What low GI carbs have low phytic acid?

I have been using steel cut oats every morning as my breakfast, but I realized it's been hindering my mineral absorption because of the phytic acid levels.

I need a good low GI carb that I can eat daily that won't load my gut up with phytic acid. Also, it must low in phytoestrogens.

PeskyPeater

Living With Phytic Acid MARCH 26, 2010 BY RAMIEL NAGEL
check it out, its a pretty good read about inositol hexaphosphate IP6, but I dont think the GI or glycemic index is a reliable invention

one example is steamed potato cooked to such an extect that the starch break down into free glucose. They have no IP6
I dont fancy other starches for they ar inferior, and because I cannot just pack my bags and leave to mexico for there excellent masa harina tortillas en tamalas and burrito's, I choose the potato.

Last edited:

PeskyPeater

I wonder if different phytic acid forms preferentially binds certain mineral more then others.
They are not really a severe threat when diet is low in phytates, it wil reduce some iron and zinc of the meal eaten, but nothing more after that. These is a only low chance of mineral deficiency. Unless you thrive on high phytate diet like super retro alto hippy veganariatics and vegetarilocos.

Then I ask the question, what are you eating now? How do you suddenly sense you're missing minerals, or is that your super power?

Last edited:

PeskyPeater

Young summers squash and, zucchini. the low starch low fiber roots and tubers, like parsnip.
Other than those, the high starches, of course masa harina and white rice, eaten with butter can decrease their insulin effect lowering the so called GI