What kind of zinc supplements are they prescribing for covid?

Perry Staltic

Elemental means the actual weight of Zn in a supplement. Every bottle will show the amount of elemental zinc contained in each cap/tablet. The pill itself will weigh more because Zn is combined with different molecules which vary in weight. For example, a cap might contain 500 mg of powder, but only 35 mg of it is Zn.

Last edited:

Perry Staltic

I thought the consensus here was that zinc supplements are toxic and/or ineffective, but it seems to be working for them?

A lot of people take pharma drugs that deplete Zn (e.g., ACE inhibitors). So I suspect a lot of people who get in trouble with covid are Zn deficient, and correcting that improves outcomes in a lot of situations.

OP
C

cout12

A lot of people take pharma drugs that deplete Zn (e.g., ACE inhibitors). So I suspect a lot of people who get in trouble with covid are Zn deficient, and correcting that improves outcomes in a lot of situations.
interesting, so if zinc supplements "work", why aren't they recommended here?

Razvan

U
interesting, so if zinc supplements "work", why aren't they recommended here?
Who says they are not recommended? Zinc is the reason Peat recommends weekly oysters. Zinc is key in proper thyroid and digestion function.

OP
C

cout12

U
Who says they are not recommended? Zinc is the reason Peat recommends weekly oysters. Zinc is key in proper thyroid and digestion function.
I've read that oysters are recommended and eat them daily myself, but not supplements.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals