What Peaty Ideas Increase Libido In Menopausal Women?

AmishMechanic

As a peri-menopausal woman myself, being surrounded by the same, I can attest that good mental heath is often overlooked. I believe Dr. Peat talks a bit about the negative effects of being under the influence of an authoritarian. Let the rat bite. Or wear leather and wield a whip and chains... That may help.

tara

I'm not menopausal yet (but probably getting close). So I can't speak from experience with that.

But I'll speak to the importance of good personal relationship - reliable connection, closeness, friendly attention, spending many hours doing other mutually enjoyable stuff togetherseveral times a week, being treated with respect, not being pushed further than she wants, getting a say in what she enjoys, etc. I'm sure you are doing some of this, but maybe consider the possibility that her needs are even higher than what you've had time for lately, or something like that?

Personally, having my mate not sleep in my bed all night would be unhelpful. Or any kind of slight, intended or otherwise.

There might be more physically rooted stuff going on, but I think these other things are common causes.

HDD

Better metabolism evidenced by pulse, temperature, and energy. It is hard hard to pinpoint one thing but all Peaty things working in that direction. My libido increased from improving my diet and taking supplements before I added thyroid. I think being able to relax is important and thyroid is effective for this. Getting at least 7 hours sleep at night is also key for me.

Tarmander

Try a large dose of niacinamide and some B6...oysters and chocolate too...you know now that I think about it, most of the peaty stuff is good for libido.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Try a large dose of niacinamide and some B6...oysters and chocolate too...you know now that I think about it, most of the peaty stuff is good for libido.

This. All of Peat's food ideas and supplements are good for libido. Good thyroid and enough dietary cholesterol will ensure proper steroid production. Part of libido depends on these steroids. Good GI health will keep serotonin and estrogen low. Low serotonin is the other big part of libido as it affects both testosterone and dopamine.
In terms of supplements/drugs, the ones that have been studies the most include low dose DHEA. It is especially helpful for women in whom libido has been shown to be almost perfectly correlated with DHEA levels. DHEA is also much more androgenic in women than in men. There are at least 50 studies on PubMed showing successful restoration of libido in women with 10mg DHEA daily taken for a few weeks.
Anti-serotonin drugs have been used for at least 100 years to treat libido issues and anorgasmia in women. Search the forum for "lisuride libido" to read some testimonies from women on libido boost from anti-serotonin drugs. Not to be outdone, Big Pharma is of course well aware of these effects and instead of pushing for wider use of already approved and safe drugs there is now a human trial with a dopaminergic drug called flibanserin, which is close relative of the anti-serotonin drugs ritanserin, ketanserin, and lidanserin.
Flibanserin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bottom line - Peat is right pretty much about everything, and instead of getting acknowledgment of some sort we have to witness how big companies quietly profit from his ideas while at the same time labeling him a quack.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals