What Negative Thinking Does To The Brain

L

lollipop

What negative thinking does to the brain:

"Cortisol, a stress hormone, breaks down the hippocampus, the part of the brain that helps form new memories...The more cortisol that’s released in response to negative experiences and thoughts, the more difficult it can become, over time, to form new positive memories."

http://www.attn.com/stories/2587/what-n ... ign=shares

lexis

In the spiritual domain,there is a lot of talk about negative energy or dark energy contributing to illnesses and even misfortune

OP
L

lollipop

I agree bodacious! The brain is soooo dynamic...and the cool thing? We are not victims but can affect our entire system with our effort :D

OP
L

lollipop

lexis, I do think the environment around us can subtly affect us and even the company we keep, thoughts we think, etc. Again, as I said above the heartening thing to me is that we live in and with choice! We don't like it, we can change it :D

Pet Peeve

I got depressed and broken down from overwork over a long time. It seems lithium is actually helping a lot. It's like it's fixing something deep down in my mind but yet the effect is very subtle. It's like I feel more positive. I read on pubmed that lithium increases hippocampal neurogenesis. Do you know more ways to attack this angle? Would binaural beats for alpha waves help?

bodacious

Pet Peeve said:
post 112826 Do you know more ways to attack this angle? Would binaural beats for alpha waves help?

I use brain FM (brain.fm) for work and sometimes meditation. I've had some intense deep meditation sessions with the alpha wave sound tracks and red light.

There's a ton of evidence to substantiate mindfulness as solution to depression. That would always be my first suggestion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Parsifal

Pet Peeve said:
post 112826 I got depressed and broken down from overwork over a long time. It seems lithium is actually helping a lot. It's like it's fixing something deep down in my mind but yet the effect is very subtle. It's like I feel more positive. I read on pubmed that lithium increases hippocampal neurogenesis. Do you know more ways to attack this angle? Would binaural beats for alpha waves help?
I remember haidut saying that Lithium reduces brain ammonia but I wonder if sodium can do that as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maretch

Can sound strange but i have a lot of apps on my phone related to meditation, relaxing and sleeping well. They all work, the only thing that i need is my headphones and that's it. By the way a lot of them are for free!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals