Whats A Good Dose Of Selegiline To Start Off With?

Dave Clark

Also, depends on your age. If you are over 60 and beyond, I have seen 5 to ten mg doses recommended daily, however, it depends also on why you are taking it, for life extension or for cognitive enhancement, etc. As usual, do some homework on it, and start low and slow.

OP
ImprovingDaily
I would do 5mg/week. Combine with dopaminergic substances (but don´t overdo em)

Interesting. So does Selegiline's effects last longer term? If thats the case, I'll do 2.5 mg again in a few days to make it 5 mg a week.

OP
ImprovingDaily
Also, depends on your age. If you are over 60 and beyond, I have seen 5 to ten mg doses recommended daily, however, it depends also on why you are taking it, for life extension or for cognitive enhancement, etc. As usual, do some homework on it, and start low and slow.

I'd say definitely life extension, but cognitive benefits are also something I'd like.

baccheion

Life Extension effects are at 2.5 mg orally 2x/week. 1 mg sublingually is like 5 mg orally.

milkboi

I have DL phenylalanine what would be a good dose? And should I take it at the same time as selegiline?

The main thing regarding timing is that MAO-B must be significantly inhibited. Don't know when that is achieved after taking it exactly, but if you are taking it regularly, you'll be good. You can try a small dose of 500 mg Phenylalanine on empty stomach first and then titrate up. Be prepared for euphoria :):

Jing

The main thing regarding timing is that MAO-B must be significantly inhibited. Don't know when that is achieved after taking it exactly, but if you are taking it regularly, you'll be good. You can try a small dose of 500 mg Phenylalanine on empty stomach first and then titrate up.
Ok thanks.

Frankdee20

I don’t respond well to phenylalanine or tyrosine, very internalized agitation and muscle tension and anxiety..... will this medicine do the same ?

milkboi

I don’t respond well to phenylalanine or tyrosine, very internalized agitation and muscle tension and anxiety..... will this medicine do the same ?

I guess these symptoms could be due to the AAs being converted excessively to nor- and adrenaline instead of dopamine. The question is if you have a high baseline of these neurotransmitters even without taking their precursors. If so, the inhibition of MAO-B will lead to higher levels of those and therefore possibly cause these negative symptoms, assuming they are really a result of the aforementioned catecholamines.

Frankdee20

I guess these symptoms could be due to the AAs being converted excessively to nor- and adrenaline instead of dopamine. The question is if you have a high baseline of these neurotransmitters even without taking their precursors. If so, the inhibition of MAO-B will lead to higher levels of those and therefore possibly cause these negative symptoms, assuming they are really a result of the aforementioned catecholamines.

Yeah, either I have low serotonin or low GABA

CoconutEffect

I don’t think he likes aminos in isolation, probably more intelligent ways to increase dopaminergic tone.