What Male Actor/s Do You Like And Why?

Melba

I thought this was about an actors ability to successfully/convincingly portray an admirable fictional character, not about the actor himself.

Since I don't personally know any actors or the one in Hercules, I cannot judge the man himself only his acting ability

LuMonty

Agreed, yet, as a consumer of entertainment, you might appreciate an authentic performance. Authenticity as a source of enjoyment can be exemplified, by the voice of the late Christopher Lee: .

I can second this. And you might already know but for those who don't, the guy was a legend. Most know him as an actor and maybe that he can sing because the was trained in opera and classical vocals. He also killed Nazis spies in WW2 amongst other special operations. In the special features of the LOTR movies, he recalls how he had to correct the director on how a guy stabbed in the back would react:
So he was very authentic. And I'd argue a great example of a high testosterone personality but that's for that other topic. That said, I get your point. Generally, actors are just that and best observed through that lens.

I can second this. And you might already know but for those who don't, the guy was a legend. Most know him as an actor and maybe that he can sing because the was trained in opera and classical vocals. He also killed Nazis spies in WW2 amongst other special operations. In the special features of the LOTR movies, he recalls how he had to correct the director on how a guy stabbed in the back would react:
So he was very authentic. And I'd argue a great example of a high testosterone personality but that's for that other topic. That said, I get your point. Generally, actors are just that and best observed through that lens.

Indeed :)

Deep voices result from high DHT, or not?

LuMonty

Definitely from androgens but I'm not sure. C. Lee actually got a deeper voice as he aged. My dad's got deep again after TRT. So from personal and familial experience definitely T. If I had to go by stereotypical high DHT description of people, I'd say that too. Androgens thicken the vocal cords and also cause relaxation so it may not even be needed to differentiate outside of specific therapeutic options (such as aromatization being an issue).

thomas00

2.32891111.jpg

007_lac-3787_1_copy_-_h_2018.jpg

Max23

I don´t know who the first one is? The second is Bill Murray.

tankasnowgod

Not sure. Two men I know with really deep voices (one I know personally, the other a voice actor) are really tall, thin, and lanky. Think 6'5" to 6'8" tall, with little muscle tone on their build. It seems like they had the excessive hypothyroidism growth spurt that Peat talks about. I don't know if this would lead to high DHT or not.

Their voices are two of the most awesome and deep that I've heard, however.

thomas00

I don´t know who the first one is? The second is Bill Murray.

Colin Firth.

Neither seem to be vain, overly serious about what they do or particularly plugged in with the industry, unlike most in that business.

tankasnowgod

Always been a big fan of Kurt Russell. He can be serious, hilarious, and even awesomely over the top.

Max23

Colin Firth.

Neither seem to be vain, overly serious about what they do or particularly plugged in with the industry, unlike most in that business.

Oh yeah. Now I see it. "Bridget Jones´s Diary" comes to mind immediately. Actors change a lot.

lvysaur

Keanu Reeves and Jason Momoa seem to have aged very well.