What To Eat With Shrimp

BobbyDukes

if you do no starch?

I currently eat shrimp (lighted fried in their own juices), a knob of butter (100g, roughly) and squeezed lemon (half of one). I melt two tablespoons of gelatin in there, just to add thicker texture. Washed down with a quart of OJ (squeezed myself).

Seems like an ok meal. What do others eat shrimp with? I am trying to make it a staple, and cut back on my red meat.

FredSonoma

if you do no starch?

I currently eat shrimp (lighted fried in their own juices), a knob of butter (100g, roughly) and squeezed lemon (half of one). I melt two tablespoons of gelatin in there, just to add thicker texture. Washed down with a quart of OJ (squeezed myself).

Seems like an ok meal. What do others eat shrimp with? I am trying to make it a staple, and cut back on my red meat.
I always eat it with at least butter and salt, sometimes also with cilantro, cheese, or tabasco sauce.

NathanK

Probably allergenic somehow, but I just boil, cool in ice, add salt and Old Bay, and then dip in butter. Tastes great and never gets old for me. Eat 1-2 pounds a week

Giraffe

tomato, cucumber, sometimes as salad with some feta cheese and a bit of lemon juice

A cold shrimp salad with cubed cucumbers, sweet red onion, tomatoes, fresh squeezed lime juice and chopped cilantro is delicious.

Or sautéed shrimp with colorful bell peppers, onions, garlic, mushrooms and asparagus.

I use Tajin sprinkled on a lot of different seafood dishes...it's dehydrated lime, red peppers and sea salt from Mexico. It's SO yummy on scallops, but equally good on a steak and cantaloup salad....mmm, my mouth is watering.:happy:

Gl;itch.e

I like a shrimp curry on rice once or twice a week. And definitely with OJ for extra mineral absorption powers! :):

OP
B

BobbyDukes

I always eat it with at least butter and salt, sometimes also with cilantro, cheese, or tabasco sauce.

Hmm. That's interesting. I considered cheese (grated) with shrimp, but for some reason I thought the combination wouldn't work. I have never tried Tabasco sauce. Thanks for the ideas.

tara

OP
B

BobbyDukes

A cold shrimp salad with cubed cucumbers, sweet red onion, tomatoes, fresh squeezed lime juice and chopped cilantro is delicious.

Or sautéed shrimp with colorful bell peppers, onions, garlic, mushrooms and asparagus.

I use Tajin sprinkled on a lot of different seafood dishes...it's dehydrated lime, red peppers and sea salt from Mexico. It's SO yummy on scallops, but equally good on a steak and cantaloup salad....mmm, my mouth is watering.:happy:

This is advanced chefery.

I want to try scallops. Expensive, though.

moss

Ha ha...me and Giraffe are on the same food wavelength.

Me too! My mouth is watering just thinking about those suggestions. I buy raw prawns, pan fry them in coconut oil with a load of garlic, chilli, lemon, lemon zest, parsley or coriander and serve with similar garnishes. Tasty, quick and easy to digest.
BP like the sound of tajin, I shall try with lime juice in lieu of lemons tonight as prawns are on the menu!

Nighteyes

I fry the shrimps in coconut oil and add them to a stew of creamed spinach with melted mozzarella and dollops of tomato/basil/cilantro sauce on top. Then I put a boiled egg in the middle and let the yolk melt over the whole shabam. On the side I have a glass of milk-coffee and for dessert sliced apple with orange juice

Makrosky

Nothing. Just plain good fresh shrimps in a very hot frying pan. A couple of minutes normally. Some good salt. Enjoy.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals