What Nutrients Are We NOT Getting Due To Current Agriculture?

AnonE

I hear a lot about soils being depleted of various nutrients due to our agricultural practices.

So what are these nutrients that we are not getting? What research/sources lead you to this conclusion?

For example, https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/soil-depletion-and-nutrition-loss/

"The Organic Consumers Association cites several other studies with similar findings: A Kushi Institute analysis of nutrient data from 1975 to 1997 found that average calcium levels in 12 fresh vegetables dropped 27 percent; iron levels 37 percent; vitamin A levels 21 percent, and vitamin C levels 30 percent. A similar study of British nutrient data from 1930 to 1980, published in the British Food Journal,found that in 20 vegetables the average calcium content had declined 19 percent; iron 22 percent; and potassium 14 percent. Yet another study concluded that one would have to eat eight oranges today to derive the same amount of Vitamin A as our grandparents would have gotten from one."

More information like this?

OP
A

AnonE

upload_2019-5-6_17-17-24.png

I found this table somewhere, will try and look up source.

OP
A

AnonE

Another interesting one, kind of related, but estimating direct deficiencies:

upload_2019-5-6_17-19-38.png

YourUniverse

Another interesting one, kind of related, but estimating direct deficiencies:

View attachment 13073
Nice find, it feels accurate. I was going to suggest magnesium as most missed nutrient, but vitamin E makes more sense with all the vegetable oil consumption. Vitamin A is really only in liver in significant amounts and organ meat consumption was a thing my grandparents made a habit of

OP
A

AnonE

I would imagine that meat deficiencies are downstream of plant deficiencies, as it all gets passed down the food chain. E.g. grass/soil ---> cows ---> humans.

David PS

Glyphosate (used in agricultural weed killing) may be compromising our ability to utilize the glycine that is found in our foods. See video Stephanie Seneff 2016 “Glyphosate Pretending to be Glycine - Devastating America”

schultz

I would imagine that meat deficiencies are downstream of plant deficiencies, as it all gets passed down the food chain. E.g. grass/soil ---> cows ---> humans.

Most livestock are given supplements. I give mine what is essentially a multi-vitamin which includes minerals like selenium. I don't know any farmer who doesn't do this.

bistecca

Definitely going to be missing a lot of the known vitamins and minerals, but I would also think there are probably a huge array of as-of-yet undocumented beneficial compounds (alternate forms of vitamins- delta, gamma forms of A/E and quinones and lots of other stuff).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals