What's A Good Alternative To Milk?

MrSmart

Most importantly, something that doesn't taste like dog poop for my coffee.

So far I've tried UHT goat milk, which tastes like liquid cheese, and coconut milk, which tastes like a watery bounty. Are soy milk and almond milk worth a shot?

Last edited:
OP
M

MrSmart

Almond milk sounds tasty, especially with coffee. But a 250ml cup of almond milk has almost 3g of omega-6 fatty acids.

Longitudinal

I've only tried almond and oat milk. Almond tastes quite pleasant and nutty, oat milk has a very mild taste of oat as one could expect.

Zpol

@MrSmart
Laird super food Creamer is great for creamy coffee, it has a slight coconut flavor and not overly sweet (you could still add sugar if you wanted). I use a Keurig usually, so I put it in my cup (along with my collagen) and stir as the coffee pours in. If I add it to other pre-made coffee I have mix it with my mini blender or else it clumps.

lvysaur

Cashew milk really does not taste very good.

Almond milk, soy milk, and rice milk all taste fairly good IMO.

OP
M

MrSmart

@MrSmart
Laird super food Creamer is great for creamy coffee, it has a slight coconut flavor and not overly sweet (you could still add sugar if you wanted). I use a Keurig usually, so I put it in my cup (along with my collagen) and stir as the coffee pours in. If I add it to other pre-made coffee I have mix it with my mini blender or else it clumps.
How stupid of me to not think about this before. I could add a lot of Coffee-mate® which is non-dairy and would do almost as good of a job as milk.

Thanks.

OP
M

MrSmart

Welp, guess coffee-mate won't work either since it contains the worst fraction of dairy. So much for false advertisement.

Will look at that coconut derivative creamer, seems good on the ingredients.

OP
M

MrSmart

Heavy cream.
That is brilliant as well. It gets rid of the homogenization of proteins, as long as no caseinate derivatives are added, so it's technically immunoallergen free besides very small amounts of lactose.

Fon

So, whats wrong with a little milk or haih and half inyour coffee?

Waremu

Cashew, soy, or almond milk, or most if not all nut/seed milks are not 'peaty.' Many if not most really add up in their PUFA content after few servings and have other additives. I used to not handle milk well but as my health improved and thyroid got better, that changed. But even when I couldn't handle milk, soy and nut milks were worse for me and caused extrme bloating and indigestion. Coconut milk is probably the only 'peaty' alternative. You can make a great milk alternative thats not very high in fat and tastes great with young coconuts and a blender. If you can handle whey, then add that in for protein. I don't think whey is that bad in smaller amounts as long as it's balanced with gelatin and calcium from other sources. Undenatured whey protein powder often still has a decent amount of calcium and add some hydrolyzed gelatin in and you got a high protein coconut milk. And glycine to balance out the tryptophan, as well as the BCAA's. I personally get raw milk from A2 cows so I'm not worried about the proteins and handle it very well. I don't get the mental cloudiness and skin irritation from A2 raw dairy that I get from UHT A1 milk. Perhaps you may want to try looking into that to see how you handle A2 raw dairy.

Last edited:

Lurker

That is brilliant as well. It gets rid of the homogenization of proteins, as long as no caseinate derivatives are added, so it's technically immunoallergen free besides very small amounts of lactose.

You didn’t say why you were avoiding milk. Cream tastes even better than milk so fits the criteria from your query (no dog poo). It was meant as a joke though. One can only assume if you’re considering “milk” from a bean that dairy must be a serious problem. I would go for black coffee before adding any non-dairy creamers to my coffee.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

dbh25

Many heavy creams are UHT.
If they are not, ones I have bought only stay fresh 4-5 days in the fridge.

dbh25

Many if not most really add up in their PUFA content after few servings and have other additives.
Guar gum, carageenan, soy lechithin, natural flavors . . . Always some additive in there to give it a creamy consistency.

OP
M

MrSmart

You didn’t say why you were avoiding milk. Cream tastes even better than milk so fits the criteria from your query (no dog poo). It was meant as a joke though. One can only assume if you’re considering “milk” from a bean that dairy must be a serious problem. I would go for black coffee before adding any non-dairy creamers to my coffee.
Dairy isn't a problem in of itself, the non-fat solids of dairy are the problem, especially homogenized and pasteurized. It invites foreign peptides and proteins into your bloodstream, which then causes a stressful immune response. I can get my hands on UHT non-homogenized milk, but it's not the same as raw milk since you still get rid of the enzymes necessary to fully digest the proteins and sugars properly.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals