What’s Causing Copper/bronze Coloured Hairs?

Hairlosssucks

I have black hair, but for sometime since I started peating I noticed sometimes I would pull out a copper hair, that looks like a copper wire or something.

It’s generally quite kinked as well.

I suspect I may have taken too much of some supplement or eaten too much of one thing and caused a mineral deficiency?

OP
H

Hairlosssucks

How is your copper intake?

I’m not tooo sure at all. I’ve taken quite a bit of zinc supplements without our considering about copper tbh.

I eat liver so I thought I would be alright but maybe I’m deficient in copper???.

The hair literally looks like a copper wire it’s weird and it’s a clear sign imo that something isn’t right.

Luann

I would log on to chronometer to check other nutrients as well, and yes, zinc can lower the copper levels of the body.

Gone Peating

I’m not tooo sure at all. I’ve taken quite a bit of zinc supplements without our considering about copper tbh.

I eat liver so I thought I would be alright but maybe I’m deficient in copper???.

The hair literally looks like a copper wire it’s weird and it’s a clear sign imo that something isn’t right.

A lot of fructose can increase the need for copper. The zinc probably exacerbated the discoloration.

Don’t supp zinc anymore and maybe try a copper supp for a month. I wouldn’t supp any metals long term

OP
H

Hairlosssucks

I would log on to chronometer to check other nutrients as well, and yes, zinc can lower the copper levels of the body.

I heard b12 deficiency can cause a similar thing. I might have an underlying gut issue tbh. I wake up nauseous a lot.

OP
H

Hairlosssucks

A lot of fructose can increase the need for copper. The zinc probably exacerbated the discoloration.

Don’t supp zinc anymore and maybe try a copper supp for a month. I wouldn’t supp any metals long term

could a copper deficiency cause hairloss or thinning?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals