What supplement best for estrogen clearance

Nfinkelstein

I'm trying to help someone who I think has trouble clearing estrogen. Is there a single remedy/supplement I can recommend to her?

keytothecity

carrot salad is probably the single most effective thing that doesnt have sides

optimizing diet addresses the root issue. i suggest lots of raw veggies and fruit

brainfog

"Protein deficiency itself contributes to the harm done by toxins, since the liver’s ability to detoxify them depends on adequate nutrition, especially good protein. In the 1940s, Biskind’s experiments showed that protein deficiency leads to the accumulation of estrogen, because the liver normally inactivates all the estrogen in the blood as it passes through the liver."

OP
Nfinkelstein

Nfinkelstein

optimizing diet addresses the root issue. i suggest lots of raw veggies and fruit
this is brilliant thank you she prefers food over pills

OP
Nfinkelstein

Nfinkelstein

"Protein deficiency itself contributes to the harm done by toxins, since the liver’s ability to detoxify them depends on adequate nutrition, especially good protein. In the 1940s, Biskind’s experiments showed that protein deficiency leads to the accumulation of estrogen, because the liver normally inactivates all the estrogen in the blood as it passes through the liver."
very good, this makes sense, I should be able to boost her protein with some changes to diet

ddjd

b1 and b2r5p absolutely essential for estrogen clearance - i would be supplementing these way before thinking about vitamin e

b6p5p and b12 would be of extra benefit short term but not so peaty

mostlylurking

Avoid PUFA like the plague. Drink orange juice, a quart at least a day. Carrot salad every day. Suspect hypothyroidism; high estrogen slows thyroid function and slowed thyroid function causes high estrogen. The liver clears estrogen; feed the liver enough (100grams/day +) good quality protein (not muscle meat). Take aspirin to help clear estrogen. Increased inflammation increases estrogen; a B1 deficiency can be the cause of both inflammation and elevated estrogen, but high estrogen increases inflammation too.

Progesterone (Progest-E) will clear the estrogen. This isn't food but it is the most important if the person is progesterone deficient.

hierundjetzt

Not really true. If I eat the carrot salad, my nose clogs up 100% to the point I have to mouth breathing for a couple of days.

keytothecity

Not really true. If I eat the carrot salad, my nose clogs up 100% to the point I have to mouth breathing for a couple of days.
probably allergic reaction to the coco oil

i should have clarified: coco salad without oil dressing. vinegar is okay but not necessary

processed oils are a meme, sfa or not

hierundjetzt

probably allergic reaction to the coco oil

i should have clarified: coco salad without oil dressing. vinegar is okay but not necessary

processed oils are a meme, sfa or not
Actually I haven't noticed to be allergic to coconut oil...anyway I was using olive oil (I live in Italy).

B

Blaze

Several possibilities for that reaction.
1. You could be reacting to one of the ingredients in your carrot salad. Try eating just raw carrots instead to see what happens.

2. You could have an allergenic response to the carrots themselves. (very uncommon- but when this is happening many people have a reaction to raw carrots only but can eat well cooked carrots with absolutely no allergenic response)

3. Carrots live in the soil and as such ,must be able to survive pathogens and microbes in that environment. When you eat them raw, that same antibacterial / antimicrobial ability that lets carrots survive in the soil can kill off your bad gut bacteria. When the gut bacteria die-they can release endotoxins which could make you react as described. You may feel worse at first eating raw carrots until the bad bacteria have been greatly reduced. There is almost always an initial adverse reaction when you kill an unwanted bacteria in your body. But, this should improve over time if you consume carrot regularly.

Last edited by a moderator:

hierundjetzt

Several possibilities for that reaction.
1. You could be reacting to one of the ingredients in your carrot salad. Try eating just raw carrots instead to see what happens.

2. You could have an allergenic response to the carrots themselves. (very uncommon- but when this is happening many people have a reaction to raw carrots only but can eat well cooked carrots with absolutely no allergenic response)

3. Carrots live in the soil and as such ,must be able to survive pathogens and microbes in that environment. When you eat them raw, that same antibacterial / antimicrobial ability that lets carrots survive in the soil can kill off your bad gut bacteria. When the gut bacteria die-they can release endotoxins which could make you react as described. You may feel worse at first eating raw carrots until the bad bacteria have been greatly reduced. There is almost always an initial adverse reaction when you kill an unwanted bacteria in your body. But, this should improve over time if you consume carrot regularly.
Thank you very much for those insights.
Indeed I can eat cooked carrots no problem, raw carrots on the other hand are problematic. Starting tomorrow I will try the raw carrot salad again to see if over time the reaction lessens. You could be perfectly right that I am just experiencing a die off reaction from the bad bacteria. Thanks again!
PS: if successful I will come back to report.

B

Blaze

Thank you very much for those insights.
Indeed I can eat cooked carrots no problem, raw carrots on the other hand are problematic. Starting tomorrow I will try the raw carrot salad again to see if over time the reaction lessens. You could be perfectly right that I am just experiencing a die off reaction from the bad bacteria. Thanks again!
PS: if successful I will come back to report.
You're welcome, and yes, try a little carrot at least every other day for a month and then please let us all know how that goes for you.

T

TheBeard

Avoid PUFA like the plague. Drink orange juice, a quart at least a day. Carrot salad every day. Suspect hypothyroidism; high estrogen slows thyroid function and slowed thyroid function causes high estrogen. The liver clears estrogen; feed the liver enough (100grams/day +) good quality protein (not muscle meat). Take aspirin to help clear estrogen. Increased inflammation increases estrogen; a B1 deficiency can be the cause of both inflammation and elevated estrogen, but high estrogen increases inflammation too.

Progesterone (Progest-E) will clear the estrogen. This isn't food but it is the most important if the person is progesterone deficient.

Makes you realize how difficult it can be to extract yourself from a vicious circle if you don't have the right tools.

mostlylurking

Makes you realize how difficult it can be to extract yourself from a vicious circle if you don't have the right tools.
I lived that vicious cycle for about 40 years. The doctors just loved me (ker-ching!). Then I found Ray Peat and got healthier. The medical industry and the government are not interested in having an intelligent healthy population; it is harder to control and not nearly as lucrative.