What works best: "3 square meals a day" or "constant snacking"

youngsinatra

sesms low in calcium.
Yes and actually willingly so. I have pretty high vitamin D levels at the moment (~100ng/ml) and calcium seems to give me hypercalcemia and hypercalciuria symptoms at the moment.

I keep calcium low-ish until vitamin D drops down to 40-60 ng/ml again.

High amounts of magnesium and K2 help too.

Vins7

I haven't read other responses, but it comes down to your liver and general health and the ability to store and utilize glycogen effectively.

From personal experience, as I improved metabolically, my need for snacking lessened and I could go without food for longer than few hours. There was a time where I needed to eat every 2-3 hours but those days are over.
What were the main things that you did for improving metabolically?

ddjd

Medjool dates are delicious, convenient, and nutrient dense.
I call them God's candy bar.

Why medjool? If you do a forum search some of us debated on a thread the benefits of the different date varieties.

I buy honey from local beekeepers.
I don't eat honey heated to hopefully preserve some of its nuanced benefits.
I can't find the date comparison thread can you post it please

Cloudhands

i think that 3 meals is better, its more organized and gives me time to do other things and not constantly be eating. im sure the best thing is to have a low stress life and then just eat when hungry

David90

I go back and forth on this one. I tend to drink juice, have fruit, eat a tortilla with cheese, etc., all day.

But sometimes I eat a bigger meal and don't eat for hours.

Which have you found works best for you? Can you share your experiences?
3-4 Meals per Day, with NO Snacks.

I Always make sure, that i have adequate Protein (20-30g) with every Meal (with Exception from the Breakfast, which has at least 50g of Protein to begin with). I also use Salt and Sugar (or Fruits) with every Meal.

My Breakfast is mostly 2-3 Eggs cooked in the Pan (with the yolk still a bit runny), with miscellaneous Vegetables (at the Moment, Sour Pickles, Ginger and 1 Small Tomato). And i have some 2-3 Medium Tangerines at the Side, together with my Morning Supplements and a Large Coffee with Milk and Sugar.

Kyriakos Grizzly. I see, you are a Men of Culture...:D

Peater Piper

I used to eat six smaller meals a day, now I have a small breakfast, medium lunch, and large dinner. Can't say either one is better or worse, but it's certainly easier not having to worry about eating every few hours.

stressless

I have many meals through-out: e.g.

- 6:30AM
- 2 x medjool dates with 8oz of milk.
- Hot coffee latte with gelatin, creating, salt, cocoa, black strap molasses, and maple syrup
- 4 oz of ground beef mix with small amounts of beef heart and liver, onion,
green pepper. 1/2 oz of grated parmigiano.

- 9:30 AM
- Mix of pomegranate, orange, and apple (cider) juice.
- 1 serving of ricotta with honey and black strap.

- 11:30 AM
- 1 x duck egg with cheese and a meat. Usually with a starch: potato or
sourdough bread.
- Mix of pomegranate, orange, and apple (cider) juice.

- 1:30 PM
- 2 x medjool dates with 6oz of milk.

- 3:00 PM
- Cold coffee latte with salt, cocoa, peanut butter powder, black strap
molasses, and maple syrup.
- 1 oz of Gouda

- 6:15 PM
- Standard dinner fare, whatever my wife makes.
- 8oz apple cider

- 8:00 PM
- Cold coffee latte with salt, cocoa, peanut butter powder, black strap
molasses, and maple syrup.

- 10:30 Bedtime: Maybe a spoonful of honey with a swig of milk.
I love these ideas - thank you for sharing!

A.R

I haven't read other responses, but it comes down to your liver and general health and the ability to store and utilize glycogen effectively.

From personal experience, as I improved metabolically, my need for snacking lessened and I could go without food for longer than few hours. There was a time where I needed to eat every 2-3 hours but those days are over.
I agree with this. Liver health is very important.

FrostedShores

I've done a lot of experimentation (lots of small meals, typical three meals, OMAD, and so on) and what works for me is two big meals a day, one for breakfast and one for dinner, a snack for lunch, and if I get hungry in the evenings, I'll have a snack before bed. Sometimes, I'll have some extra OJ throughout the day.