What to eat with ground beef?

@Rinse & rePeat please publish a cookbook so we can buy it.
You do know I have Ray Peat inspired recipe threads on this forum don’t you Irenaeus? I will link them below just in case you don’t…

Old Irenaeus

You do know I have Ray Peat inspired recipe threads on this forum don’t you Irenaeus? I will link them below just in case you don’t…

I will try some. Probably the ice cream first!

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
I made some of @TheCodez 's beef balls today using masa harina instead of wheat flour. The masa harina is kind of dry so I had to add more liquid. Next time I will use even more liquid and a higher fat content ground beef. Mine didn't look as good as @Old Irenaeus 's. Like @FrenchKiwi says they will be great to have when traveling.

Old Irenaeus

I made some of @TheCodez 's beef balls today using masa harina instead of wheat flour. The masa harina is kind of dry so I had to add more liquid. Next time I will use even more liquid and a higher fat content ground beef. Mine didn't look as good as @Old Irenaeus 's. Like @FrenchKiwi says they will be great to have when traveling.
Hey. Thanks for this idea. I have Masa harina that just been sitting in the pantry. I will have to try this. I'm going to go to Aldi to see if I can find the higher fat ground beef, as I used grass-fed last time, and that was probably too lean.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
Hey. Thanks for this idea. I have Masa harina that just been sitting in the pantry. I will have to try this. I'm going to go to Aldi to see if I can find the higher fat ground beef, as I used grass-fed last time, and that was probably too lean.
The masa harina is a good combo with the ground beef but like I said, it seemed kind of dry so I added more liquid half way through making the balls. But with higher fat in the ground beef it may not need too much more liquid.

FrenchKiwi

I have a 2 day travel from New Zealand to America on Monday and I am taking my beef balls so I don't have to eat any nasty airplane food

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
I have a 2 day travel from New Zealand to America on Monday and I am taking my beef balls so I don't have to eat any nasty airplane food
In the original movie, True Grit, John Wayne always carried corn dodgers with him to eat on the go. These beef balls are a step up since they have more protein. I hope your trip is good and there are no hang-ups along the way.

FrenchKiwi

In the original movie, True Grit, John Wayne always carried corn dodgers with him to eat on the go. These beef balls are a step up since they have more protein. I hope your trip is good and there are no hang-ups along the way.

FrenchKiwi

I hate to look up what a corn dodger was and that looks yummy! I just hope they don't confiscate my beef balls

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
They better not take your food. If they try, tell them you are on a restricted diet and the doctor told you to take them with you.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
It has been almost 20 years since I flew anywhere in the US and at that time if you wanted to actually eat you had to bring your own food. They weren't long flights but they were long enough that in the past a meal would have been served.

FrostedShores

Like casseroles? Layer of cooked ground beef, layer of mashed potatoes, layer of cheese - bake until cheese is melted/bubbly. You can do more layers, if you want, or even throw in a layer of cooked mushrooms.