What Should Be The Minimal Daily Intake Of Vitamin C ?

DMF

Am I getting enough vitamin C if I drink one 8 ounce glass of grapefruit juice once a day ? It gives 100-125% vitamin C as the label reads -
I realize individuals have their personal requirements/needs but I hardly get any as it stands and my health isn't so great even though I get plenty of other nutrients from a fairly better than average diet.

olive

I’m sure that’s sufficient if you don’t smoke. However why grapefruit juice? It’s estrogenic by inhibiting the liver from detox pathways. Also may increase cortisol.

And also why no fruits? Pineapple and kiwi fruit are great sources of vitamin C.

tara

If health isn't good, then there may be rebuilding to do. Rebuilding requires vit C. I'm not clear how much is really needed, but I'm not confident that minimum daily intakes are optimal.
In addition to pineapple and kiwifruit, fresh ripe oranges and blackcurrants are also rich sources.

OP
D

DMF

Orange juice too sweet - prefer grapefruit, though didn't know it inhibited liver from detoxifying. Should I give that up too?
Now, how about rose-hip bulbs I get at whole Foods bulk section. Are they not loaded with vitamin c - if eaten raw?
Much of the fruit today tastes (and sometimes looks) too sweet, artificial - GMO .
Berries , grapes freakishly too big.