What To Do With Ground Beef?

I_am

I understand that grass fed ground beef is a pretty solid choice, but it does require gelatin? May I ask which kind as far as the powdered kind? Which brand is best?

Also, does anyone know of Peat friendly recipes that aren't just ground beef with potatoes or carrots. I would like to use spices but again I've read where most have PUFA in them which is a really bummer since prior to peating I was an Indian food fanatic on my "cheat" days as a raw vegan. I was also a big intermittent faster of which I'm wondering if I have screwed up my metabolism because of it. Felt like a million bucks until I didn't. Got really boney and actually thought I looked older when it was proposed that it's an anti aging technique. This is off topic, but I do not want to end up putting on too much weight as I have a small frame and I really don't carry any extra very well, so somewhat low calorie recipes are what I'm looking for. However I'm still new to Peating and from what I gather it might not be about the calories as much as we are taught to believe.

Anyone have a ground beef recipe that works not only for them but the rest of their family. My son and husband are not picky, so I'm very fortunate there ;-)

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

whodathunkit

I like something I call "Taco Rice Mess".

1lb grassfed ground beef
Chili powder to taste
Red Pepper flakes to taste
Cayenne pepper to taste
Onion powder or onions to taste
Tiny bit of celery seed
Garlic powder or minced garlic to taste
Salt to taste
Water to desired amount
2-4 oz grassfed cheddar cheese
White rice in desired amount

Cook the ground beef in a large skillet with the garlic and salt until almost done.
Add other spices. Mix well. Continue cooking.
Add water in whatever amount you desire, as if you were making sloppy joes. After simmering a while it makes a sauce. You will be adding rice later, which soaks up the sauce, so it's up to you how much to use. I like mine really moist so I use more water.
Simmer for 20 minutes or so. Maybe more.
Add cheese, grated. Stir. Simmer a few more minutes.
Add rice in whatever amount you want.
Serve.

Looks like someone already ate it but is tasty comfort food and if you use the powders and have the rice ready ahead of time is super easy to make. Also stores well. Glass of OJ complements it well.

White rice makes it pretty much Peat compliant.

Peat thinks if you eat muscle meats without gelatin, the flood of those amino acids into the blood are anti-thyroid because you don't have gelatin/glycine at the same time. I think stewed meat cooked slow in water/broth consumed with some fiber is easier to digest than pan fried/seared.

There is also too much heme iron and phosphate in meats.

Last edited:

nikolabeacon

If you buy cuts from neck and shoulder area especially from older beef there is great amount of gelatin in it. When I cook some fillings with it they always form pretty firm jell after refrigeration. If you chose to avoid spices( or starch) than choice is very small.

schultz

Shepherds Pie is pretty good. You could put gelatin and spices in it.

OP
I_am

I_am

wow, thank you everyone! Very nice community here!

I am back on my desktop computer so I can post more frequently and at length now.

Good ideas. I did the hash and my husband and son loved it! At first they were like, what is this? Needless to say they were pretty surprised. :):

Excited to try more, they are the primary meat eaters in our house so it's nice to have Peat friendly options for them.

OP
I_am

I_am

I like something I call "Taco Rice Mess".

1lb grassfed ground beef
Chili powder to taste
Red Pepper flakes to taste
Cayenne pepper to taste
Onion powder or onions to taste
Tiny bit of celery seed
Garlic powder or minced garlic to taste
Salt to taste
Water to desired amount
2-4 oz grassfed cheddar cheese
White rice in desired amount

Cook the ground beef in a large skillet with the garlic and salt until almost done.
Add other spices. Mix well. Continue cooking.
Add water in whatever amount you desire, as if you were making sloppy joes. After simmering a while it makes a sauce. You will be adding rice later, which soaks up the sauce, so it's up to you how much to use. I like mine really moist so I use more water.
Simmer for 20 minutes or so. Maybe more.
Add cheese, grated. Stir. Simmer a few more minutes.
Add rice in whatever amount you want.
Serve.

Looks like someone already ate it but is tasty comfort food and if you use the powders and have the rice ready ahead of time is super easy to make. Also stores well. Glass of OJ complements it well.

White rice makes it pretty much Peat compliant.

Thanks for this, seems good for the dead of Winter in particular.

tara

I sometimes include one or more of: onion, garlic, capsicum, courgette, mushroom, tomato, parsley, occasionally a little cabbage or cauliflower or broccolli (well cooked). Some of those Peat would not recommend eating a lot of, and some of them may be best avoided if your personal gut flora gets messed up by them. Maybe a bit of tumeric and cinnamon now and then? With rice or potatoes.

OP
I_am

I_am

I sometimes include one or more of: onion, garlic, capsicum, courgette, mushroom, tomato, parsley, occasionally a little cabbage or cauliflower or broccolli (well cooked). Some of those Peat would not recommend eating a lot of, and some of them may be best avoided if your personal gut flora gets messed up by them. Maybe a bit of tumeric and cinnamon now and then? With rice or potatoes.

Yes, agreed!

whodathunkit

Thanks for this, seems good for the dead of Winter in particular
It's very comfort-y. And like Tara said you can add whatever you want to it. IMO more cheese never goes amiss unless calories are an issue. :D Plus like Westside said, some gelatin also, if desired.

OP
I_am

I_am

It's very comfort-y. And like Tara said you can add whatever you want to it. IMO more cheese never goes amiss unless calories are an issue. :D Plus like Westside said, some gelatin also, if desired.

Ha, yes I concur on more cheese :):

Birdie

Shepherds Pie is pretty good. You could put gelatin and spices in it.
Yes! And I keep stock, frozen in ice cube trays, in the freezer. Add a cube for gelatin and great flavor.

I like to put cottage cheese in mine for added calcium. It melts like cheese cheese.
Made one this week that had some rice in it and milk. Topped with grated cheese. Cottage cheese melted with the meat.
A big hit. My husband can't/won't drink milk but was fine with this.

Ideonaut

I understand that grass fed ground beef is a pretty solid choice, but it does require gelatin? May I ask which kind as far as the powdered kind? Which brand is best?

Also, does anyone know of Peat friendly recipes that aren't just ground beef with potatoes or carrots. I would like to use spices but again I've read where most have PUFA in them which is a really bummer since prior to peating I was an Indian food fanatic on my "cheat" days as a raw vegan. I was also a big intermittent faster of which I'm wondering if I have screwed up my metabolism because of it. Felt like a million bucks until I didn't. Got really boney and actually thought I looked older when it was proposed that it's an anti aging technique. This is off topic, but I do not want to end up putting on too much weight as I have a small frame and I really don't carry any extra very well, so somewhat low calorie recipes are what I'm looking for. However I'm still new to Peating and from what I gather it might not be about the calories as much as we are taught to believe.

Anyone have a ground beef recipe that works not only for them but the rest of their family. My son and husband are not picky, so I'm very fortunate there ;-)
One of my favorites is browning it, setting the meat aside and sauteeing onion, celery, and lots of beansprouts in the juices plus coconut oil, mixing the meat back in, eating over calrose rice with soy sauce.

shepherdgirl

Zucchini lasagna, using zucchini instead of noodles. You can slice zucchini lengthwise (not too thin. a mandolin is faster.) Cut out seed areas if you want, salt zucchini to sweat it and remove a lot of the water. Then layer like noodles in a lasagna. There are a lot of recipes online for it since it's primal.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals