What Stimulates DHT Production?

An environment of competition will make it rise, no? And female hormones can synchronize as well...

haidut

Forum Supporter
Would love to know.

Many things stimulate DHT production, including stress (as a defensive reaction).
DHT production depends on stress

But I would not rely on stress to raise DHT for obvious reasons. Eventually it will turn against you once DHEA gets depleted. Endogenously, DHEA is a stimulator of 5-AR and this explains its preferential conversion into DHT. DHT itsels stimulates its own production via 5-AR.
DHT Stimulates Its Own Synthesis

So, perhaps the only right way (without supplementation) to stimulate DHT production is through resistance training and ensuring your DHEA levels are sufficient to support the DHT synthesis as a result of the muscle stimulation. Other than that, taking small doses of DHEA is probably the most direct (read: easy) way as it provides both a required DHT precursor, and it is also a stimulator of the relevant enzymes for DHT synthesis. A recent study on prostate cancer came out and showed that DHEA can convert into DHT via some alternative pathways NOT going through the testosterone intermediate step. So, the stuff (DHEA) really likes to "actualize its potential" (as Ray would say) and become DHT more than anything else:):
Many other substances can stimulate 5-AR, which MAY increase DHT synthesis but I still think the small doses DHEA is your best bet. Glycine, niacinamide, pregnenolone, and maybe even progesterone stimulate 5-AR and MAY also lead to higher levels of DHT. Keep in mind that DHT is a paracrine steroid - i.e. it gets synthesized in the tissues where it is needed and as such blood levels of DHT are rarely a good indicator of tissue DHT. Very similar to the situation with estrogen, as Ray wrote. In order to get an idea of DHT tissue levels you have to measure blood levels of DHT metabolites, which include andstenedione glucuronide (ADG), and some 3-b and 5-a steroids as well. Perhaps the best indicator of systemic DHT levels is the anogenital distance - i.e the bigger it is the more DHT you are under the influence of.

Area-1255

Haidut we may have to enter into a "War of the Wits" contest soon as we are both hormone geniuses. :D

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals