What Kind Of Coffee Do You Drink?

brandonk

I get the freshest, french or italian dark roast beans I can find and grind them a minute or so before pressing the espresso, because I enjoy the taste that way.

FWIW, Ray Peat I recall has said he uses the large cans of coffee and goes through a can about every two or three days. That's a lot of coffee!

OP
S

slayers

Yeah I always liked the french roast. one of my favorites,

I purchase locally from a roaster up the street and the bag is dated so I buy it a few days after the roast it. I don't really care about the roast. I use an espresso machine at home for most of my coffee and sometimes a stovetop espresso maker.

Medium roast is my favourite. Too bad it's not that common. The stores usually have either really light roast or really dark.
Is really light roast common in other countries too? Here in Finland it's what everybody drinks.

schultz

I go through different phases. For a while I would buy green beans in bulk and roast them because it was cheap, then I got lazy and started buying beans from the store. The brand of bean I would buy is called Excalibur or something. It's the cheapest whole bean at Walmart in Canada. 900kg for $9.00. It's also the best tasting coffee from the store in my opinion. It's always fresh because it let's off a crazy amount of co2 when I brew it, just like when I would roast my own. No other store bought does that for me. Anyway, I got lazy again and now I am going through an instant coffee phase. My favourite so far is folgers: tasters choice instant. I'll probably get sick of this phase and return to green beans to restart the cycle, that way I can be a snob again and look down upon people who don't roast there own beans, or people who drink instant... they're the worst!

treelady

1 cup Starbucks organic Yukon blend(medium roast whole bean arabica coffee) w/1Tbsp Great lakes beef gelatin and 1 cup Organic Valley 2% pasture raised milk

keith

I drink Mt Hagen organic instant. I most often mix it in 1% milk with sugar and usually some collagen hydrolysate. Makes a nice iced coffee like drink, and makes for less liquid than drinking milk and coffee separately.

tara

schultz

Lifetime supply?

Nescafe decaf instant, small amounts. :)

Oh yah, it's nescafe tasters choice and yah 900grams lol! I got sunburned today and I think it fried my brain. Thanks Tara!

Peata

Instant: Cafe Bustelo Espresso.
Ground: Folgers or a store-brand in red can.
I rarely get it, but I also like Cafe Du Monde Coffee & Chicory

Ideonaut

Medium roast is my favourite. Too bad it's not that common. The stores usually have either really light roast or really dark.
Is really light roast common in other countries too? Here in Finland it's what everybody drinks.
The light roast has more caffeine, right?

Fresh roasted from different countries. Roaster is up the street and they date their bags so I buy just roasted. I grind the beans on demand and make stove top espresso which I put into milk.