What Would You Suggest For BPH Prostate Trouble?

Obi-wan

cis-13 retinoic acid:

US6733779B2 - Method of treating benign prostatic hyperplasia and other benign prostate conditions - Google Patents

according to @Travis, Vitamin A works as fine since both eventualy become the active metabolite

" Since 1992, the research group at the University of California, headed by Dr. Dahiya, established the effect of retinoic acid in the downregulation of saturated fatty acids coupled with the upregulation of unsaturated fatty acids in human prostate cancer cells. As such, saturated fatty acids, which are believed to play a significant role in prostate cancer, were inhibited while unsaturated fatty acids, which are believed to act in a protective way relative to such cancers, were increased in cell lines." -ARE THEY NUTS???!!!! PUFA is protective???

All patients had a PSA of 4 or less. Accutane is a 5 alpha reductase inhibitor

Last edited:
B

Braveheart

Dear friend Bzmazu: I still here, avoiding the menu of official oncology; I use all I know of the Peat´s knowledge in my meals [OJ, cheese, shrimp, coffee, milk, butter, meat, eggs, etc and I am avoiding anti-thyroid foods] and using 100 mg of pregnenolone, NDT 2 grains by day, T3 50 mcg/day divided, and niacinamide 100 mg/day. My health is much better [my gallstones gone away for instance] and I feel better. And the T3 in the blood is very high, but my temperature stills low [probabily because of unsaturated fatty acids and estrogen on the tissues]. The tumor is there, strangling my urethra. And my body is calcificating a lot.
Against the tumor I used Artemisia annua [leaves] but I stopped: problems with my stomach.
By now I´m worried about the tumor [the bladder is suffering].
I think I must to know how to deal with the unsaturated fats + estrogen in my body [prolactine is high, 12, even with progesterone high, at 3,0; and homocisteyne is high, 12]. I´m studiyng this issues on Peat.
I have to stop aspirine because of the stomach [I think AAS attacked my stomach], and is very hard to find a good vitamina K2 MK4 here in Brazil]. Yesterday I ordered vitamin K on USA but I´m sure it is a good brand.
And I am using CO2 [breath bag], kale boiling water. But, I really thing the most important thing - as my T3 at the blood is very high - is how to do to for the T3 acts at the cells/tissues. And: how to eliminate ufas + estrogen and how to estimulate oxidative respiration.
But I see it is very difficult. And I am running out time. Surgery would be a bad/terrible option. But the bladder is on a high grade of suffering.
I still fighting and studying that´s all.
Gilson!...so good to hear from you...fighting and studying...that's what we do, true? You'll find Obi-wan is fighting the big fight and a storehouse of practical information. I have been lucky so far...after Artemisinin, all my scary prostate symptoms disappeared and PSA has come down to normal...of course that's not telling me everything, but allows me time to concentrate on a new issue...serious actinic keratosis. I have been listening to Cesaria Evora music from Portuguese Cabo Verde...beautiful....makes me want to visit all things Portuguese, including Brazil. Cheers my amigo, all the best to you....John

Obi-wan

@bzmazu I was serious about Cancema for actinic keratois

B

Braveheart

@bzmazu I was serious about Cancema for actinic keratois
Studying it still... starting on large dose of Niacinamide when it arrives...1000-1500mg per day...looks promising...hopefully I am one of the 50%+ that it works on. I am wondering if I have to give up my sunbathing...really thrive on that, but I cover all keratosis spots...don't get sun on back at all, and that's where a great number of spots are? This time my usual 2% iodine has taken forever to get it to retreat...which it does then for 3-4 months. Trying to find 10% iodine used by Simoncini on skin cancer. FDA clamping down on large amts of iodine because used for making meth.!

Travis

" Since 1992, the research group at the University of California, headed by Dr. Dahiya, established the effect of retinoic acid in the downregulation of saturated fatty acids coupled with the upregulation of unsaturated fatty acids in human prostate cancer cells. As such, saturated fatty acids, which are believed to play a significant role in prostate cancer, were inhibited while unsaturated fatty acids, which are believed to act in a protective way relative to such cancers, were increased in cell lines." -ARE THEY NUTS???!!!! PUFA is protective???

All patients had a PSA of 4 or less. Accutane is a 5 alpha reductase inhibitor

Even though the fatty acids we make ourselves are ω−9 fatty acids, via stearate, these are still correlated with increased membrane fluidity and cell proliferation.

This goes to show how disorganized and . . . kittywampus the field of biochemistry is, when taken as a whole. Vitamin A probably should never be used to treat cancer, and is the one vitamin most implicated in causing it. Prospective studies using even its precursor, β-carotene, show increased risk ratios higher than those with α-tocopherol—a protective molecule only dangerous to the extent it displaces γ-tocopherol. Among supplements, only iron parallels retinol in this regard: Although iron of course is considered a mineral, and not a vitamin, it also has a U-shaped curve where any excess becomes decidedly harmful.

TreasureVibe

Even though the fatty acids we make ourselves are ω−9 fatty acids, via stearate, these are still correlated with increased membrane fluidity and cell proliferation.

This goes to show how disorganized and . . . kittywampus the field of biochemistry is, when taken as a whole. Vitamin A probably should never be used to treat cancer, and is the one vitamin most implicated in causing it. Prospective studies using even its precursor, β-carotene, show increased risk ratios higher than those with α-tocopherol—a protective molecule only dangerous to the extent it displaces γ-tocopherol. Among supplements, only iron parallels retinol in this regard: Although iron of course is considered a mineral, and not a vitamin, it also has a U-shaped curve where any excess becomes decidedly harmful.
What about this?

Vitamin E

It is not recommended to use 714X and vitamin E supplements simultaneously.

It is a recognized fact that vitamin E protects cellular membranes against free radicals. This antioxidant property of vitamin E is important in the prevention of cancer, but once cancer has taken hold of the organism, this vitamin could create a protective coating around immature cells and thus delay their identification and elimination by the immune system.

From: Gaston Naessens: Somatids, Somatoscope, & 714X; Alternative cancer treatment; Articles & 2 Patents

Travis

Studying it still... starting on large dose of Niacinamide when it arrives...1000-1500mg per day...looks promising...hopefully I am one of the 50%+ that it works on. I am wondering if I have to give up my sunbathing...really thrive on that, but I cover all keratosis spots...don't get sun on back at all, and that's where a great number of spots are? This time my usual 2% iodine has taken forever to get it to retreat...which it does then for 3-4 months. Trying to find 10% iodine used by Simoncini on skin cancer. FDA clamping down on large amts of iodine because used for making meth.!

Niacinamide can raise plasma homocysteine by adducting-with labile methyl groups, forming N¹-methylnicotinamide and being excreted through the urine. This classic side effect had presented a dilemma among cardiologists who viewed niacin's lipid-lowering effect as beneficial, yet who'd viewed homocysteine as a risk factor in its own right. This effect can, however, can be reversed by pyridoxal phosphate (B₆)—a water-soluble B-vitamin and cofactor for cystathionine-β-synthase, which works in tandem with cystathionine-γ-lyase to convert homocysteine into the much safer cysteine.

Niacinamide isn't even technically a vitamin because it can be made from tryptophan. By negatively regulating the kynurenine pathways, niacin spares tryptophan and thus increases serotonin. Niacin is technically a non-vitamin that increases both plasma homocysteine, albumin-bound tryptophan, and brain serotonin.

[1] Tian, Yan-Jie. "Excess nicotinamide increases plasma serotonin and histamine levels." Acta Physiologica Sinica (2013)
[2] Garg, Rekha. "Niacin treatment increases plasma homocysteine levels." American heart journal (1999)
[3] Young, Genevieve S. "
Water maze performance in young male Long–Evans rats is inversely affected by dietary intakes of niacin and may be linked to levels of the NAD⁺ metabolite cADPR." The Journal of nutrition (2007)
[4] Sun, Wu-Ping. "
Excess nicotinamide inhibits methylation-mediated degradation of catecholamines in normotensives and hypertensives." Hypertension Research (2012)

[5] Selley, M. L. "The effect of increased concentrations of homocysteine on the concentration of (E)-4-hydroxy-2-nonenal in the plasma and cerebrospinal fluid of patients with Alzheimer's disease." Neurobiology of Aging (2002)

B

Braveheart

Niacinamide can raise plasma homocysteine by adducting-with labile methyl groups, forming N¹-methylnicotinamide and being excreted through the urine. This classic side effect had presented a dilemma among cardiologists who viewed niacin's lipid-lowering effect as beneficial, yet who'd viewed homocysteine as a risk factor in its own right. This effect can, however, can be reversed by pyridoxal phosphate (B₆)—a water-soluble B-vitamin and cofactor for cystathionine-β-synthase, which works in tandem with cystathionine-γ-lyase to convert homocysteine into the much safer cysteine.

Niacinamide isn't even technically a vitamin because it can be made from tryptophan. By negatively regulating the kynurenine pathways, niacin spares tryptophan and thus increases serotonin. Niacin is technically a non-vitamin that increases both plasma homocysteine, albumin-bound tryptophan, and brain serotonin.

[1] Tian, Yan-Jie. "Excess nicotinamide increases plasma serotonin and histamine levels." Acta Physiologica Sinica (2013)
[2] Garg, Rekha. "Niacin treatment increases plasma homocysteine levels." American heart journal (1999)
[3] Young, Genevieve S. "
Water maze performance in young male Long–Evans rats is inversely affected by dietary intakes of niacin and may be linked to levels of the NAD⁺ metabolite cADPR." The Journal of nutrition (2007)
[4] Sun, Wu-Ping. "
Excess nicotinamide inhibits methylation-mediated degradation of catecholamines in normotensives and hypertensives." Hypertension Research (2012)

[5] Selley, M. L. "The effect of increased concentrations of homocysteine on the concentration of (E)-4-hydroxy-2-nonenal in the plasma and cerebrospinal fluid of patients with Alzheimer's disease." Neurobiology of Aging (2002)
Thank you, Travis...I was wondering/concerned about such a dose...but am very concerned, as it seems to be on the verge of overwhelming me...and considering all the good things niacinamide can do.......consider upping my dose of b6?

Last edited by a moderator:
Gilson!...so good to hear from you...fighting and studying...that's what we do, true? You'll find Obi-wan is fighting the big fight and a storehouse of practical information. I have been lucky so far...after Artemisinin, all my scary prostate symptoms disappeared and PSA has come down to normal...of course that's not telling me everything, but allows me time to concentrate on a new issue...serious actinic keratosis. I have been listening to Cesaria Evora music from Portuguese Cabo Verde...beautiful....makes me want to visit all things Portuguese, including Brazil. Cheers my amigo, all the best to you....John
Dear friend! Good to know about you, just like me studiyng and fihgting!
today I´m studying hard about how to rip out the unsaturated fats from my body; and estrogen;
I was thinking to use B3, but I saw the Travis note and I already have the homocisteyne high. So perhaps I´ll not to use B3.
Desejo o melhor para você!! [all the best to you!] Gilson Dantas

Travis

Thank you, Travis...I was wondering/concerned about such a dose...but am very concerned, as it seems to be on the verge of overwhelming me...and considering all the good things niacinamide can do.......consider upping my dose of b6?

Yeah, a high dose of niacin should certainly be better with a few precautions: A low tryptophan diet while avoiding MAOIs should keep serotonin in a reasonable range, and pyridoxal phosphate & choline should keep homocysteine from increasing. I think the serotonin-raising effect could partially be why it's been found so helpful in schizophrenia, and I suspect the other reason is due to it's inhibition of histidine & histamine brain uptake.

I have always felt a bit off after drinking my liquid B-vitamin supplement and I think niacin and folic acid are to blame. Most vitamins, of course, are safe in almost any dose but there are a few exceptions. Folic acid, and some of its metabolites, inhibit the brain uptake up natural folates and interfere with the enzymes that require them; (6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolate is much safer than folic acid.

Methionine synthase lowers homocysteine by methylating it, and the cofactors (6S)-tetrahydrofolate and cobalamin are both required for this enzyme to function. The natural (6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolate even comes pre-loaded with a methyl group and can enter the brain through the choroid plexus. The B-vitamins having subscripts in multiples of three are involved in homocysteine metabolism: pyridoxal (B₆), folate (B₉), and cobalamin (B₁₂) all lower it while niacin (B₃) can increase it.

Last edited:
B

Braveheart

Yeah, a high dose of niacin should certainly be better with a few precautions: A low tryptophan diet while avoiding MAOIs should keep serotonin in a reasonable range, and pyridoxal phosphate & choline should keep homocysteine from increasing. I think the serotonin-raising effect could partially be why it's been found so helpful in schizophrenia, and I suspect the other reason is due to it's inhibition of histidine & histamine brain uptake.

I have always felt a bit off after drinking my liquid B-vitamin supplement and I think niacin and folic acid are to blame. Most vitamins, of course, are safe in almost any dose but there are a few exceptions. Folic acid, and some of its metabolites, inhibit the brain uptake up natural folates and interfere with the enzymes that require them; (6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolate is much safer than folic acid.

Methionine synthase lowers homocysteine by methylating it, and the cofactors (6S)-tetrahydrofolate and cobalamin are both required for this enzyme to function. The natural (6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolate even comes pre-loaded with a methyl group and can enter the brain through the choroid plexus. The B-vitamins having subscripts in multiples of three are involved in homocysteine metabolism: pyridoxal (B₆), folate (B₉), and cobalamin (B₁₂) all lower it while niacin (B₃) can increase it.
Thank you for the comments...lots of talk about the benefits of large doses and their success...nothing on side effects...so will dig some more...am compiling lots of new (to me) info on how to tackle skin cancer...getting ready to experiment shortly...thanks!

Travis

This is an interesting thought, and could have some truth to it; yet you'd expect γ-tocopherol to fall under the same rules under this paradigm. Gamma-tocopherol can also break free radical chain reactions yet can also adduct-with with nitrogen dioxide and peroxynitrite. If cancer cells could significantly increase survival by incorporating α-tocopherol into the cell membrane, you might then expect that γ-tocopherol would protect them even more. However, what is consistently observed is that α-tocopherol increases cancer incidence only slightly (RR ≈ 1.1), yet γ-tocopherol can powerfully reduce it (up to 66%). I think this is consistent with the known ability of α-tocopherol to deplete γ-tocopherol, and also with the mutagenic effect of reactive nitrogen species (i.e. NO⁺, ṄO, NO⁻, NO₂, ONOO⁻).

TreasureVibe

Now that I've come to think of it:

What if BPH is caused by prolonged aromatization of testosterone that passes it, throughout the years? The prostate is known to have aromatase enzyme in its tissues. Also IP6 (iron chelator) helped my prostate, I urinate better, so my guess is it shrunk the prostate somehow. Iron was associated with prostate problems I read earlier.

Travis

Now that I've come to think of it:

What if BPH is caused by prolonged aromatization of testosterone that passes it, throughout the years? The prostate is known to have aromatase enzyme in its tissues. Also IP6 (iron chelator) helped my prostate, I urinate better, so my guess is it shrunk the prostate somehow. Iron was associated with prostate problems I read earlier.

I don't doubt it. There have been some strong correlations between cancer an total iron body stores, as estimated by total transferrin levels.

TreasureVibe

This is an interesting thought, and could have some truth to it; yet you'd expect γ-tocopherol to fall under the same rules under this paradigm. Gamma-tocopherol can also break free radical chain reactions yet can also adduct-with with nitrogen dioxide and peroxynitrite. If cancer cells could significantly increase survival by incorporating α-tocopherol into the cell membrane, you might then expect that γ-tocopherol would protect them even more. However, what is consistently observed is that α-tocopherol increases cancer incidence only slightly (RR ≈ 1.1), yet γ-tocopherol can powerfully reduce it (up to 66%). I think this is consistent with the known ability of α-tocopherol to deplete γ-tocopherol, and also with the mutagenic effect of reactive nitrogen species (i.e. NO⁺, ṄO, NO⁻, NO₂, ONOO⁻).
Very interesting material, would gamma tocopherol also deplete alpha tocopherol?

I don't doubt it. There have been some strong correlations between cancer an total iron body stores, as estimated by total transferrin levels.
That's a very scary thought considering it helped for me..

Travis

Very interesting material, would gamma tocopherol also deplete alpha tocopherol?
Not really because the binding protein actually has a slight preference for α-tocopherol.