What med's are in my DES (drug eluding stents) stents

I'm trying to heal myself after a heart attack and big slap of depression,I'm worried about everything and feel very confused and stuck in panic mode regarding which way to turn health wise .Diet is very erratic but I think healthy ie very little puffs milk egg's cheese ,mashed potatoes stew's some orange juice well cooked veg as in broccoli mushroom's courgette's rice pudding ,is that ok? The meds I take are on my other post,plus supplements I've order'd .I've looked up information regarding my stents,but don't understand it very well ,some say good some say bad.I think I made a mistake with vitamin d this summer as in taking it with alone without vitamin A,my own fault I know but before coming here I did'nt know any better. Sorry to go no ,need some direction regarding safety with supps plus the med's I'm taking and the drugs from my stents :?: :?: :?:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I found this information in the book entitled Worried Sick A Prescription for Health in an Overtreated American by Nortin M. Hadler, MD
A multimeter trial, funded by the NIH (Hockman et al. 2006), recruited 2,000 patients within a month of their heart attack because they had persistent blockage of the relevant coronary artery and heart damage. All received optimal medical care; half were randomized to undergo angioplasty and stent placement. Over the next 4 years, there was no difference between the two groups in terms of recurrent heart attack, death or heart failure. After 4 years, those with the stents fared less well. Not only do drug-eluting stents seem to be plagued with thrombosis long after they are placed (Stone et al.2007; Lagerqvist et al. 2007) and thereby create major challenges to management (Mishkel et al.2007), they also interfere with the development of collateral blood vessels, thereby jeopardizing heart muscle repair.
This book contains some interesting insights into interventional cardiology and cardiovascular surgery amongst other things. I highly recommend you read it if you have the opportunity since I obviously couldn't quote everything I think might be of value to your situation here. The author reminds me of a modern day Ivan Illich (although a bit less radical) and he even mentions Illich in the book! I don't necessarily agree with all of his views but he does offer some good insights based on science for navigating through the medical system.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Sorry if I didn't answer your question. The surgeon who placed your stent/s after the heart attack should be able to tell you what drugs are eluting from the stent/s.
You might benefit from working with someone knowledge about Peat's work one on one to review your nutrition and supplements. I think your situation is slightly more complicated than the average person but you certainly can't go wrong eating enough nourishing food to help your body heal. The one area that may need special attention is blood thinning supplements if you are already taking a prescription blood thinner.
Hopefully some of our more scientific forum members who may have some helpful information for you will respond as well.