What Type Of Copper Supplement To Take ?

orewashin

Keep in mind zinc is a mineral with multiple functions in the body and is needed for stimulatory and inhibitory neurotransmitters. So it can make you more chill or more stimulated and more energy (via increased dopamine/histamine) depending on you and also what you take with it (thats why I was saying to take B6 and histidine with it, also dopamine precursors or dopamine boosting stacks can be good). Some people just get increased adrenaline from dopamine boosting stacks though so you have to see how they can affect you but because it is pro-adrenaline as well as raises dopamine (so raises all catecholamines) it can help with energy and motivation a lot.

Yeh oysters are considered aphrodisiacs partly because of zinc, but selenium and iron content as well.

Of course its going to make you alert! Histamine is in big part the awareness/wakefulness neurotransmitter, that literally makes you more awake and aware of the world around you. Every time you raise or lower neurotransmitters it can feel uncomfortable especially something like histamine which histidine will raise. When you are so used to wanting to do little and little alertness, all of sudden having it can feel off.
There's a lot of cadmium in zinc supplements, what are your thoughts about the bean-derived zinc or other forms of it?

I'm not convinced that supplementing histidine is safe. If I indeed lack brain histamine, then T3 would probably be the better bet. That being said, I'm curious how I would respond to histidine and I'll probably try it.

Is histamine the only topic you disagree about with RP and haidut?

redsun

There's a lot of cadmium in zinc supplements, what are your thoughts about the bean-derived zinc or other forms of it?

I'm not convinced that supplementing histidine is safe. If I indeed lack brain histamine, then T3 would probably be the better bet. That being said, I'm curious how I would respond to histidine and I'll probably try it.

Histidine is very safe but if you want to take T3 and get lots of histidine from foods thats completely doable and better long term though in the short term I said to try it to see how it affects you. Dont have to take it indefinitely. Red meats like pork and beef, certain cheeses (gouda) and most plant foods have high histidine:methionine ratio but some may also have a lot of copper in it too which can counter it (depends on the food).

Plant derived zinc supplements would be much less bioavailable as overall zinc is always most absorbable from animal products so plant derived zinc supplements is a waste of money in my opinion. Red meats, dairy, oysters and a little zinc from other foods here in there will help raise zinc levels. Ground beef is higher in zinc then steaks so you can eat less beef for more. Also has a lot of glycine as well.

Quite a few things I disagree with RP on. Dont want to derail the thread too hard.

Amazoniac

Can we see a reference that Copper(0) is superior to “Blue Copper.” ?

Or a reference that Copper(2) is dangerous?

(A reference not by the manufacturer of MitoSynergy).

I watched that video btw and it did not make any good argument for why Copper 2 can not be supplemented.

Also that “water absorption test” is stupid because blood is a plasma, not just water and there are things called chylomicrons which transport fat around, so the blood is slightly liquid, slightly oily and slightly proteinaceous. Not water.
Yeah, I find it confusing too.

Copper cycles in the body all the time, the intestinal cells should be able to reduce it just like the other cells in the body. Ingesting oxidized copper in dietary amounts shouldn't overwhelm such capacity. If it does, excess copper intake tends to recruit proteins that trap it in the intestine as protective measure anyway.

The justification may be that one state is preferable over the other, something analogous to the iron. However, I doubt that in the case of copper the body would make intestinal cells inefficient reducers as an exception, this could compromise how much copper can be utilized from diet; I keep coming across the information that most of the copper in the diet occurs in the oxidized state.

If the person can't cycle copper properly, it may not be limited to the intestine, it must be systemic. In this case, obtaining a (supposedly) more available copper could result in greater damage because instead of remaining outside the body and eliminated due to being in a state that can't be cycled, it's going to be absorbed and accumulate in the oxidized state somewhere in the body. Something is shady in their argument.

I also don't understand why niacin was favored over the traditional amino acids/peptides. Copper can dissociate and reassociate with desirable binders before the intestine export it, yet having the complex formed in advance might facilitate absorption.

Amazoniac

- Amino acid facilitates absorption of copper in the Caco-2 cell culture model

Abstract said:
Aim:
Copper deficiency could cause fatal hematological and neurological disorders or other diseases. Amino acids are involved in the absorption of copper ions. The purpose of this study is to evaluate the absorption of copper in amino acid complex forms and determine its mechanism in the Caco-2 cell culture model.

Main methods:
The human colonic adenocarcinoma cell line Caco-2 culture model was used to determine the permeability of copper ions in inorganic form (CuSO4) and the amino acid complex forms. Lysine and methionine, as well as carboplatin were used to determine the possible involvement of amino acid transporters or copper transporter 1 (CTR1).

Key findings:
The results showed that all of the amino acid complex forms facilitated copper absorption. The apparent permeabilities of copper ions in these complex forms were at least 7.6 fold higher than those in the CuSO4 form. The permeability rank order of copper in various amino acid complex forms was Cu-glutamate < Cu-lysine = Cu-aspartic acid = Cu methionine < Cu-arginine < Cu-(lysine/glutamate). Mechanistic studies revealed that the enhanced absorption of copper in copper amino acid complexes could be the result of enhanced uptake (as in Cu-methionine complex) or enhanced basolateral efflux (as in Cu-lysine complex). Copper transporter 1 (or CTR1) inhibitor carboplatin did not affect the absorption of copper in Cu-methionine complex, suggesting that the dominant pathway for copper amino acid complexes is not CTR1.

Significance:
Enhanced absorption of copper ions in amino acid complex appears to be mediated by amino acid transporters.

- Charles Louis Albartus Barker | Google Patents (one of them was posted elsewhere)

Blue Water

I haven't watched it recently, but if I recall, Charles is not saying copper 2 cant' be supplemented, just that it won't be utilized properly, with an increased risk of it being stored into tissues, re: copper toxicity. With this video, he doesn't site references, that I recall, you either trust his facts, or not. I couldn't find much in searches about copper 1 vs. copper 2, but it makes sense to me to go with the form found in food, not inorganic metals like chelated supplements or copper pipes, etc. I use beef liver for copper, and MitoSynergy on occasion, no real reason to get a chelated supplement when there are good forms readily available in food, and in MitoSynergy. Yes, MitoSynergy is expensive, but really, I don't think it is a necessary supplement if you are eating correctly, and not using copper antagonizing supplements like zinc, etc.
Is chocolate already in Cu (I)?

I have an issue raising my copper, I'm sure I get enough from diet but serum copper is low still. Ceruloplasmin is normal though and ferritin is actually somewhat low, but transferrin is high - 53%. So my guess is iron has something to do with my problem.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals