What Makes People Tired In Warm Weather?

Kasper

I was wondering, what makes people tired in warm weather? I used to have this a lot. Days above 25 degrees celcius I seldom truly enjoy (except if I'm most of the time in a pool or in the sea or something), because I feel so tired.

It is very hot in the netherlands now, but it doesn't seem to affect me :D I truly love that I can feel completely normal in this warm weather.

EIRE24

I'd presume the sun and warm weather would lower stress hormones so that the body would be in an extremely relaxed state?

tara

Not sure about this, but if estrogen dominance lowers the body's thermostat, that might be part of why hypothyroid folk get reduced heat tolerance?

CrystalClear

Hi there, I have wondered this too especially over our recent summer here in Australia. My tolerance to our mild summer temps where I live (high altitude) was very poor. It was the tiredest I have ever felt. I am certainly hypothyroid, likely hashimoto's. I can't work it out. Thought hypo's are supposed to feel the cold and I prefer it.

I get tired under the red lights. I think it has to do with the body processing the energy in the mitochondria from the light.

paymanz

maybe because in warm weather body guides blood to outer layer of body , like skin to cool it , so internally there is less blood... just guessing.

Stryker

being cold stimulates adrenaline release
" but after 6 h of cold, the content of noradrenaline and adrenaline had increased 1.6-fold and 3-fold,"

yerrag

Perhaps it's not as humid in the Netherlands as compared to where you live. When it's less humid, your body cools better as water/sweat evaporates more readily from the skin's pores. It has that cooling effect on the body. I probably answered more to the question of being uncomfortable than to the question of being tired.

OP
K

Kasper

my own guess would be that i was reunning on stress hormones for years, and in warm weather it is much harder to keep stress hormones high

dfspcc20

Loss of sodium and other electrolytes in sweat?

CrystalClear

It's interesting to see your replies. I am wondering if the hypo symptoms checklist should not include both heat AND cold intolerance. Just checking on another site and people's replies to the same subject - hashi's/hypo's experiencing heat intolerance. I have to assume that stress hormones rise for me in the heat - I clench my jaw, get headaches and nausea and become house bound with the ac on. The temps are mild for everyone else. Although, once, I knew a poor elderly lady who had to have the heater on during summer! (in Australia!! LOL).

tara

It's interesting to see your replies. I am wondering if the hypo symptoms checklist should not include both heat AND cold intolerance.
I think I've seen both heat and cold intolerance described as common hypothyroid symptoms.