What to do when nobody listens what you have to say?

LoryEl

This explains it I think. It's one of the most beautiful traits a person can have, being truly interested in others.

In turn, that affects how you're perceived by others.
I just realized earlier today when convincing a friend not to take the vaccine shot that i am using a method to ask questions. I am using the Socratic method. This is actually a method i learned while trying to help some of my junior colleagues develop their skills and helping them develop their thinking while assisting clients in our space to take the right decisions for their business. It is about questions, knowing the subject you talk about really well, assisting others to reach their conclusions but also being opened to debate and figuring out if there is a flaw in my own judgment or information. The line of questions i usually use is to understand there the other person is in their knowledge of the subject and sometimes help them even self asses their knowladge of the jubject and do like a "gap"assessment of where they are and where they need to be. If they figure this out they will figure out the right info and what they need to learn to get up to speed.
The method is quite well documented if you want to look into it and it was gold for me when i actually discovered it.
Another method is the 5 why. Like asking why 5 times i n a creative way cascading from one why to another until they raise their shoulder. If they know what they are talking about than it is time for me to learn from them. If they do not than they are opened to learning.
I will try to be present and figure out what else i do and works.

Last edited:

mrchibbs

I just realized earlier today when convincing a friend not to take the vacvine shot that i am using a method to ask questions. I am using the Socratic method. This is actually i method i learned while trying to help some of my junior colleagues develop their skills and helping them develop their thinking while assisting clints in our space to take the right decisions for their business. It is about questions, knowing the subject you talk about really well, assisting others to reach their conclusions but also being opened to debate and figuring out if there is a flaw in my own judgment or information. The method is quite well documented if you want to look into it and it was gold for me when i actually discovered it.

I know of the Socratic method! Socrates was probably making Athenians go nuts asking all these questions and making them question their beliefs.

It's a very good way to convince someone, because the only real way for someone to change their opinion is that they come to their own conclusions.

You must have enough knowledge to know which questions to ask though!

LoryEl

Yes i agree with knowing your stuff but i do not put pressure on myself. I was a very tense and demanding person for quite a while so i know when i say do not put pressure on oneself :) People in general love to talk and answer questions; they actually open up very easily if i first give them some background on myself and my experience and why i am curious. I am opened to asking a tone of questions even just to know better myself on subjects i do not completly master. I believe asking questions is a sign of smarts if you do it in a polite way and not in an aggressive way to prove the other is wrong. It also matters to be opened to learning which i am constantly doing because sometimes or even oftentimes i may be wrong. I think the older i am getting the more stuck i am in my ways. So asking questions for me now is this game of staying young and believing life is so amazing and i am just begining to discover more amazing stuff every day.
Even when i do not like the findings or i do not feel good about a debate or answers i am getting, it is a great opportunity go back to the drawing board and learn some more on the topic.
I love a good reason to learn and study some more:)