What To Eat With Shrimp

HDD

If the shrimp are wild and fresh, I like them boiled just until they start to float, followed by an ice bath. Then dip in lemon butter or cocktail sauce.

If they aren't fresh, I make a gumbo or creole. Shrimp tacos are also tasty.

I made this scampi tonight that was pretty good.
Shrimp Scampi - Damn Delicious

Blossom

Forum Supporter
If the shrimp are wild and fresh, I like them boiled just until they start to float, followed by an ice bath. Then dip in lemon butter or cocktail sauce.

If they aren't fresh, I make a gumbo or creole. Shrimp tacos are also tasty.

I made this scampi tonight that was pretty good.
Shrimp Scampi - Damn Delicious
Yum, I pinned this one.

Birdie

I'm going make a project this week! Will use some starch and make Mushroom Rice Pilaf with our shrimps.
Since I'm nightshade sensitive, no tomatoes, bell peppers or chili peppers for me.

Recipe will include butter, a little chopped bacon, a little sauted onions.
I need to cook the mushrooms ahead and then add them before cooking the rice mixture.
When I add the hot broth, it will have gelatin in it.

We usually have shrimp sauted in butter/co with a little broth and sherry or lemon j added.
First I add some gelatin to the broth.

Them shrimps are good any way. :kiss

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Birdie

Love.
Also, HDD that scampi looks great.

Birdie

BobbyDukes,
Working with your question about what to have with shrimp that isn't starch... For my pilaf accompaniment, I bought 1 lb of mushrooms to use. Then, I'm using 1/2 cup rice instead of the 1 1/2 cups the recipe calls for.

A mushroom pilaf without any rice would probably be tasty too. That's what I would usually do, but your question somehow made me start thinking of rice, so this is the compromise. A Mushroom Rice Pilaf heavy on the mushrooms.

I cooked the mushrooms this morning to give them plenty of time to be well cooked. We had some with our eggs.
Have added the sautéed rice to the pan.

Will cook the shrimps later. Thanks for your question which got me charged up. I was getting bored with shrimp.

Yes, I'm the cook y'all. (Husband did it all for our first 15 years.)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals