What to call Peat eating...

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I am keeping a list and when we think we have enough names I will start the poll.

List:

• Basic Peat Diet
  • Peat Eating
  • Ray Peat Diet
  • Basic Ray Peat Diet
  • Ray Peat Healing Diet
  • Peat Style Diet
  • Peatarian Diet
  • Peat Inspired Diet
  • Ray Peat Protocol
  • Ray Peat Diet Protocol
  • Peat Eating Plan
  • Peat's Approach to Nutrition

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Ark, I have added it to the list. Thank you. :thumbup:

Rem

I like to call it in various ways... Peat Style or à la Ray Peat are probably my favorite though

Concerning the "protocol", Peat himself states :

"Since the contextuality of communication is always in the foreground when I talk or write, you know that someone is confusing me with an authority when they talk about my "protocol" for something. Context is everything, and it's individual and empirical."

Concerning the word "diet", it comes from the latin "dieta" which means "art de vivre" in french... something like "way of life" ? So for me it's accurate, but I understand it's not optimal as far as communication is concerned.

mandarina

I think "Ray Peat Healing Diet" sounds the best for the matter. We are all here trying to figure out the best way of life and to heal our bodies that's being damaged one way or another by the wrong way of life. Just an opinion of a person who's still searching :cool:

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Mandarina, welcome to the forum! It's great to see you posting!. :wave:

I truly believe eating this way will bring healing. Just not sure we should attach the healing name to it even though it was my idea to try and call it that. Only reason I say this is because of an issue narouz brought up earlier. :crazy:

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Oh and I will add. I am hoping that my search is over for the correct health "protocol". Ray Peat understands that if you supply the correct energy all the way down to the cellular level, everything from there working up and out will remedy itself. No other "diet" goes for this. Weight loss is the focus on other plans and weight is not a total indicator of health. Health is the focus here. Many practitioners have been using this diet to help people for a long time. And have lab results to back up the progress. This is a different kind of diet, like nothing out there, that will get you the results of true health. Health is a slow process, it just doesn't happen overnight. It took a long time to get into the hole of not being healthy, and it takes some time to get yourself out of there. So, be patient. But I do feel the Peat way is the right way. And if I find out different, I will be the first to admit I was wrong. :mrgreen:

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
List updated.

Birdie

Charlie said:
I am keeping a list and when we think we have enough names I will start the poll.

List:

• Basic Peat Diet
  • Peat Eating
  • Ray Peat Diet
  • Basic Ray Peat Diet
  • Ray Peat Healing Diet
  • Peat Style Diet
  • Peatarian Diet
  • Peat Inspired Diet
  • Ray Peat Protocol
  • Ray Peat Diet Protocol
  • Peat Eating Plan
  • Peat's Approach to Nutrition

I think I like Peat's Approach.... without adding to Nutrition. I always get tongue tied and sometimes it stops my thinking when I am writing and come to... RP's way... ??? what shall I call it... Soon, forgot whatever my point was at all. I'm going to try "Peat's approach."

Sometimes it seems more accurate for me to say, "Peat's research." For me, it's when I started "looking at Peat's research." Then, applying what seems appropriate and changing it from time to time. My own plan evolves as I learn and experiment.

Birdie

Not for me.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Sugar club? :mrgreen: :lol:

Birdie

That's possible.