What works best: "3 square meals a day" or "constant snacking"

Lollipop2

Can I ask what you eat? Do you eat the same things daily?
No. Seriously too long to type everything out. I think I have spoken about it in old posts. You might search some of the them. Basically real food, Peat inspired.

SamYo123

My liver glycogen storage is excellent. Why are you suggesting I am stressed? You have no idea who I am. Sounds like the scenario for you and you are trying to pressure me into agreeing with you. Study up on liver glycogen and healthy metabolism...
No, I was trying to understand your counter argument to it

Jennifer

i could go longer without food, and appetite reduced as my metabolism got worse. with a higher metabolism i was hungry often and digested quick.

That has been my experience, as well. Same goes for all the children I took care of, the children in my family, and even my doggy—he was a little furnace and was hungry often, just like the children. And one way I can tell when my mum needs more thyroid is when her appetite becomes non-existent. For me, running on stress hormones equals a huge appetite and healthy thyroid function also equals a huge appetite but with the former, I’m freezing after a meal, especially my hands, feet and nose, and peeing frequently, including during the night, and with the latter, I’m warm all over after a meal, pee less often and not at all during the night.

Last edited:
OP
ecstatichamster
E905AB62-E2EE-43B4-9AB9-F6FF8DF9428E.jpeg

I might have not recorded 1.5 cups of OJ.

Cloudhands

i eat rice + duck egg + ground beef as 3 square meals and then drink coffee with milk and maple syrup, and oj ad libitum in between.

Vileplume

I think this email response from Ray is relevant to this topic:

Gaps between meals

Me:
Do you think it's helpful to leave a few hours between meals, to let food digest? I think I might find benefit from spacing my meals 3 hours apart or so, rather than grazing all day long.

Dr. Peat: I think the distinct meal times help the intestine to establish a regular rhythm.

76er

interesting, why so many dates and why medjool dates
also is there a specific kind of honey you prefer
Medjool dates are delicious, convenient, and nutrient dense.
I call them God's candy bar.

Why medjool? If you do a forum search some of us debated on a thread the benefits of the different date varieties.

I buy honey from local beekeepers.
I don't eat honey heated to hopefully preserve some of its nuanced benefits.

youngsinatra

I eat around 4-5 big meals.
Almost always starch (white potatoes/basmati rice) + lean beef + cooked fruit + salt + cup of coffee. The only exception is an oatmeal with cooked fruit once a day that does not contain animal-products.

shine

I eat 3 meals and constantly snack in between the meals for maximum bloat.

Dr. B

Medjool dates are delicious, convenient, and nutrient dense.
I call them God's candy bar.

Why medjool? If you do a forum search some of us debated on a thread the benefits of the different date varieties.

I buy honey from local beekeepers.
I don't eat honey heated to hopefully preserve some of its nuanced benefits.
id like to see that please!

OP
ecstatichamster
I eat around 4-5 big meals.
Almost always starch (white potatoes/basmati rice) + lean beef + cooked fruit + salt + cup of coffee. The only exception is an oatmeal with cooked fruit once a day that does not contain animal-products.

sesms low in calcium.