What you can do about quarantine induced social isolation and depression : Allopregnanolone!

Mauritio

This is just a heads up to everyone strugglin with depression by itself and especially depression caused by social isolation and a hopeless situation, that many people find them selves in .
Social isolation does have an effect on the human body and especially brain ! There's a few studies showing that social isolation decreases especially allopregnanolone in the brain , which is a cause for depression itself .

"We demonstrate that there is a consistent decrease in allopregnanolone levels in limbic brain areas in rodents submitted to stress-induced models of depression, such as social isolation and chronic unpredictable stress. Further, both the drug-induced upregulation of allopregnanolone or its direct administration reduce depressive-like behaviors in models such as the forced swim test. "

AFAIK you can't buy allopregnanolone as a steroid , not even on the black market . It is approved for post partum depression ,but that will cause at least 34 000 $ if you dont have insurance (classic pharma move), so we need different ways to raise it.

I just recently posted a studie on a chinese herbal formula called Jia Wei Xiao Yao, that seems to be pretty effective at raising allopregnanolone. It has a long history of treating depression ,anxiety and PMS in TCM.

There's also still idelabs product 5a DHP which converts into allopregnanolone in the body.

Lastly theres also progesterone and pregnenolone, which can convert into allo downstream. I dont know how much of it will end up as allo ,though. Probably very individual, depending on your enzymes .

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Or go hang out with people.
Quarantine ? Curfew? Social distancing?
Thats the whole point of this post, just hanging out with a few buddies is not possible anymore in many countries without getting a huge fine .

lampofred

Alcohol is estrogenic but it does raise allopregnanolone... I don't think the neurosteroid benefits outweigh the estrogenic negatives though, especially when there are so many other options. But that could be a biological explanation for the increase in drinking.

Razvan

Try 400 mg of pure pregnenolone you are going to think different. The first time I took it it was 8pm ,by 10 pm i became careless and euphoric like nothing matters,like all I was doing was for me and only for me ,not caring about anyone.I couldn't resist and I got out without a destination i walked 2 km admiring the trees and all the lights and i was giving eye contact to everyone who passed by, i was ruthless and arrogant but at the same time I was appreciating all we have got as humans, i was free of stress, i broke the "bubble",the "bubble" we are stuck in.
Than I smoked a cig for fun and i felt my metabolism going to high, i was sweating and got home to see my temperature was 37.5 so I started to dance to patriotic music from my country without caring about the neighbors that were smashing the walls near my house.

cupofcoffee

another things that increases allopregnanolone is caffeine!

(this was already posted by haidut years ago)

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Try 400 mg of pure pregnenolone you are going to think different. The first time I took it it was 8pm ,by 10 pm i became careless and euphoric like nothing matters,like all I was doing was for me and only for me ,not caring about anyone.I couldn't resist and I got out without a destination i walked 2 km admiring the trees and all the lights and i was giving eye contact to everyone who passed by, i was ruthless and arrogant but at the same time I was appreciating all we have got as humans, i was free of stress, i broke the "bubble",the "bubble" we are stuck in.
Than I smoked a cig for fun and i felt my metabolism going to high, i was sweating and got home to see my temperature was 37.5 so I started to dance to patriotic music from my country without caring about the neighbors that were smashing the walls near my house.
Sounds great ! Were you able to replicate those results or was it one of those "honeymoon-reports"?

Korven

Alcohol is estrogenic but it does raise allopregnanolone... I don't think the neurosteroid benefits outweigh the estrogenic negatives though, especially when there are so many other options. But that could be a biological explanation for the increase in drinking.

I get very strong cravings for alcohol when my diet is centered around non-optimal foods such as grains, pulses, rice, potato, meats etc. On this type of diet my problems seem unsolvable and I have to escape reality by drinking. Probably makes me deficient in protective neurosteroids as cholesterol is being wasted by all the fiber and endotoxin.

Eating a more Peaty diet I feel very content (high GABA?) and don't need alcohol. I'd rather drink more milk!

This is peak Peating! :mrgreen:

Razvan

Sounds great ! Were you able to replicate those results or was it one of those "honeymoon-reports"?
I don't use pregnenolone daily but when I use it now I use like 50-100 mg ,i get like 30% of that effect so it's still good,it just makes me go outside and to do stupid things and i also replicated the effect with high dosage progesterone , everytime I took like 50 mg of it I was feeling very calm but hot feeling, always had 37.2 temp,very sleepy indeed but very confident and arrogant. Once when I took 50 mg i went out to buy some milk at the grocery shop and i ended up flirting with the security guard which was a woman and I was so smooth I had the best answers for everything and she was like feeling something in me she was very attractive,she couldn't take my eyes of me all the time I was searching for that ******* milk and after I payed I picked up her number (she was 30, I am 20 lol) and i had a girlfriend, i was just too arrogant and chill,but i wouldn't recommend to use it everyday it can give bad withdrawal after.

Razvan

I get very strong cravings for alcohol when my diet is centered around non-optimal foods such as grains, pulses, rice, potato, meats etc. On this type of diet my problems seem unsolvable and I have to escape reality by drinking. Probably makes me deficient in protective neurosteroids as cholesterol is being wasted by all the fiber and endotoxin.

Eating a more Peaty diet I feel very content (high GABA?) and don't need alcohol. I'd rather drink more milk!

This is peak Peating! :mrgreen:
This is peak Peating!
Indeed! In those situations I understand Peat so much. It opens up everything.
This was the feeling he was describing as euphoria. When your metabolism is very good and everything is in the right place you can imagine being and behaving like someone else and make it work.

Last edited:

Razvan

Indeed! In those situations I understand Peat so much. It opens up everything.
This was the feeling he was describing as euphoria. When your metabolism is very good and everything is in the right place you can imagine being and behaving like someone else and make it work without too much work.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

I don't use pregnenolone daily but when I use it now I use like 50-100 mg ,i get like 30% of that effect so it's still good,it just makes me go outside and to do stupid things and i also replicated the effect with high dosage progesterone , everytime I took like 50 mg of it I was feeling very calm but hot feeling, always had 37.2 temp,very sleepy indeed but very confident and arrogant. Once when I took 50 mg i went out to buy some milk at the grocery shop and i ended up flirting with the security guard which was a woman and I was so smooth I had the best answers for everything and she was like feeling something in me she was very attractive,she couldn't take my eyes of me all the time I was searching for that ******* milk and after I payed I picked up her number (she was 30, I am 20 lol) and i had a girlfriend, i was just too arrogant and chill,but i wouldn't recommend to use it everyday it can give bad withdrawal after.
You're inspiring me to try higher doses of preg . The highest I tried was 50mg .
But what kind of withdrawal are you talking about ?

Razvan

You're inspiring me to try higher doses of preg . The highest I tried was 50mg .
But what kind of withdrawal are you talking about ?
I am talking about the withdrawal from progesterone, especially higher dosages. I think it has effects similar to benzodiazepines or even stronger,it is very gaba agonistic and as I told you when the effect wears off you can be very agitated indeed so using it every day for a long time can cause withdrawal. I like
to use it as a recreational drug. It is so strong with his effect.Pregnenolone is much safer and for a man I think is better. I find that pregnenolone, cyproheptadine and nicotine to be better at increasing metabolism than even thyroid.If i combine nicotine with cypro and 100 of pregnenolone I can get 37.7temperature and 120 pulse without feeling anxious.

Velve921

Thank you for starting this thread.

I have been experimenting with 5a-dhp recently and I can actually corroborate this. It’s now my number supplement that I take every morning and it’s decreased stress of SI by at least 90%. And. I only need a low dose of 1mg per day. Truly amazing stuff.

Razvan

I have been experimenting with 5a-dhp recently and I can actually corroborate this. It’s now my number supplement that I take every morning and it’s decreased stress of SI by at least 90%. And. I only need a low dose of 1mg per day. Truly amazing stuff.
What benefits did you found from it?As i got so good effects from pregnenolone I would like to try this as well. Since I'm from europe the shipping is very expensive and i need to choose a product that truly deserves.

golder

What’s SI?