What Will You All Do If Something Happens To The Food Supply?

There are some forests and a preservation park near where I live. I would probably have to get something to eat from there. As has been mentioned, bugs and worms could be eaten for survival. There are actually some decently sized lizzards 'round these parts. Once I saw a pretty big one, I almost thought it was the owner of Facebook.

Hopefully some mangoes or jackfruit if I find trees with these fruits. It will be a low carb diet probably though.

Starship

Seems like since you believe in CR, an outright famine would do wonders for life extension tho, yeah?
Probably yes for almost half of Americans, as long as they get enough nutrients. Being obese is definitely one of the worst things for health, definitely worse than lipolysis or being in ketosis. I see so many men with guts kicking the bucket at ~65, it's just sad. I was deficient in everything there is for most of my life, including calories. I didn't yet encounter any health issues at age 30, except really minor ones, so I'm biased.

AllThingsPeat

I have not started growing my own food but I have stock piled some foods (shelf stable and frozen) and I also went ahead and bought some seeds.
Same. I also got some organic potatoes and sweet potatoes to grow. If things get really bad, I'll probably turn the whole interior of my house into a potato plantation (in pots of course, lol).

gaze

Options to consider for food:
1) Have a back up supply:
-frozen fruit/ veg
-dried fruit
-macadamia nuts (not roasted)
-banana chips
-fruit juice concentrate
-maple syrup (minerals accompany sugar)
-molasses (minerals accompany sugar)
-white rice
-salt
-canned fruit/ veg
-canned/ vacuum sealed juices
-frozen meat/ fish
-canned meat/ fish
-beef jerky
-pemmican
-condensed milk
-powdered milk
-UHT milk
-olive oil
-macadamia nut oil
-coconut oil
-beef tallow
-ghee
-chocolate in all forms (bars, powder, pieces)

2) Have alternate supply:
-establish relationship with local farmer
-Learn how to farm yourself, create a local community with other people and get a farm going together.
-grow a garden
-keep chickens
-keep goats
-learn how to fish/ live close to water
-learn how to hunt/ get out of city (unless you want to be a cannibal as previously mentioned, then stay in the city [keep in mind tho, modern humans in the west are most likely high in PUFA])
I would add to that list nutritional or brewers yeast to use as a vitamin supplement , especially if your gonna be relying on white rice, ghee, for a lot of calories

CLASH

I would add to that list nutritional or brewers yeast to use as a vitamin supplement , especially if your gonna be relying on white rice, ghee, for a lot of calories

I agree, vitamin and mineral supplements would be a good idea to stock up on to fill in gaps during food shortages. I mentioned molasses rather than just regular cane sugar becuase of its high vitamin and mineral content.

Perry Staltic

I know very little about the topic. What are the clues that solar minimum / ice age might happen during our lifetimes?

Ice age ain't going to happen for a while (decades), but an extended period of lower sunspot activity (solar minimum) is here and now. Cooler weather typically coincides with solar minimums. This is a good site to get more informed on the topic (plus lots of pretty pictures)

Perry Staltic

I know very little about the topic. What are the clues that solar minimum / ice age might happen during our lifetimes?

This graph shows sunspot activity over the past 400 years. The Maunder and Dalton Minimums were during a colder period called the Little Ice Age. As you can see sunspot activity has been trending down over the past several decades. We are currently in the transition between solar cycles (SC) 24 and 25. NASA forecast that SC25 will be comparable to the Dalton Minimum, and as you can see from the graph we are almost there. The "year without a summer" occurred during the Dalton Minimum (which was a cooler period), but part of that drop in temperature was due to the Mt Tambora volcanic eruption. Explosive volcanic eruptions that cool the atmosphere increase during solar minimums due to the way increased cosmic rays interact with subsurface magma..

iu

Nicole W.

It’s not just the solar minimum that is setting the stage for famine. There are many political forces at work also. Taken together, there are major food shortages occurring right now that the msm is not talking about. Countries are snapping up as much soybean, corn and rice as they can and/ or ceasing export of these grains to protect their populations. The only country that has not been doing this is the USA apparently, exporting much of our grain/beans to China despite the fact that we have severely drawn down on our stock piles.
The reason why these grains are so important is that they are a major constituent of animal feed. No animal feed=no animals=no meat, dairy, eggs in the grocery store.

Nicole W.

Same. I also got some organic potatoes and sweet potatoes to grow. If things get really bad, I'll probably turn the whole interior of my house into a potato plantation (in pots of course, lol).
Not sure if you’d be interested in this, but I found this little book on Amazon that shows you how to grow new plants from all your vegetable scraps. It eliminates the need for seeds. It amazed me how many fruits and vegetables can be grown this way. Plus, it would be a really fun project for kids:
Amazon product ASIN 162008368X

BearWithMe

This graph shows sunspot activity over the past 400 years. The Maunder and Dalton Minimums were during a colder period called the Little Ice Age. As you can see sunspot activity has been trending down over the past several decades. We are currently in the transition between solar cycles (SC) 24 and 25. NASA forecast that SC25 will be comparable to the Dalton Minimum, and as you can see from the graph we are almost there. The "year without a summer" occurred during the Dalton Minimum (which was a cooler period), but part of that drop in temperature was due to the Mt Tambora volcanic eruption. Explosive volcanic eruptions that cool the atmosphere increase during solar minimums due to the way increased cosmic rays interact with subsurface magma..

iu
Very interesting, thank you!

BearWithMe

It’s not just the solar minimum that is setting the stage for famine. There are many political forces at work also. Taken together, there are major food shortages occurring right now that the msm is not talking about. Countries are snapping up as much soybean, corn and rice as they can and/ or ceasing export of these grains to protect their populations. The only country that has not been doing this is the USA apparently, exporting much of our grain/beans to China despite the fact that we have severely drawn down on our stock piles.
The reason why these grains are so important is that they are a major constituent of animal feed. No animal feed=no animals=no meat, dairy, eggs in the grocery store.
Damn, that sounds horrible.

But it would also explain many things that happened recently.

Why are they doing that?

Nicole W.

Why are they doing that?
I think the proffered reason is to RESET THE TABLE, part of the GREAT RESET agenda/ ideology. This would involve destroying domestic animal agriculture and in its place introduce lab created foods that no one has any other choice but to consume in the name of saving the environment or some other BS. At least that is what I can gather so far.

AllThingsPeat

Not sure if you’d be interested in this, but I found this little book on Amazon that shows you how to grow new plants from all your vegetable scraps. It eliminates the need for seeds. It amazed me how many fruits and vegetables can be grown this way. Plus, it would be a really fun project for kids:
Amazon product ASIN 162008368X
Ooh thanks for that. Given the seed shortages, using scraps could be essential pretty soon.

Why are they doing that?
Engineered crises and causes of fabricated nobility are extremely effective methods of coercing the masses into sacrificing freedom for security. I think Voltaire put it quite eloquently when he said, "tyrants are active and ardent, and will devote themselves in the name of any number of gods, religious and otherwise, to put shackles upon sleeping men."

Happycat

It's a good idea growing your own food and all, but to imagine there will be a major crisis and food shortages in the world, do you think one will just be able to sit at home and enjoy their home grown potatoes while the rest of the world starved?
There will be major violence, people killing each other for food, can't bear thinking about it!

Nicole W.

It's a good idea growing your own food and all, but to imagine there will be a major crisis and food shortages in the world, do you think one will just be able to sit at home and enjoy their home grown potatoes while the rest of the world starved?
There will be major violence, people killing each other for food, can't bear thinking about it!
Oh, don’t worry, there will always be food, lol. Lab created, insect-based or whatever else these technocrats dream up, will always be available to “feed the world” and “help” mitigate human suffering.
Whether you’ll want to eat it or not is another matter. You can insulate yourself to a certain extent by growing your own food while decentralizing the current system. The more people who do this, the less power this agenda has over our health and well-being. Then you’re not at the mercy of someone deciding for you what you are going to eat.
It all depends on how self-reliant you want to be and whether you want to help others become self-reliant as well. That’s different for everyone.

AllThingsPeat

Oh, don’t worry, there will always be food, lol. Lab created, insect-based or whatever else these technocrats dream up, will always be available to “feed the world” and “help” mitigate human suffering.
Whether you’ll want to eat it or not is another matter. You can insulate yourself to a certain extent by growing your own food while decentralizing the current system. The more people who do this, the less power this agenda has over our health and well-being. Then you’re not at the mercy of someone deciding for you what you are going to eat.
It all depends on how self-reliant you want to be and whether you want to help others become self-reliant as well. That’s different for everyone.
Precisely—the Rockefeller Foundation will swoop in with their Reset the Table initiative long before everyone starves to death, effectively "saving us all" from the famine that they, in collaboration with the Federal Government, have created. They don't want to kill us all; they only want to kill some of us and feed the survivors food that's unfit for human consumption.

Perry Staltic

Have ya'll noticed the fake meat starting to show up more at the grocery stores? Slap full of delicious GMO soy and PUFAs.

Have ya'll noticed the fake meat starting to show up more at the grocery stores? Slap full of delicious GMO soy and PUFAs.
There are some fake eggs in the grocery store I go to, as well as fake meat burguers. Haven't noticed an increase in that recently, but I may have simply not paid attention to it.

Inaut

It’s good to stock up and have some food just in case but also remember... if famine comes to North America or wherever you live.... people will be willing to kill you for what you have... It would be a shame if you spent all these resources trying to safe guard your living situation, only to have somebody over power you and take what they want.
I think the best thing one can do is learn to hunt and own a gun. If you are forced to move from your residence, you won’t be able to carry around your food stuffs.

this sounds awful mad max-ish so I’m prepared to live and/or die however things happen. I will just look out for my family and fellow man and put my faith in God.

Cooperation over competition.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals