What Would You Suggest For BPH Prostate Trouble?

Iceman2016

One other thing that may be a factor (and this is just conjecture on my part) is lower body physical activity. I can say for myself that I'm pretty sedentary.

I have noticed the few times I've engaged in lower body exercise (squats, lunges, running, walking 20k steps every day for a few weeks, etc) that my erections and urine flow improved dramatically. To the point of frequent spontaneous erections. Perhaps full range leg work would be useful in all male lower urinary tract (LUTS) symptoms.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter

Iceman2016

I have used it for years, can heal hemorrhoids fast and on the other end is very good for many eye disorders. Its too thick for a sensual oil, for that extra virgin (no pun intended) olive oil is nice.

Everything you Need to Know about Castor Oil Eye Drops for Safe Application and Effective Use - Svastha Ayurveda

So, you're saying that castor oil applied to a hemorrhoid can actually reverse/cure it?

Isn't surgery the only real way to reverse hemorrhoids? I recently learned I have one and was under the impression surgical intervention was the only way to resolve it.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
So, you're saying that castor oil applied to a hemorrhoid can actually reverse/cure it?

Isn't surgery the only real way to reverse hemorrhoids? I recently learned I have one and was under the impression surgical intervention was the only way to resolve it.

It worked for me, can't hurt to try...

Look at the reviews on this page.

Castor Oil Treatment for Hemorrhoids

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
One other thing that may be a factor (and this is just conjecture on my part) is lower body physical activity. I can say for myself that I'm pretty sedentary.

I have noticed the few times I've engaged in lower body exercise (squats, lunges, running, walking 20k steps every day for a few weeks, etc) that my erections and urine flow improved dramatically. To the point of frequent spontaneous erections. Perhaps full range leg work would be useful in all male lower urinary tract (LUTS) symptoms.

I agree with you about the exercise especially helpful if you exercise on a whole body vibrator machine, the oscillation/pivotal type are best, improves microcirculation, great for prostate and everything.

Iceman2016

It worked for me, can't hurt to try...

Look at the reviews on this page.

Castor Oil Treatment for Hemorrhoids

Was just reading the reviews on earth clinic. So, hemorrhoids are supposed to itch, sting, burn, hurt? I don't feel anything... I just have a protrusion. I didn't know it was there until an doctor had to give me a gluteal injection (sorry if tmi) while I was lying in a hospital bed mentioned it to me in passing. If I don't have all the pain related symptoms, does that mean I don't have hemorrhoids?

Obi-wan

PSA should be under 4. Please do not wait to get a PSA test if you have ANY prostate symptoms. I finally did and it was 12,800. I thought that had to be a mistake...now on androgen deprivation therapy. You always have choices for plan of action BUT you need to MONITER. And keep your cell phone out of your pocket...The prostate is a polyamine rich organ and if cancer develops they WILL proliferate. Prostate cancer is probably the number one cancer for men, and men at younger ages are getting it. As I mentioned on another thread my urologist just had a 38 year old come in with a 12,000 PSA. I am 61.

OP
ecstatichamster
I probably would not get medical treatment for prostate cancer speaking personally. I just think it’s horrific. I’m not saying others are making wrong decisions. Just my view.

vulture

I probably would not get medical treatment for prostate cancer speaking personally. I just think it’s horrific. I’m not saying others are making wrong decisions. Just my view.
There was an statistic made with MDs opinion on the subject, most of them wouldn't...
I hope mine is Ok and it's just an infection (which I think), but if I get some prostate cancer I might rather using TRT and enjoy my life as much as possible, when it gets painful enought, I might end up my life by doing something dangerous. I'm tired of dealing with whitecoats, I don't trust them.
I don't have kids, I wont sacrifice quality over quantity.

OP
ecstatichamster
Most men who live long enough may get prostate cancer. At least in the West.

In most cases it’s nothing to worry about. I mean we will die of other causes before it gets us.

About 25 percent go away on their own. A little known fact. Imagine that Peaty living probably raises the odds of it going away on its own.

Obi-wan

That was my thoughts also...until...PSA of 12,800...MD's still get their PSA checked. Like I said choices are yours but know what your dealing with...

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Many men as they age have prostate cancer and do nothing about it and live long happy lives, the word cancer creates lot of fear but its important to understand what this really means and what is happening, with that said there are times something should be done and it works and saves people lives, its really important to have your PSA levels checked as you get older and work with a doctor you feel comfortable with, if you are diagnosed with cancer see it as a challenge to learn and heal yourself, do lots of research look at all the options.

Modern medicine has many things to learn, but hey if we were in a car accident guess who would be saving our life. Science on Earth is in its infancy, but were moving fast, just 300 years ago 75% of the people living in London died before reaching the age of 25. Infant and maternal mortality rates have greatly improved, even 75 years ago if a child was born prematurely there was no hope.

Life and science is evolving at a incredible pace we are very fortunate to be alive at this point in history. There is and always will be problems to solve, this forum and our communications with each other are part of creating solutions that our grandchildren won't even be thinking about.

Functional Medicine doctors are open minded.

https://www.ifm.org/functional-medicine/

TreasureVibe

Prostate Enlargement (BPH) May Be Due To Endotoxin
Reversal Of Benign Prostate Hyperplasia By Selective Occlusion Of Impaired Venous Drainage In Males
Prostatic venous plexus - Wikipedia

Even if there is no varicocele present, theoretically there could still be abnormalities of the prostatic venous plexus which cause proliferative problems with the prostate.
(retrograde flow of hormone-rich blood, etc.)

afp20020501p1834-f1.jpg

Finally I've found a good anatomical picture which shows all the relevant veins in a clear matter.

Source: Neurologic Complications of Prostate Cancer

Hormones cause varicose veins. Varicose veins cause back flow, bypassing of the blood, stagnant blood, leakiness of the veins etcetera. Where are hormones most frequently present? The pelvic area. So it wouldn't be such a strange idea that varicose veins cause BPH. Varicose veins that can't be seen, too. Like those of the prostatic venous plexus.

"3. The arteriosclerotic and varicose vein theory. With arteriosclerosis, or hardening of the arteries, there is a decrease in the caliber or gauge of the blood vessels to the prostate gland, which, receiving a deficient supply of blood, is thus not properly nourished. If varicose veins are present, venous stasis may be combined with deficient nourishment to bring on enlargement of the prostate.

Varicose veins of the urinary bladder are often noted in association with prostatic hypertrophy. These veins drain blood from the vesicoprostatic venous plexus. Bleeding from the prostatic capsule following prostatectomy is most often from enlarged veins. In the area of the prostatic capsule, a tight cover with a sphincter at each end, lymph and venous blood have difficulty circulating even under normal conditions. If the physiology is disturbed in any way, we should expect the development of venous and lymph stasis.

Some hemorrhoids are caused by varicose veins of the hemorrhoidal plexus. Likewise, prostatic hypertrophy may be due to varicose veins of the bladder, prostate, and rectum.

Other causes of prostatic venous stasis may be constipation and the consequent straining to move one's bowels, a prolonged upright position, lifting, habits which do not permit the frequent enough emptying of the bladder, and nervous tension (which produces bladder spasm, rectal spasm, and the retention of gas in the rectum). All of these conditions interfere with the proper venous return from the prostate gland."

Source: How to Stay Out of the Hospital

And then there is this:

Prostate therapy without surgery: Thousands of men to benefit from new technique that uses plastic beads to block blood supply and shrink the enlarged gland
  • Successful trial in Portugal being followed up in UK with results due this year
  • If it is successful the technique could be rolled out for routine use on the NHS
  • Researchers expect it to largely replace surgery as the standard treatment
By BEN SPENCER MEDICAL CORRESPONDENT FOR THE DAILY MAIL

PUBLISHED: 05:00 BST, 8 March 2017 | UPDATED: 08:19 BST, 8 March 2017

Tens of thousands of men could benefit from a breakthrough prostate treatment announced today.

The technique uses tiny plastic beads to block the blood supply and shrink the enlarged gland – all without an operation.

A successful trial in Portugal is being followed up in Britain, with results due back later this year. If successful it could be rolled out for routine use on the NHS.

Half of all men over 50 suffer from an enlarged prostate and every year 45,000 have risky surgery to remove part of it.

As well as being painful and invasive, the operation can cause loss of sexual function and even incontinence.

3E0E704100000578-4291774-image-a-37_1488930535014.jpg

The technique uses tiny plastic beads to block the blood supply and shrink the enlarged gland – all without an operation

Last night, researchers said they expected the new technique – prostate artery embolisation – to largely replace surgery as the standard treatment.

An enlarged prostate presses on the bladder, while also blocking the urethra. This means sufferers need to make repeated night-time trips to the toilet, often to find they cannot urinate at all.

This can lead to a build-up of toxins that cause severe kidney problems. The bead technique has been tested on 1,000 middle-aged men in Portugal.

Joao Martins Pisco, who led the study at St Louis Hospital in Lisbon, said: 'Within five years I think this will replace surgery as the standard treatment.

'Prostate artery embolisation gives men a treatment option that is less invasive than other therapies and allows them to return to their normal lives sooner.

Time and time again, I see patients who are relieved to find out about prostate artery embolisation because they are not able to tolerate medications due to their side effects.

'These men also don't want traditional surgery because it involves greater risks, has possible sexual side effects, and has a recovery time that is relatively long compared to prostate artery embolisation, which is generally performed under local anaesthesia and on an outpatient basis.'

The Portuguese team, which will present its findings at the Society of Interventional Radiology in Washington DC today, concluded the procedure is as effective as surgery and the benefits may last as long.

Half of all men over 50 suffer from an enlarged prostate and every year 45,000 have risky surgery to remove part of it

Only two patients in the seven-year trial had clinical side effects.

Performed under local anaesthetic, the procedure involves injecting hundreds of 0.2mm plastic beads into an artery in the groin.

The beads are directed with a thin tube into the blood vessels that flow to the prostate, blocking blood supply to the enlarged gland so that it shrinks.

Dr Pisco added: 'I have had nine babies born to men who were able to continue their sex lives after having the treatment.'

His team saw a 89 per cent success rate six months after surgery, 82 per cent success up to three years, and 78 per cent beyond three years.

Two hundred patients in Southampton General, Guy's Hospital in London and 16 other clinics are involved in the British trial, which is part-funded by the clinical watchdog NICE.

Dr Nigel Hacking, who is leading the study, said: 'It is very encouraging. I am always cautious about new techniques but this procedure seems to be showing promise and it seems to be safe.'

Louise de Winter of the Urology Foundation said: 'This research is very exciting.

'As the population ages these problems are going to get even more acute.'

An estimated 45,000 men undergo surgery for enlarged prostates every year in the UK.

Dr Pisco claims most of these could be replaced by prostate artery embolisation – although others say the less invasive procedure is not be suitable for all men, and many will have to continue to have surgery.

Two hundred patients in Southampton General (pictured) Guy's Hospital in London and 16 other clinics are involved in the British trial

Dr Hacking said that in his own experience, roughly 40 per cent of patients who have embolisation later have to undergo operations.

But having initial embolisation may enable them to delay that operation while retaining sexual function, and this usually means that when they do come to have an operation it is less invasive and there is a lower risk of side effects.

'Even if they do need to go back and have surgery it's a smaller operation,' he said.

Dr Hacking said it was unlikely the procedure will completely replace surgery, because it requires a highly trained interventional radiologist.

'It is a fiddly procedure and it would be potentially dangerous for someone without the skills to do it,' he said.

'But I think it may give men another option alongside surgery.'

Surgery, conducted either with a hot wire or lasers, have a high success rate - but they come with side effects which can include loss of sexual function, bleeding and incontinence.

The symptoms of enlarged prostate include a frequent need to urinate, but also difficulty starting to urinate and difficulty fully emptying a bladder.

These symptoms, however, also might be a sign of prostate cancer, so anyone in this way should be seen by a urologist.

Source: Thousands of men to benefit from new prostate therapy | Daily Mail Online

The British NHS already greenlighted it in these 2018 news articles:
New prostate therapy recommended on NHS
Pioneering prostate treatment for tens of thousands of men gets NHS green light

Nonsurgical treatment for enlarged prostate remains effective for years (2017)

The studies:

https://www.researchgate.net/public...zation_for_Prostate_Cancer-Initial_Experience
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/321339938_Surgical_Treatment_Prostate_Artery_Embolization
https://www.researchgate.net/public...Embolization_for_Benign_Prostatic_Hyperplasia
https://www.researchgate.net/public...Prostatic_Hyperplasia_Results_in_630_Patients

See here for the studies: https://www.researchgate.net/scientific-contributions/46532827_Joao_Martins_Pisco

Seems like I wasn't that much off when pointing at blood vessels of the prostate gland.

We have successful treatment using selective occlusion of veins on the one side:
Reversal Of Benign Prostate Hyperplasia By Selective Occlusion Of Impaired Venous Drainage In Males

And successful treatment using embolization of arteries on the other side:
Surgical Treatment: Prostate Artery Embolization (in a 1,000 patients trial)

Something tells me that the prostatic venous plexus and the prostatic venous drainage system have something to do with this...

Varicoceles are abundant in male populations, why would it be impossible for the prostatic venous plexus to have the same complication?

Also, see: Interventional Treatment Of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: Embolization Of The Testicular Vein Even 'regular' varicocele embolization produces results for BPH.

Venous drainage system has something to do with BPH and prostate cancer. I think this is very realistic.

This study actually proves that varicosities of the prostatic venous plexus exist: Reversal Of Benign Prostate Hyperplasia By Selective Occlusion Of Impaired Venous Drainage In Males

So their existence is already proven.

Last edited:

TreasureVibe

Basically in short, my thesis, supported by 2 major successful trials that interfere with blood flow one way or another, either through the arterial route, or the venous route of the prostate:

- A varicosed (vesico)prostatic venous plexus could be the cause of BPH and subsequent prostate cancer when not treated early.
- A varicosed (vesico)prostatic venous plexus could be present without the presence of a varicocele.
- Just like hemorrhoids could be present without presence of varicose veins of other plexuses and BPH
- Other varicose veins in the region, that impair the venous drainage system, like the bladder veins, could also contribute to BPH development
- Hemorrhoids, seen alot in elderly men, could also point to a more common frequency of varicose veins of the area around the prostate, if it is caused by a varicose hemorrhoidal plexus
- There could be a role for the lymphatic system for BPH and prostate cancer, which Gaston Naessens showcased
- There could also be a hormonal implication in BPH and prostate cancer for the prostate gland by itself, where simply an abundance of estrogens in the blood cause the prostate gland itself to become proliferative (i.e. cancerous or pre-cancerous) in which the demand on the drainous system is too big, causing inability of the prostate gland to physiologically revert back to its original size, and inability of the circulation to bring the required hormones like androgens and other anti-estrogenic compounds to revert the prostate to its original size as well in the proper blood flow ratio. (androgens are anti-estrogenic as well)

Also see: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0b/Gray585.png
And:
Rectal venous plexus - Wikipedia
Vesical venous plexus - Wikipedia
Pudendal venous plexus - Wikipedia
Prostatic venous plexus - Wikipedia

Vesicoprostatic venous plexus is basically the combination of the vesical venous plexus and the prostatic venous plexus seen as a whole. It is named in alot of medical literature, and is easier to say than to say both vesical and prostatic venous plexus by themselves. Another name for the vesicoprostatic venous plexus is the pudendal venous plexus.

A big question one should ask, is, where does aromatization of androgens to estrogens occur? Does it occur everywhere in the body or are there regions where it happens more frequent or exclusively?

Some of us here on the Ray Peat Forum know that estrogens are the prime suspect in the development of varicose veins.

"Aromatase is also expressed in the male gonad; however, in contrast to its key role as an endocrine coordinator in females, in males, the paracrine effects of aromatase products are essential for normal spermatogenesis."

Also see: Estrogen receptors α and β and aromatase as independent predictors for prostate cancer outcome (2016)
Estrogens, Not Just Androgens, Play an Important Role in Human Prostate Cancer (2002)

And:

"...simultaneous treatment of intact...rats with testosterone and estradiol-17beta for 16 weeks consistenly induced a putative precancerous lesion, termed dysplasia, in the dorsolateral prostate of all animals. Since treatment of rats with androgen alone did not elicit the same response, we concluded that estrogen played a critical role in the genesis of this proliferative lesion." Shuk-mei Ho and M. Yu, in "Selective increase in type II estrogen-binding sites in the dysplastic dorsolateral prostates of Noble rats," Cancer Research 53, 528-532, 1993.

Source: Ray Peat article on Prostate Cancer: Prostate Cancer

Last edited:

TreasureVibe

Maybe any hormone or blend of hormones can cause cancer in the prostate, when given enough through failing veins that cause backflow. Or more compounds, perhaps secreted from the prostate itself, flow back into it and accumulate there due to failing veins.

Perhaps these prostate secretions, in combination with aforementioned blend of hormones could even cause cancer.

Function[edit]
Male sexual response[edit]
Main article: Prostate massage
During male seminal emission, sperm is transmitted from the vas deferens into the male urethra via the ejaculatory ducts, which lie within the prostate gland. Ejaculation is the expulsion of semen from the urethra. It is possible for some men to achieve orgasm solely through stimulation of the prostate gland, such as prostate massage or anal intercourse.[18][19][20]

Secretions[edit]
Prostatic secretions vary among species. They are generally composed of simple sugars and are often slightly alkaline.[21] In human prostatic secretions, the protein content is less than 1% and includes proteolytic enzymes, prostatic acid phosphatase, beta-microseminoprotein, and prostate-specific antigen. The secretions also contain zinc with a concentration 500–1,000 times the concentration in blood.

Regulation[edit]
To function properly, the prostate needs male hormones (androgens), which are responsible for male sex characteristics. The main male hormone is testosterone, which is produced mainly by the testicles. It is dihydrotestosterone (DHT), a metabolite of testosterone, that predominantly regulates the prostate.

Source: Prostate - Wikipedia

Also genes could still, as an exception perhaps, play a role in prostate cancer problems:

Gene and protein expression[edit]
Further information: Bioinformatics § Gene and protein expression
About 20,000 protein coding genes are expressed in human cells and almost 75% of these genes are expressed in the normal prostate.[22][23] About 150 of these genes are more specifically expressed in the prostate with about 20 genes being highly prostate specific.[24] The corresponding specific proteins are expressed in the glandular and secretory cells of the prostatic gland and have functions that are important for the characteristics of semen. Examples of some of the most prostate specific proteins are enzymes, such as the prostate specific antigen (PSA), and the ACPP protein.

Whatever happened to Gilson Dantes from Brazil? He had it bad and seemed to be fighting for his life.
Dear friend Bzmazu: I still here, avoiding the menu of official oncology; I use all I know of the Peat´s knowledge in my meals [OJ, cheese, shrimp, coffee, milk, butter, meat, eggs, etc and I am avoiding anti-thyroid foods] and using 100 mg of pregnenolone, NDT 2 grains by day, T3 50 mcg/day divided, and niacinamide 100 mg/day. My health is much better [my gallstones gone away for instance] and I feel better. And the T3 in the blood is very high, but my temperature stills low [probabily because of unsaturated fatty acids and estrogen on the tissues]. The tumor is there, strangling my urethra. And my body is calcificating a lot.
Against the tumor I used Artemisia annua [leaves] but I stopped: problems with my stomach.
By now I´m worried about the tumor [the bladder is suffering].
I think I must to know how to deal with the unsaturated fats + estrogen in my body [prolactine is high, 12, even with progesterone high, at 3,0; and homocisteyne is high, 12]. I´m studiyng this issues on Peat.
I have to stop aspirine because of the stomach [I think AAS attacked my stomach], and is very hard to find a good vitamina K2 MK4 here in Brazil]. Yesterday I ordered vitamin K on USA but I´m sure it is a good brand.
And I am using CO2 [breath bag], kale boiling water. But, I really thing the most important thing - as my T3 at the blood is very high - is how to do to for the T3 acts at the cells/tissues. And: how to eliminate ufas + estrogen and how to estimulate oxidative respiration.
But I see it is very difficult. And I am running out time. Surgery would be a bad/terrible option. But the bladder is on a high grade of suffering.
I still fighting and studying that´s all.

Obi-wan

Dear friend Bzmazu: I still here, avoiding the menu of official oncology; I use all I know of the Peat´s knowledge in my meals [OJ, cheese, shrimp, coffee, milk, butter, meat, eggs, etc and I am avoiding anti-thyroid foods] and using 100 mg of pregnenolone, NDT 2 grains by day, T3 50 mcg/day divided, and niacinamide 100 mg/day. My health is much better [my gallstones gone away for instance] and I feel better. And the T3 in the blood is very high, but my temperature stills low [probabily because of unsaturated fatty acids and estrogen on the tissues]. The tumor is there, strangling my urethra. And my body is calcificating a lot.
Against the tumor I used Artemisia annua [leaves] but I stopped: problems with my stomach.
By now I´m worried about the tumor [the bladder is suffering].
I think I must to know how to deal with the unsaturated fats + estrogen in my body [prolactine is high, 12, even with progesterone high, at 3,0; and homocisteyne is high, 12]. I´m studiyng this issues on Peat.
I have to stop aspirine because of the stomach [I think AAS attacked my stomach], and is very hard to find a good vitamina K2 MK4 here in Brazil]. Yesterday I ordered vitamin K on USA but I´m sure it is a good brand.
And I am using CO2 [breath bag], kale boiling water. But, I really thing the most important thing - as my T3 at the blood is very high - is how to do to for the T3 acts at the cells/tissues. And: how to eliminate ufas + estrogen and how to estimulate oxidative respiration.
But I see it is very difficult. And I am running out time. Surgery would be a bad/terrible option. But the bladder is on a high grade of suffering.
I still fighting and studying that´s all.

Obi-wan

Hello Glison, did you ever get a PSA test done? "And my body is calcificating a lot." If your prostate cancer has metastasized into your bones you need to get on androgen depravation immediately, Taking Firmagon or Lupron. Don't wait!

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals