What Is Your Experience With K2 Megadosing?

BigChad

Yeah, I only ever take it about 2-3 times a week, and only 400IU with some mixed Tocopherols. Interestingly, when I took the Unique - E (which is high GAMMA and 1:1 Alpha to GAMMA) I get the same effects from this Solgar brand (high Alpha). You are correct, it does antagonize Vitamin K-1, but I do not know about K2.

It maybe antagonizes K1 and alters K1 conversion to K2, so should be good if you take K2 itself. I couldn't notice any estrogen like effect from the thorne ultimate E. Not sure what a progesterone effect would feel like. Selenium and vitamin c also recycle the vitamin E. I read one person on here saying Ultimate E made them feel great while another said they didn't notice anything from it.

baccheion

Vitamin E interferes with absorption of vitamin K1 (but not K2 MK-4) and the actions of K2 MK-4. It's also said to lower conversion of K1 into K2 MK-4.

BigChad

Vitamin E interferes with absorption of vitamin K1 (but not K2) and the actions of K2.

so you basically need more K2 if supplementing E? how do you get around vitamin E interfering with actions of K2, is that something that can be resolved just by increasing K2 intake

baccheion

so you basically need more K2 if supplementing E? how do you get around vitamin E interfering with actions of K2, is that something that can be resolved just by increasing K2 intake
Most recommend taking them a few hours apart. I can usually tell when MK-4 is too low, as teeth no longer feel clean. On the other hand, that's for regular higher doses (ie, 1 mg).

BigChad

Most recommend taking them a few hours apart. I can usually tell when MK-4 is too low, as teeth no longer feel clean. On the other hand, that's for regular higher doses (ie, 1 mg).
what do you mean by "on the other hand that's for regular higher doses"?
if you take 1000mg mixed tocopherols 2x a week (of which 335mg are alpha, 335 are gamma), how much Mk4 would you need to counteract that

baccheion

what do you mean by "on the other hand that's for regular higher doses"?
if you take 1000mg mixed tocopherols 2x a week (of which 335mg are alpha, 335 are gamma), how much Mk4 would you need to counteract that
Take them separately. If not doing anything special with MK-4 (eg, zygomatic arch development), there's the indicator I mentioned above.

ddjd

@Arrade @Elkman @BigChad I completely agree that k2 mk4 increases shedding but I really think it reduces progression of Male pattern baldness in terms of long term effect.

Has anyone megadosed K2 and achieved visible changes?

Like increased cheekbone volume or height gains?

What dosages were you using? What other supplements did you take?

I'm 3/4 through a Thorne MK4 bottle, dosing 1-12mg/day. Also working my way through 120 PN tabs of 500mcg MK7 (slowly because worried about effects on insulin). Before that I finished 90 caps of 15mg MK4 from Orthica. Before that I finished 2x180 caps of Carlsens 5mg MK4. Before that 500-800 caps of 100mcg MK7 from various brands.

No hair changes. Any mandible or muscle gains are more likely from eating 3000-4000 daily calories (from foods like beef, potatoes, goat milk, and orange juice) and exercising 1-4 x/week. I noticed more boners from Carlsens MK4 caps in the beginning.

At this point, Thorne MK4 gives me annoying headaches like clockwork hours after adding drops to a meal. I deal with the headache by taking aspirin, gamma tocopherol, or serrapeptase. No headaches if I smear the drops on my wrist or mid-arm veins, but of course I'm absorbing less. Don't think I'll buy Thorne MK4 again any time soon. Perhaps I should lay off the K2 for a bit.

Frankdee20

I'm 3/4 through a Thorne MK4 bottle, dosing 1-12mg/day. Also working my way through 120 PN tabs of 500mcg MK7 (slowly because worried about effects on insulin). Before that I finished 90 caps of 15mg MK4 from Orthica. Before that I finished 2x180 caps of Carlsens 5mg MK4. Before that 500-800 caps of 100mcg MK7 from various brands.

No hair changes. Any mandible or muscle gains are more likely from eating 3000-4000 daily calories (from foods like beef, potatoes, goat milk, and orange juice) and exercising 1-4 x/week. I noticed more boners from Carlsens MK4 caps in the beginning.

At this point, Thorne MK4 gives me annoying headaches like clockwork hours after adding drops to a meal. I deal with the headache by taking aspirin, gamma tocopherol, or serrapeptase. No headaches if I smear the drops on my wrist or mid-arm veins, but of course I'm absorbing less. Don't think I'll buy Thorne MK4 again any time soon. Perhaps I should lay off the K2 for a bit.

Headaches can be from too much K lowering Cortisol or something, that is way too much.

GreekDemiGod

I took 15-45 mg mk4 and increased my test but lowered my estro too low. Speed up hairline recession. I think my jaw was already wide, a week wasn’t enough to see change
How did you recognize the symptoms of too low estrogen?
By what mechanism did your recession speed up?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals