What suppresses TSH more powerfully? T4 or T3?

magnesiumania

Not sure, id opt for some retinol/vitamin A, i dont think you need anything else to bring down an elevated TSH

sunny

I am going to say T4. Dr. Peat has talked about in interviews that even if someone is only given synthroid (T4) by their doctor, that would at least serve to reduce the TSH, which is inflammatory by itself in the body. T4 has a 2 week half-life. T3 has a 12 hour half life. Bioenergetic Search

Last edited:
K

Kayaker

I am going to say T4. Dr. Peat has talked about in interviews that even if someone is only given synthroid (T4) by their doctor, that would at least serve to reduce the TSH, which is inflammatory by itself in the body. T4 has a 2 week half-life. T3 has a 12 hour half life. Bioenergetic Search
Most sources say 24 to 36 hours.

sunny

"Since T3 has a short half life, it should be taken frequently. If the liver isn't producing a noticeable amount of T3, it is usually helpful to take a few micorgrams per hour. Since it restores respiration and metabolic efficiency very quickly, it isn't usually necessary to take it every hour or two, but until normal temperature and pulse have been achieved and stabilized, sometimes it's necessary to take it four or more times during the day. T4 acts by being changed to T3, so it tends to accumulate in the body, and on a given dose, usually reaches a steady concentration after about two weeks." Thyroid: Therapies, Confusion, and Fraud

Minute 32. "T3 has 12 hour to one day half life." Bioenergetic Search

Last edited:

A.R

Not sure, id opt for some retinol/vitamin A, i dont think you need anything else to bring down an elevated TSH
It’s interesting you say this about vitamin A. I can remember reading that Vitamin A messes with thyroid hormone? Or maybe I’m not understanding the correlation properly? I would appreciate if you could explain bit more.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals