What would be a safe caloric deficit?

Such_Umami

I would like to lose a bit of weight. Although I don't want to trigger any cortisol or other stress hormones. I was wondering what is a good way to approach this?

76er

1. Need to track calories.
2. Need to find your base maintenance caloric intake.
3. Reduce daily caloric intake to around 250 fat calories from maintenance.

--- Misc
- No cheat days as you'll just regain what you worked so hard to slowly take off.
- Adjust for physical activity on any given day but don't get overly confident and hence over eat because you "earned it". Most purposeful exercise doesn't eat up as much calories as we think.
- Knocking off the fat calories will still allow you to have a good amount carbs/glucose that'll keep cortisol in check.
- Dietary fat is more easily converted to adipose tissue than carbohydrate-based calories.
- Not reducing carbs but instead fat calories will *perhaps* keep the important daily NEAT high.

oxphoser

I think the least stressful way to lose weight is to make a food diary of everything you eat for maybe a week to figure out how many calories you eat when not losing weight, then create a slight deficit, maybe 100-200 calories a day. That way you can maintain your Peat eating habits and not screw up your metabolism. There’s a guy on this forum who didthis. I think his YouTube channel is called “Dave Fit.” He managed to eat ice cream while losing weight.