What physical labourious outside jobs are there?

Dutchie

Hey everyone,

I'm struggling on the lowest social security income for more than 2years now and it's really driving me nuts&depressing me that I just can't get a job bc I lack the proper education. I'm trying all kinds of stuff but not really getting anywhere.
I basically would lve to have a physical active/laborious job preferrably outside and all I can think of is construction and gardening sector of which I wrote to all companies in my living area already.

Do you guys know more or maybe even work a different job that fits 'my wishes'?

In 'the perfect world' I'd be interested to do courses at the CHEK institute and maybe some additional exercise courses to become a nutrition&exercise councellor,since most CHEKpractitioners are kinda Peatinspired, start my own services and move to a warm sunny place,live at or near the beach and learn how to surf and do other fun stuff......leave all this ***t,my past&demons behind.
So,if anyone knows a way how to obtain a couple thousand dollars fast,in a non-criminal way, I'm all ears!

Jenn

There's also a deliver driver, like UPS...the up and down out of the truck is good for the lymph system. A surveyor, various kinds, in a city, it would be someone who can handle the small spaces of a manhole. A waitress at an outdoor restaurant. A Ren Faire roadie. A home improvement store in the garden section.

HDD

If you like children, child care worker. Summer programs for children usually need help. Home health care worker, not outside, but can be strenuous.

OP
D

Dutchie

Thanx 4 the suggestions,but im not really into entertaining kids or health care. Besides thT you need a 4year completed study for that over here and thats my problem i cant afford to do another study.

As for delivery,you need a speial license for that and ot still entails. a lot of sitting. As for working in retail which is also inside and not thT physically tough. I have worked in retail in the past but am now already considered too oldfor it.
Ive imformed at a compamy of bikemessengers and maildilevery but theyre not hiring anyone amymore and its not fulltime,which i financially need to get out of the wellfare

4peatssake

Here's a few off the top of my head.

1. Clean houses or offices, or both - you could start your own business or join an existing crew.
2. Painter - same thing, on your own if you know what you're doing, or join and train with an existing crew.
3. Dog walker
4. Dog trainer - not sure about where you live but some pet stores train hire dog trainers.
5. Crossing guard - don't think this pays very well but could be a start.
6. City maintenance worker - pick up litter, road sweeper etc.
7. Postal worker
8. Check out volunteer work, they sometimes can turn into paid positions
9. Check local college/job center programs for those on welfare. There are usually programs to help get someone back to work.
10. Office mail delivery position. Runners for companies.

Maybe ask friends and family to be on the lookout for you as well.

Good luck!

OP
D

Dutchie

4peatssake said:
Here's a few off the top of my head.

1. Clean houses or offices, or both - you could start your own business or join an existing crew.
2. Painter - same thing, on your own if you know what you're doing, or join and train with an existing crew.
3. Dog walker
4. Dog trainer - not sure about where you live but some pet stores train hire dog trainers.
5. Crossing guard - don't think this pays very well but could be a start.
6. City maintenance worker - pick up litter, road sweeper etc.
7. Postal worker
8. Check out volunteer work, they sometimes can turn into paid positions
9. Check local college/job center programs for those on welfare. There are usually programs to help get someone back to work.
10. Office mail delivery position. Runners for companies.

Maybe ask friends and family to be on the lookout for you as well.

Good luck!

Thanx for the advice. I'm doing voluntary work for 2years now already...at first it gives satisfaction but after so many years it doesn't anymore.
Unfortunately things aren't that great in my city.....my welfare counsellors are the ones yelling the hardest that I need re-schooling and when I say I agree and present them with something they hide themselves behind the fact 'that they have no extra money anymore to provide/pay for re-schooling'.
I know some of those jobs are easier to get or even exist on a larger scale in the US,but it's not the same over here unfortunately. Lots of unemployed people thus also people with the rigth schooling/certificates and skills. I've applied at every firm in my county,I even say I'm willing to move house etc.

OP
D

Dutchie

Allrigth...today I got a mail from a gardening company stating that due to my recent jobapplication letter I'd sent them,they wanted to invite me for a meeting coming Wednesday morning.
So,fingers crossed they migth have/offer a job for me!

HDD

:partydance Woo Hoo!! That's great, Dutchie! Hope it goes well!

Attachments

• me.png
    me.png
    108.7 KB · Views: 50
  • me2.png
    me2.png
    92.9 KB · Views: 47
OP
D

Dutchie

Haagendazendiane said:
:partydance Woo Hoo!! That's great, Dutchie! Hope it goes well!

Thanx Diane,the jobinterview was this morning and basically I can start Monday. It is however on payroll-terms for an unknown period so the company,as well as me,can immediately quit the contract. So I really really want&need to succeed at this job so they'll be inclined to employ me permanently within the company.

But...apart from worries about totally failing again,I'm really worrying as to what to take to eat with me.Since it's quite hard;needs to have the rigth sodium/potassium balance,complete range of vitamins&minerals especially iron and give energy&strength to be able to lift stuff and do other possible laborious tasks. So,I can't have stuff that's really taking a lot digestionwise,but fluids/juices don't really fill me up...but ofcourse I don't have to tell all of you that;)

It's gonna be actually quite a challenge to get a normal eating pattern for that matter
What do you all take to work or college?....or do most of you are working from home and thus be able to prepare whatever,whenever?

Jenn

On my blog, in the ingredients section, click on To-Go Food for stuff I travel with. Invest in a cooler or wrap your lunch in a jacket or something. I have a blanket I keep in my car. In winter I wrap my legs in it, in summer I wrap my food in it, very insulating.

OP
D

Dutchie

Jenn said:
On my blog, in the ingredients section, click on To-Go Food for stuff I travel with. Invest in a cooler or wrap your lunch in a jacket or something. I have a blanket I keep in my car. In winter I wrap my legs in it, in summer I wrap my food in it, very insulating.
Thanx Jenn,
I did look but almost all recipes contain starchflours and/or cream of tartar. But i have to say,seeing your recipes,it looks like you eat delicious everyday:)

Jenn

My cooking is based on my family's needs. If you don't need it or want it, leave it out.<G> You can substitute lemon juice for the tart that Cot provides are adjust the other flavors back. Jello doesn't require any cot or sugar, just use juice if that's what you have available. Let your taste buds be your guide. Chocolate milk doesn't require cot or contain any starch either.

OP
D

Dutchie

Jenn said:
My cooking is based on my family's needs. If you don't need it or want it, leave it out.<G> You can substitute lemon juice for the tart that Cot provides are adjust the other flavors back. Jello doesn't require any cot or sugar, just use juice if that's what you have available. Let your taste buds be your guide. Chocolate milk doesn't require cot or contain any starch either.

So the CoT is for flavour purposes? I wondered what it's role was in recipes as baking soda usually is the raising agent.
I do frequently make maple syrup gummies,jello's are awesome indeed, but the only problem I'd run into now is that whenever I want to take it with me anywhere I have to consume it withing a limited timeframe or else it's melted completely. And lugging around a big coolbox for a small packet is also such a thing;)......I don't even have one
I love chocolate milk,but find I'm constantly in need of different ratio's of sugar or salt while drinking so that makes it kind of hard to drink it pre-made.

Btw, your farm doesn't happen to be part of the WWOOF network,rigth?

Jenn

For gummies, if you up your ratio of gelatin to liquid,you will have a more solid product when it warms up.

I carry a shaker jar of sugar with me, to add to foods as needed. A shaker jar of sugar/gelatin/pinch of sat can be added to a purchased cup of coffee to make a meal too. I find a chop stick is a good stir stick.

A meal that I have been preparing lately is cottage cheese with frozen fruit in bite size pieces with added sugar. The fruit melts in time for my lunch.

The C o T is for potassium and adds a tart flavor, so the rest of the seasoning needs to be adjusted if it's left out.

No, I don't participate with WWOOF. I am not against a good fit, I like sharing my experience...just terrified of a bad fit.<L>

OP
D

Dutchie

Jenn said:
For gummies, if you up your ratio of gelatin to liquid,you will have a more solid product when it warms up.

I carry a shaker jar of sugar with me, to add to foods as needed. A shaker jar of sugar/gelatin/pinch of sat can be added to a purchased cup of coffee to make a meal too. I find a chop stick is a good stir stick.

A meal that I have been preparing lately is cottage cheese with frozen fruit in bite size pieces with added sugar. The fruit melts in time for my lunch.

The C o T is for potassium and adds a tart flavor, so the rest of the seasoning needs to be adjusted if it's left out.

No, I don't participate with WWOOF. I am not against a good fit, I like sharing my experience...just terrified of a bad fit.<L>

I always carry this small tube with salt in my pocket for a couple of years now.

Back in my bread eating unknowing days, I loved eating cottage cheese with slices of yellow kiwi and some chives on my bread.

Hmmm yeah,I can imagine bc you do invite those people in your home&family. But it works the other way round too;)
I secretly dreamt about doing such a thing too bc I'd love to learn farming skills and living somewhere abroad,but am terrified I'll end up with an awkward family too....that and lots of practical worries.;)
Too bad though bc reading your blog and your answers here, it would've seemed fun to come working at your farm bc I think I could learn a lot from you. And well,the following the same dietary guidelines is helpfull too;).....bc that was something I worried about too,bc you basically have to eat what your landlord provides.

M

metabolizm

An old one, but BUMP.

Want to hear more about outdoor jobs. Anyone here doing one?

M

metabolizm

Well, I'm now doing one. Postal worker. If you're going to do it, at least do it in a sunny place.

L_C

Hey everyone,

I'm struggling on the lowest social security income for more than 2years now and it's really driving me nuts&depressing me that I just can't get a job bc I lack the proper education. I'm trying all kinds of stuff but not really getting anywhere.
I basically would lve to have a physical active/laborious job preferrably outside and all I can think of is construction and gardening sector of which I wrote to all companies in my living area already.

Do you guys know more or maybe even work a different job that fits 'my wishes'?

In 'the perfect world' I'd be interested to do courses at the CHEK institute and maybe some additional exercise courses to become a nutrition&exercise councellor,since most CHEKpractitioners are kinda Peatinspired, start my own services and move to a warm sunny place,live at or near the beach and learn how to surf and do other fun stuff......leave all this ***t,my past&demons behind.
So,if anyone knows a way how to obtain a couple thousand dollars fast,in a non-criminal way, I'm all ears!
You should look into electrician lineman. Look where they offer apprenticeship program. Or any utility operations - sewage, water or gas...they all have good benefits, well paid, outside...these are mostly union jobs.

OP
D

Dutchie

You should look into electrician lineman. Look where they offer apprenticeship program. Or any utility operations - sewage, water or gas...they all have good benefits, well paid, outside...these are mostly union jobs.
Oh wow....this is an old thread?
Thanks for your suggestion, it's not of use to me anymore. Things have changed...mostly me in this case.?

Sefton10

We walk our dog in a nearby cemetery most days, it’s beautiful. I often speak to the dudes looking after the grounds, they would be called gravediggers, but you can tell they love it. Outside, early start, early finish, real pride in their work - the place has won national awards. I think there’s a nice balance working with the seasons through the year, a bit of structure to what needs done but no two days are the same.