What Red Light To Get? Help Appreciated

Kibs

Hey guys, looking to use a red light for scalp and skin benifits and any overall health benifits it brings.
Confused with what I should be looking for, it's all new to me. Can anyone tell me what specs or type I should be looking for. Seen vids on YouTube were folk are using the cheap red light panels with success but would rather have you guys chime in.

I'm in the uk but if anyone reccomend anything I can search here or even ship from the US if possible.
thanks guys/gals.

artlange

I found that the 845nm security camera flood lights to be very economical (~$15) way to experiment. I bought them from Amazon. Mine contained over 40 LEDs and run on 12 VDC. Moving these around the head for several minutes while reading or doing other sedentary activities seem to help. the price is right if you want to do an experiment to see what effects you might have. My hair changed color from gray to brown, but I also did lots of other things, including donating blood to reduce my iron load, so I can't say the 845nm light caused my hair to change c9lor. I also have 2ea. 250w heat/flood lamps on a dimmer above my head, since I spend a lot of time inside, in front of my computer.

paymanz

To my knowledge , in ray's opinion heat lamps are the best.

But other than that , any led light that looks red, or is infrared is good, in my opinion.

I don't give too much attention(to wavelengths) as long as its red, but I might be wrong!

artlange

To my knowledge , in ray's opinion heat lamps are the best.

But other than that , any led light that looks red, or is infrared is good, in my opinion.

I don't give too much attention(to wavelengths) as long as its red, but I might be wrong!
there is a lot of research with different wavelengths. since the skin, flesh and bones each absorb different wavelengths, sone wavelengths are preferred to irradiate deep tissues. Additionally there are wavelength sensitivitied of the targets of the irradiation. Some wavelengths are better than others. An example of different wavelengths used is in this paper.
Review of transcranial photobiomodulation for major depressive disorder: targeting brain metabolism, inflammation, oxidative stress, and neurogenesis

this web site has numerous papers discussion photobiomodulation for many different conditions.
http://vielight.com/references/
I do not know what physiological differences there are between a steady light and a flashing light. Photobiomodulation uses a flashing light. The low cost LED illuminators use steady (non-flashing) lights.

OP
K

Kibs

Honestly guys such great info, thinking of getting a red light man mini 670 and a cheap led panel as it's very cheap and just to experiment.

cyclops

Is there a recommendation for red LED light bulbs? I thought LEDs were bad for some reason, but I have some light fixtures that only take LEDS; I'd like to get the healthiest ones.

johnwester130

Thanks, I've seen these types of lights before. Unfortunately my LED fixture only takes standard size light bulbs, like the regular smaller ones. I'll have to keep my eye out for an infrared version of those. I'm not seeing any right now.

infrared lamp stand on ebay will fit it

lampofred

i don't think it matters whether the color is red. it's just that the spectrum of light emitted from the bulb needs to have a lot of lower wave lengths.

Dr. Peat recommends a 130 V incandescent heat lamp running at 120 V to increase the reds in the incandescent spectrum and lower the blues

cyclops

infrared lamp stand on ebay will fit it

Yea, I may get something like that for the heat lamps I already got, they are kind of a pain to hang.

But, I ideally I'd like to put some good lights in my ceiling fan fixture, so I can just flip on the light switch and have good lighting that way too. It only takes standard size LEDs though.

johnwester130

i don't think it matters whether the color is red. it's just that the spectrum of light emitted from the bulb needs to have a lot of lower wave lengths.

Dr. Peat recommends a 130 V incandescent heat lamp running at 120 V to increase the reds in the incandescent spectrum and lower the blues

Peat had said the red tinted ones are inferior and have less infrared waves

paymanz

Yea, I may get something like that for the heat lamps I already got, they are kind of a pain to hang.

But, I ideally I'd like to put some good lights in my ceiling fan fixture, so I can just flip on the light switch and have good lighting that way too. It only takes standard size LEDs though.
There is no problem with led , it depends on color, for room lighting the ones that looks mor yellow are better than white/bluish ones.

cyclops

There is no problem with led , it depends on color, for room lighting the ones that looks mor yellow are better than white/bluish ones.

They must be significantly worse than incandescents, no? Many seem worried that they are doing away with incandescents and will be forced to use LEDs.

bromuda

I use both a 660nm LED light and a heat lamp, I'm unsure of the wavelength but it's more to the orange-red spectrum so probably around 800-900. Personally I have the heat lamp on all day whether that is pointing at me or in the background, I find it very relaxing. Also the LED light is suppose to be good for increasing testosterone if aiming at the testis.