What Raises/Lowers Serum Calcium?

lampofred

I only have a very general idea, so I was wondering if anyone (maybe @Hans or @haidut ) had more in-depth knowledge...

Raises:
PUFA
Estrogen
Hyperventilation

Lowers:
Vitamin A
Vitamin K

Raises acutely but lowers chronically:
Calcium
Vitamin D

Hans

Forum Supporter
I only have a very general idea, so I was wondering if anyone (maybe @Hans or @haidut ) had more in-depth knowledge...

Raises:
PUFA
Estrogen
Hyperventilation

Lowers:
Vitamin A
Vitamin K

Raises acutely but lowers chronically:
Calcium
Vitamin D
Prolactin can also greatly increase calcium. Maybe PTH too in severe cases.

Jessie

I think vitamin D3 and dietary calcium actually lower serum calcium. Perhaps more specifically, a balanced ratio of dietary calcium in relation to phosphate along with adequate D3 will lower serum calcium. It's when phosphate gets too high in proportion with calcium. This is very common as well, considering most of the world is either eating a grain based diet or a meat based diet. Both of which is high in phosphate and low in calcium.

I think vitamin D3 and dietary calcium actually lower serum calcium. Perhaps more specifically, a balanced ratio of dietary calcium in relation to phosphate along with adequate D3 will lower serum calcium. It's when phosphate gets too high in proportion with calcium. This is very common as well, considering most of the world is either eating a grain based diet or a meat based diet. Both of which is high in phosphate and low in calcium.

The Benefit for lowering action is U shaped. Too low and too high VD and Ca consumtion raises serum Ca.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals