What Male Actor/s Do You Like And Why?

Hans

Forum Supporter
I'd like to find out what male actor/s you like/admire, whether it's based on a specific role he played in a movie or just the actor in general and then why you like him.
It can be because of his personality, a specific role he played, his looks or anything that you think is really cool about him and or the role he played.

A few actors and their roles that I personally like are
  • Idris Elba - mainly because he generally plays roles where he is calm and collected, is a quality leader and doesn't take ***t from others.
  • Gerard Butler (especially in Olympus Has Fallen, London Has Fallen, Angel Has Fallen and Hunter Killer) - mainly for his ability to stand his ground and not back down, his dry yet sharp sense of humour, his endless persistence, his self-respect and respect towards others.
  • Will Smith - (mainly in Men In Black, Gemini Man etc.) - who usually plays roles where he defends and protects those he loves, is honest and caring, thinks fast on his feet, isn't afraid to take risks and has a good sense of humour.
  • Matt Damon (specifically in the Jason Bourne sequel) for his smarts, levelheadedness, quick thinking and fearlessness.
  • Tom Cruise (specifically in the Mission Impossible sequel) - calm under pressure, witty, assertive, non-aggressive but not afraid to fight and defend himself and others.
  • Jason Statham (specifically in the movies Safe and The Meg) - who commonly plays the role of a guy who isn't a man of many words but isn't afraid to stand up for himself and protect those he cares for.
  • Daniel Craig who generally plays the role of the guy who is cool under pressure, kicks ****, is smart and charismatic.
  • Chris Hemsworth (mainly in The Avengers and Men In Black III) - mainly for his charisma and sense of humour.
I find that I generally like actors who play roles of someone who is independent, can stand his man, is a good leader, assertive, protects those he loves, is respectful and respectable, is adaptive, levelheaded, thinks and acts fast on his feet, isn't afraid to take risks and has a good sense of humour.

Now it's your turn :)
Let me know what male actor/s you like/admire or think is really cool or played a cool role and why?

T

TheBeard

Mel Gibson
Bruce Willis
Jason Statham

Not hard to guess why

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Mel Gibson
Bruce Willis
Jason Statham

Not hard to guess why
Thanks man. Would appreciate it though if you could be a bit more specific about what you like about them as they play some diverse roles, especially Mel Gibson. Bruce Willis has a pretty dry personality so what specific traits do you like about them?

boris

I like Tim Robbins as Andy in the Shawshank Redemption.
He is rational and collected even while facing incredible injustice. Even in the worst situation he does the best he can with a smile on his face and can appreciate the small things in life. When he doesn't get his way on a matter he deems important, he stays persistent while never losing his friendly attitude.

MV5BMTg0MDgwNjc5N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjMxNDY3Mw@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,661,1000_AL_.jpg

tumblr_inline_p7pkxdVt311srz02u_500.jpg

Last edited:

Herbie

9B023DE6-E659-4F2F-8D99-068E05F6B845.jpeg

Butch Cassidy and Sundance.

No one else comes close.

Last edited:

Peatful

Second place-
Edward Norton
Kind of an innate connection to him.
American Hx X didn’t hurt in the looks department- but even if he didn’t have that role- I’m still drawn to him.

in third place I have a tie of Daniel Day Lewis and Shia Labeouf

Daniel due to his passion and commitment to his art. (Joaquin phoenix falls in this category too).
Shai because of his personal growth journey.

But my number one -
Hands down -
I ***t you not -
is my one and only -
Raymond Peat.
Trailblazer. Humanitarian. Renaissance man. Genius.

T

TheBeard

Thanks man. Would appreciate it though if you could be a bit more specific about what you like about them as they play some diverse roles, especially Mel Gibson. Bruce Willis has a pretty dry personality so what specific traits do you like about them?

Manly in all situations:
Cool, calm, collected, energetic, with a sense of humour. All signs of high androgens

Melba

Kevin Sorbo in Hercules the legendary journeys

For his portrayal of the fictional hero with morals and fights the good fight against the bad guys

milkboi

Soyboys? Why?

They are great actors. For me, stereotypical "men movies", like The Fast and Furious or some action movie ***t like that, is not enjoyable, even though maybe those characters could be considered to be the most masculine. So those "soy boys" just create better art in my opinion.

Tho I know Hans geared the OP more towards actors we admire for their physique/personality etc. I don't really want to be like those actors, but admire their performance.

Dillon knight

Cillian Murphy- from peaky blinders character- super motivated, and doesnt stop until he receives exactly what he's after regardless of consequences. What i also find interesting is that because he is in charge of a family sort of gang business, he has to be extremely smart and calculate all decisions but also has to be very strong minded and super focused. Also very alpha.
Tom Hardy- high confidence and calm alpha male presence. :)

boris

@Dillon knight I like Tom Hardy in Mad Max. No bull****, doesn't waste time talking nonsense, understands what needs to be done and acts immediately, stays cool in the face of death.

3EW.gif

Last edited: