What Nutrients Are We Missing If We Don't Eat Vegetables?

GreekDemiGod

• Typical Peat diet, more or less
  • not eating vegetables as they cause massive bloating
  • only carrots and rarely tomatoes
  • not eating oysters, don't have access to them, don't know how to cook them
  • haven't eaten liver in 3 months, can't bother cooking it myself
What nutrients could I be missing? Can't trust Cronometer, but it shows me deficient in Choline, Vitamin E.

shine

You're probably deficient in oxalates, phytates and lectins.

Do you eat eggs? I eat 2-3 egg yolks for choline daily.
I'd just get wheat germ or sunflower derived vitamin E and supplement small amounts of it daily.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

@shine I'll eat 2 eggs about every 2 days.
Once I ate some bell peppers and felt a boost in energy, and I wondered why. Could be a coincidence.
I believe it boosts nitric oxide, as it can sometimes givee erections, too.

Nuancé

Vitamin B9 if you don't eat legumes, quinoa, yeast. Liver is super rich in folates though.

Vitamin A if you don't eat... liver as usual haha. But even if this aspect is discussed, beta-carotene is good for eye and skin health. Lutein, found mostly in kale and spinach, is also great for fertility and eye health.
Your diet could be poorer in potassium too, specially if you don't eat tubers, bananas. You can obtain vitamin C from fresh fruits (cantaloupes, citrus, guavas, mangoes, lychees, kiwi etc).
Vitamin K1 without vegetables can be complicated however.

Markus

@shine I'll eat 2 eggs about every 2 days.
Once I ate some bell peppers and felt a boost in energy, and I wondered why. Could be a coincidence.
I believe it boosts nitric oxide, as it can sometimes givee erections, too.
Bell peppers are high in vitamin C.

What nutrients could I be missing? Can't trust Cronometer, but it shows me deficient in Choline, Vitamin E.

Don’t focus on individual nutrients honestly it’s more important to focus on overall energy.

Chilly

You really need to add liver in . It has a choline and the b vitamins . Calf liver is where it’s at . It has a sweeter taste . Chop it up in pieces and swallow down with raw milk . It has a nice aftertaste . Cooked liver tastes like crap in my opinion.

schultz

I tend not to get vitamin K unless I eat liver or greens or something.

I've started utilizing a leafy broth for the cold months. I use something like beef tendons or beef skin and a leaf like kale or something. I don't remember if the vitamin K is left in the brother once the leaves are cooked and removed though (I am really using it for the minerals). I should probably figure that out as it would be nice to know.

Molybdenum, possibly.

I will agree with Nuance (and schultz) that K[1] will be harder to get without vegetables. If you are a regular aspirin user like many of us on this forum, prioritizing K can be wise.

I will disagree with Nuance regarding B9 and potassium because fruits are on paper a rich source of both, and fresh fruit juice should have both nutrients even more densely concentrated.

Since you don't eat oysters or liver much, I'd consider copper to balance the zinc from the muscle meat cuts. (Btw, I have never cooked oysters before eating them.)

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

You really need to add liver in . It has a choline and the b vitamins . Calf liver is where it’s at . It has a sweeter taste . Chop it up in pieces and swallow down with raw milk . It has a nice aftertaste . Cooked liver tastes like crap in my opinion.
I like chicken liver, but haven't eaten it in months, I think.
I do take Energin now for the B vitamins.

I tend not to get vitamin K unless I eat liver or greens or something.

I've started utilizing a leafy broth for the cold months. I use something like beef tendons or beef skin and a leaf like kale or something. I don't remember if the vitamin K is left in the brother once the leaves are cooked and removed though (I am really using it for the minerals). I should probably figure that out as it would be nice to know.
Do you use a vitamin K2 supplement?

If your diet is peaty, then it’s mostly vitamin K that you’ll be missing.
Manganese can also be very low on a Peat diet, depending on which fruit/ fruit juice you're ingesting.

Yah I do, but I am running a bit low. Not really wanting to spend the money on another bottle, but I suppose I should get around to it...
I see. I'm also starting to run low on it too. It has been postulated( Amazoniac et al, 2017) that vitamin K1 could reduce the need for vitamin K2, since the body can save the K2 for functions that K1 can't do, while the K1 is used for things that both K1 and K2 can do. I wonder if CoQ10 could further reduce the need for K2. Perhaps focusing on these nutrients could make the K2 supplement last longer than usual.

ALS

He's stated vegetables need to be well cooked because they have toxins. The mineral content is what is important in greens, vegetables. Use a pressure cooker for 20 minutes or longer, make a broth from greens and whatever, and use it for a soup base. Tomatoes have lectins, like all nightshade vegetables. Pressure cooking will destroy the lectins and will help leach out the other nutrients, minerals.

Michael Mohn

Bell pepper & tomatoes are technically fruit but they have lots of carotenoids, which are not so great. Bell pepper has a lot of vitamin c if you don't boil them to death. Green pepper has also vitamin k. Getting in some liver and oysters on a regular basis is really important for my wellbeing, which I find the most important factor, feeling good says more than checking numbers all the time. Cocoa is also rich in minerals, can make up for low veggie consumption. Green veggie broth or dried herb powder on meat or with tomato sauce can compensate for veggies but I rarely crave it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals