yes, gut health is super important among many other things. I can’t heat the food either. I don’t use microwave. So, what I do is that food I don’t tolerate as cold, I heat up at home and then eat as the first thing in the morning when I get to work. But oftentimes I just eat food cold. You can also buy a thermos to keep food warm. Cook your own food and mainly avoid PUFA, which I am sure you already know.

Another thing that I noticed that helped my skin a lot is to lower inflammation. Therefore, aspirin is a saver here. I use it now in small doses -70mg. But when I started, I took close to 1g for 2-3 days. This is when I noticed how powerful aspirin can be. I use it with K2 and sometimes with gelatin.

Also, lower ‘bad’ hormones. I have been taking progestene to lower estrogen/prolactin. If you are a guy, progesterone does help but in smaller doses.

Avoid stress. Don’t speed that adds way more stress.

Skincare is super important. I make my own creams. Exfoliation is very important – especially chemical peels, retinol etc. This is a gigantic topic. It could be another thread just on that. The main thing during day is to use sun protection cream with spf (make sure the cream doesn’t have too much pufa). Before going to sleep it’s good to use some serum like hyaluronic serum (super cheap to make your own) and good night cream. CeraVe brand makes good creams. Personally, I don’t use them since I make my own but lot of people rave about them because they don’t use fragrances and too many bad stuff.

Hope this helps :)

Work on improving your skins moisture barrier, cut out foods that you believe to be inflammatory for you

First can be done with upping your intake of certain amino acids like glycine, and incorporating things like Urea, hyaluronic acid and humectants into your skincare routine

Second is personal and you will just have to become more mindful how certain things affect your skin. For instance, i cannot tolerate coconut at all either topically or internally and the side effects of that manifest themselves as inflammatory issues in the skin. Did uber strict "Peaty"eating for about 4-5 years (not so much now)and that has never improved, so it seems like some intolerances or causes of inflammation are irreversible and its just best to avoid them when possible

L_C

Work on improving your skins moisture barrier, cut out foods that you believe to be inflammatory for you

First can be done with upping your intake of certain amino acids like glycine, and incorporating things like Urea, hyaluronic acid and humectants into your skincare routine

Second is personal and you will just have to become more mindful how certain things affect your skin. For instance, i cannot tolerate coconut at all either topically or internally and the side effects of that manifest themselves as inflammatory issues in the skin. Did uber strict "Peaty"eating for about 4-5 years (not so much now)and that has never improved, so it seems like some intolerances or causes of inflammation are irreversible and its just best to avoid them when possible
Yeah, avoid coconut oil on skin. It's comedogenic (blocking pores). All my cream preparations are done with saturated non-comedogenic fats such as shea butter.

aniciete

Yeah, avoid coconut oil on skin. It's comedogenic (blocking pores). All my cream preparations are done with saturated non-comedogenic fats such as shea butter.
What do you think of beef tallow? It seems to have been working well for me since winter started.

Jennifer

Ripe fruit, particularly melon, raw goat dairy and I don’t currently consume this but gelatin/gelatinous broth worked as well as the latter two for well hydrated, buttery soft skin without the need for moisturizer, though, I do use a certain oil on my skin that takes the softness to a whole other level.

L_C

What do you think of beef tallow? It seems to have been working well for me since winter started.
If it works for you then use it. Saturated, non- comedogenic fats are the best for skin but I don't know where beef tallow falls on comedogenic scale.

Beastmode

Male, early 30s, at work 10 hours a day, on the road for 2 hours. Finding stuff that digests easily that I can bring to work is the difficult part. I can’t really heat things up here.
Fruits, a good OJ, cheese, milk, coffee in a thermos to keep warm, homemade flan, can of oysters, etc are safe for most and don't require warming up.

Seeing what you eat can be helpful. At least if you want any feedback. The more specific you are, the easier it is to be specific with what might help.

I'm more about removing before adding (i.e- remove foods, supplements, anything topically like soap/shampoos that aren't good, etc.)

Summer

Fruits, a good OJ, cheese, milk, coffee in a thermos to keep warm, homemade flan, can of oysters, etc are safe for most and don't require warming up.

Seeing what you eat can be helpful. At least if you want any feedback. The more specific you are, the easier it is to be specific with what might help.

I'm more about removing before adding (i.e- remove foods, supplements, anything topically like soap/shampoos that aren't good, etc.)
Thanks for the advice. I tolerate most of the above well except coffee due to acid reflux.

aliml

Liver heat causes dry skin, so eat cooling foods!

OP
S

SamYo123

ntimes I just eat food cold. You can also buy a thermos to keep food warm. Cook your own food and mainly avoid PUFA, which I am sure you already know.

Liver heat causes dry skin, so eat cooling foods!

So shining redlight on your liver area, will cause dry skin? the sun too?

And how can an orange be a "heating food"? but rice is a cooling food?

aliml

So shining redlight on your liver area, will cause dry skin? the sun too?

And how can an orange be a "heating food"? but rice is a cooling food?
Yes, Yes!

Oranges are high in fructose but rice is free of fructose.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals