What Is Your Opinion On Vaccines?

Tim Lundeen

A couple of good books:

James Lyons-Weiler, The Environmental and Genetic Causes of Autism. He concludes that vaccines are part of the problem (particularily the aluminum and mercury they contain, along with the intense immune activation they cause.)

Dissolving Illusions, about the history, safety, and efficacy of vaccines. They are not in favor of vaccination. Less than 4% of mortality rate reduction in the last 150 years can be attributed to medical treatment; the bulk of it was from improved nutrition, sanitation, and lifestyle changes.

Tim Lundeen

@redlight When we had to make the same decision, it was easy to see that vaccines are dangerous, but we were concerned about having our child be seriously injured or die from a "vaccine preventable" illness. It turns out that for healthy children, the risk of death from these illnesses is essentially zero, especially when they are properly treated, and is clearly much lower than the risks from the vaccines. For example, measles is treated with high-dose Vit A. All illness can be treated with high-dose Vit C. Suggest you read Dissolving Illusions, and check out Dr Humphries' site, where she has a good protocol for Whooping Cough, etc. There are also herbal products, which are generally as effective as pharmaceuticals, without the risk of major "side-effects". Best books are by Stephen Buhner: Herbal Antibiotics and Herbal Antivirals. There are lots of studies done on herbal treatments, just not in the US; Buhner goes through the evidence for his recommendations, and describes his extensive clinical experience.

Tarmander

I got a child on the way and im torn on what to do

What would you do if there was no social stigma, and no restrictions for having an unvaccinated child. Like what would you do if there was not this giant apparatus making non-vaxxers afraid social services might show up to your door one day? What would you do if all you had to think about was explaining your decision one day to your kid?

x-ray peat

I got a child on the way and im torn on what to do
Vaccines are really really bad, and believe it or not but there is very little evidence that they work. Do your research but just keep in mind that there is much more incentive to support vaccines in the media and in medicine than to go against it. Nobody gets promoted for saying vaccines are bad.

Also research the trauma that traditional hospital childbirths cause children. First thing they do is clamp the umbilical cord so they can sell the chord blood instead of giving those extra healing molecules to you child. It also cuts of oxygen to the baby probably losing a few IQ points. If at all possible try to insist that doctor leave the chord alone until the baby is fully out. They may also insist on vaccinating your baby even though you don't want it done.

It may be too late but I would look into a midwife and have it done outside of the hospital. They may also insist on vaccinating your baby even though you don't want it done.
that was just one example btw
Doubt They're Evil? About The Umbilical Cord, and The Profitable Procedure For Premature Deliveries

zztr

have it done outside of the hospital

I don't have stats or anything but that strikes me as a risky move. Surgeries to save mother or baby are not super rare. Whatever else they do wrong at the maternity ward, people aren't dying from birth at anything like historical rates.

x-ray peat

I don't have stats or anything but that strikes me as a risky move. Surgeries to save mother or baby are not super rare. Whatever else they do wrong at the maternity ward, people aren't dying from birth at anything like historical rates.
Definitely something to research but I don't think that deaths or complications at more natural birthing clinics are any more and I wouldn't be surprised if they are less. I wonder just how necessary those "emergency" c-sections or other emergency surgeries are. The more crazy stories I hear about the medical business the more it looks like getting your car fixed at a shady mechanic.

edit:"Statistics show that home birth is as safe or safer than hospital birth for low-risk women with adequate prenatal care and a qualified attendant."
Advantages and Disadvantages of Birthing at Home, Birth Center, and Hospital

schultz

The midwives, at least in Ontario, are pretty cautious. They will send you to the hospital if you have an "at risk" pregnancy. If problems arise during delivery you can always go to the hospital. My wife and I can't stand hospitals and we didn't want to bring a newborn into that cesspool if we didn't have to. Also my wife wasn't too keen on having people she doesn't know huddled around her while she was trying to push a baby out. You get to know the midwives very well beforehand. In my opinion (as an unaware male lol) it is probably harder to deliver a baby when you're in uncomfortable surroundings with people you don't know. My guess is that it extends delivery time more often than not, especially for first timers, and this could be one reason for the amount of c-sections at hospitals.

My wife delivered 2 kids at home on the couch. Zero problems. And they were not that small either. 8lbs 10oz girl and 9lbs 8oz boy.

Barliman

I don't want to hijack the thread but if you really look past the propaganda regarding climate change it's not nearly as well understood as claimed. There is much evidence of outright fraud to demonize CO2 which is actually very healthful for the atmosphere and all life on earth. Just like the other items I mentioned above, we are being consistently lied to by the "experts." To your point, efforts to reduce CO2 production have wasted enormous resources that could have been better spent on other issues, one being real environmental issues.

There is a long debate in this thread: What Do You Think About Climate Change?

"I think the general trend of the warming currently, the last 100 years or so is being driven by the sun’s normal cycle as far as it can be determined. There are not only the 11 year cycles but probably much larger cycles and several astronomers have been showing evidence that the solar constant has been increasing in recent decades enough to fully account for the planetary warming as far as that has been established." Ray Peat Minute 34. KMUD: 1-15-16 Water Quality, Atmospheric CO2, And Climate Change
Well he's wrong on solar radiation, averaging for solar maxima and minima, solar radiation has been declining for over ten years- and is not back to about 1932 levels.

Queequeg

Well he's wrong on solar radiation, averaging for solar maxima and minima, solar radiation has been declining for over ten years- and is not back to about 1932 levels.
If it has decreased in the last ten years then that would line up with the observed data that show warming has paused for the last decade. That is before they massaged the numbers of course. I think it was increasing over the 19th century and most of the 20th century though.

Whatever the cause, to blame CO2 is laughable. It is only 0.04% of the atmosphere and not even a very strong greenhouse gas compared to say water. On a geologic scale we are actually at a low point in CO2 levels. It has been up to 20 times as high during the past, during both ice ages and during times of explosive growth in life. Many scientists believe that the industrial revolution has saved us from the trend towards less and less CO2 which would end life on earth. I Love CO2: CO2 & Climate Facts

if you would reply over here What Do You Think About Climate Change? so we don't jack the thread

Last edited:

Queequeg

I just noticed that you're a GP. Glad to see a Doc on the RPF. Any thoughts on vaccines?

Ideonaut

Vaccines are contaminated with mercury and aluminum
And more! http://investmentwatchblog.com/cdc-...s-were-given-cancer-virus-via-the-polio-shot/

This seems like deliberate poisoning of the population to me. How could it be otherwise? I've heard it causes breast cancer in particular. Well great. I have 2 daughters who have had the polio shots. Does anyone have any ideas about how the danger of it might be foiled from a Peat perspective? I know there are the general anti-cancer steps, like taking aspirin, but anything else that might be good for such a cancer-causing virus?

raypeatclips

"The true method of knowledge is experiment." - William Blake

The weeks following my last vaccination, a routine flu vaccination around 7 years ago was probably the most unwell I had ever been. My throat felt like it was closing up for around 2 weeks. I couldn't leave my bed. I still caught flu 3 months later, none of my friends or family did. A family member in conversation once remarked I'd never been quite the same since I was ill after that flu jab. I asked them what they meant, and they said I don't know, you've never quite been as energetic as before that.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals