What these results from no milk means?

Uselis

Fairly recently I accidentally had 3 week stretch of not drinking milk after having 2-4l daily for the past decade.

I got shredded, much sharper cognitively, irritable and stress/cold intolerant lol. I also experienced more energy but in erratic way. I would say overall I was much more active engaging socially. Ever since I restarted milk my attitude change to one of doing only what is neccessary and situationally requiring only. My creativity took a dive also. Yet I am much more relaxed but I wonder is it due calcium or opiates.

I though I would share this and maybe somebody would offer hormonal explanation for these changes.

TL;DR Quit milk, felt younger but less stress resilient.

redsun

Fairly recently I accidentally had 3 week stretch of not drinking milk after having 2-4l daily for the past decade.

I got shredded, much sharper cognitively, irritable and stress/cold intolerant lol. I also experienced more energy but in erratic way. I would say overall I was much more active engaging socially. Ever since I restarted milk my attitude change to one of doing only what is neccessary and situationally requiring only. My creativity took a dive also. Yet I am much more relaxed but I wonder is it due calcium or opiates.

I though I would share this and maybe somebody would offer hormonal explanation for these changes.

TL;DR Quit milk, felt younger but less stress resilient.
This is because you are consuming a very large amount of calcium. So what happens is you have a constant influx of calcium absorbing into your circulation which is transiently blocking sodium channel activity. Sodium is excitatory (through glutamate mainly which uses sodium channels) so calcium blocks this, slowing nerve activity.

Too much calcium intake will cause you to slow down mentally and physically. Too little calcium intake and your nerves will become hyperexcitable. So your mental speed will be fast and fatigue will be reduced but you will also react more to stress in general for the same reason.

I do think the hormones and opiates in milk could have negatively affected your hormones as well so stopping it made you leaner. Glutamate activity would also be higher which would increase sex hormone secretion because calcium is not blocking it as much.

This is why you should not have too much or too little calcium. I think the sweet spot is no more than 2-3 servings of dairy a day. Eventually if you went a long time with little calcium being absorbed your stress tolerance would get worse and worse and you would be in a constant fight or flight like state.

Last edited:
OP
U

Uselis

This is because you are consuming a very large amount of calcium. So what happens is you have a constant influx of calcium absorbing into your circulation which is transiently blocking sodium channel activity. Sodium is excitatory (through glutamate mainly which uses sodium channels) so calcium blocks this, slowing nerve activity.

Too much calcium intake will cause you to slow down mentally and physically. Too little calcium intake and your nerves will become hyperexcitable. So your mental speed will be fast and fatigue will be reduced but you will also react more to stress in general for the same reason.

I do think the hormones and opiates in milk could have negatively affected your hormones as well so stopping it made you leaner. Glutamate activity would also be higher which would increase sex hormone secretion because calcium is not blocking it as much.

This is why you should not have too much or too little calcium. I think the sweet spot is no more than 2-3 servings of dairy a day. Eventually if you went a long time with little calcium being absorbed your stress tolerance would get worse and worse and you would be in a constant fight or flight like state.
Thanks for such lengthy response. Makes sense what you wrote. I always thought 2l is kind of a minimum in Peatosphere lol.

Is averaged size cup if milk could be considered as serving? I use a butter now but it has almost no calcium.

redsun

Thanks for such lengthy response. Makes sense what you wrote. I always thought 2l is kind of a minimum in Peatosphere lol.

Is averaged size cup if milk could be considered as serving? I use a butter now but it has almost no calcium.
So much calcium in the long term is not good. You need some of course, but it just doesn't make sense if we understand that too much calcium intake for a long time really slows our nerves down and thus can contribute to fatigue and cognitive impairment and low sex hormone production (because our excitatory neurotransmission is blocked excessively). This does make calcium beneficial for those with anxiety, panic, mania, and other disorders related to overexcitation however.

One cup of milk is considered a serving. An actual physical cup is not always an actual measured cup. So if you want to know much a cup of milk looks in for the cups you use, I would measure it once.

Last edited:
OP
U

Uselis

So much calcium in the long term is not good. You need some of course, but it just doesn't make sense if we understand that too much calcium intake for a long time really slows our nerves down and thus can contribute to fatigue and cognitive impairment and low sex hormone production (because our excitatory neurotransmission is blocked excessively). This does make calcium beneficial for those with anxiety, panic, mania, and other disorders related to overexcitation however.

One cup of milk is considered a serving. An actual physical cup is not always an actual measured cup. So if you want to know much a cup of milk looks in for the cups you use, I would measure it once.
Could high milk consumption explain my coffee addiction? I feel almost instantenous urge to have a cup of black coffee after 2-3 cups of milk.

Btw when I stopped milk I started to binge on commercial ice cream which probably showed calcium craving since I don't even think about ice cream when I do drink milk.

I think I will stay at 1 liter a day. Thats like 2.5 cups. If my activity increases I will ramp up milk. I found it is by far best food dealing with physicall stress.

Thank you

OP
U

Uselis

Let me guess. Not raw milk?
Guesses correctly ? In my experience raw is overrated. It tastes better though.

During my milk obsession I tried at least 5 different cows milk sources from local farmers. Pasture grazing, living far from road. I even sourced goats milk from a old forest ranger who lived close to woods. Nothing but highest quality yet none of those made me feel as good as cheap pasteurized shop milk which most consider junk.

SamYo123

Same but i become less stressed and capable of cold temps more, since milk makes me cold n slow

redsun

Could high milk consumption explain my coffee addiction? I feel almost instantenous urge to have a cup of black coffee after 2-3 cups of milk.

Btw when I stopped milk I started to binge on commercial ice cream which probably showed calcium craving since I don't even think about ice cream when I do drink milk.

I think I will stay at 1 liter a day. Thats like 2.5 cups. If my activity increases I will ramp up milk. I found it is by far best food dealing with physicall stress.

Thank you
Those who feel understimulated tend to be dependent on stimulants so yes. You could be drawn to increasing caffeine intake because of so much calcium.

GodsHound

I have had a similar experience. Milk makes me nice and warm and calm but also a little sedated and less motivated. Coffee always helps but when I stop drinking milk, I notice a heightened sense of speed and a clarity which I very much enjoy. I'm talking about standard A1 pasteurised, homogenised cows milk. Did you notice a difference when switching to goats milk? I have heard compelling arguments which favour the protein profile of A2 goats milk over A1 cows milk - regarding opioide casomorphins and other less desirable peptides found in standard A1 dairy, which could induce a sedative effect.

P

Peatness

Would increasing sodium intake solve this problem? I read this today and thought of this post

The short-term blood pressure lowering effect of nifedipine appears to be enhanced when sodium intake is increased.

OP
U

Uselis

I have had a similar experience. Milk makes me nice and warm and calm but also a little sedated and less motivated. Coffee always helps but when I stop drinking milk, I notice a heightened sense of speed and a clarity which I very much enjoy. I'm talking about standard A1 pasteurised, homogenised cows milk. Did you notice a difference when switching to goats milk? I have heard compelling arguments which favour the protein profile of A2 goats milk over A1 cows milk - regarding opioide casomorphins and other less desirable peptides found in standard A1 dairy, which could induce a seda

tive effect.

I have had a similar experience. Milk makes me nice and warm and calm but also a little sedated and less motivated. Coffee always helps but when I stop drinking milk, I notice a heightened sense of speed and a clarity which I very much enjoy. I'm talking about standard A1 pasteurised, homogenised cows milk. Did you notice a difference when switching to goats milk? I have heard compelling arguments which favour the protein profile of A2 goats milk over A1 cows milk - regarding opioide casomorphins and other less desirable peptides found in standard A1 dairy, which could induce a sedative effect.
No, just made more aggressive lol. In my experience high quality dairy makes me wanna act urgently on "fixing" my personal life practical matters, being more assertive but borderline A-hole.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom