What Is Your Experience With K2 Megadosing?

BONE

Has anyone megadosed K2 and achieved visible changes?

Like increased cheekbone volume or height gains?

What dosages were you using? What other supplements did you take?

Arrade

I took 15-45 mg mk4 and increased my test but lowered my estro too low. Speed up hairline recession. I think my jaw was already wide, a week wasn’t enough to see change

tankasnowgod

Has anyone megadosed K2 and achieved visible changes?

Like increased cheekbone volume or height gains?

What dosages were you using? What other supplements did you take?

I've taken K2 between 1mg-45mg for years now. Honestly, didn't really notice much difference between the different doses, always seemed to work well. The one time I had a doctor look at my arteries with ultrasound, they were clean with no calcification. And "morning wood" has become a regular occurrence ever since I started K2 and Mag.

I think it should certainly go along with D and Mag, and a good amount of dietary or supplemental calcium. Possibly Vitamin A too, but a lot of people are finding success lowering A intake in the Grant Generaux thread. I am not going super low A, but I am avoiding liver for the next couple months.

I am doing higher Vitamin D right now, and might go back up high with K2 in a month or two.

BigChad

I've taken K2 between 1mg-45mg for years now. Honestly, didn't really notice much difference between the different doses, always seemed to work well. The one time I had a doctor look at my arteries with ultrasound, they were clean with no calcification. And "morning wood" has become a regular occurrence ever since I started K2 and Mag.

I think it should certainly go along with D and Mag, and a good amount of dietary or supplemental calcium. Possibly Vitamin A too, but a lot of people are finding success lowering A intake in the Grant Generaux thread. I am not going super low A, but I am avoiding liver for the next couple months.

I am doing higher Vitamin D right now, and might go back up high with K2 in a month or two.

how much MK4 most weeks/days? you haven't noticed a larger jawline, cheekbones like some people say? height increase, wrist size increase, shoe size, etc?

Frankdee20

The days I take 2 Super K from LE, along with 7,000 IU of D3, I feel androgenic. Stronger, deeper voice, more self confidence, etc. If I take Vitamin E on some days, I feel completely opposite.

BigChad

The days I take 2 Super K from LE, along with 7,000 IU of D3, I feel androgenic. Stronger, deeper voice, more self confidence, etc. If I take Vitamin E on some days, I feel completely opposite.

which brand/dosage of vitamin E is it?
I've only found thornes vitamin E to be the one free of vegetable oils/omegas, and molecularly distilled.they claim all the soy residues are removed from it.
designs for health and another lesser known brand also made a vitamin E sourced from soy, priced it similar to thornes product, claimed the product is purified and removes soy oil, but even when I emailed them, they refused to state that their vitamin E product is actually molecularly distilled. So it seems like their process for removing the soy isn't molecular distillation and is probably some cheaper process which still leaves some soy in there. as far as capsules I have only found thornes ultimate E, and nutrigolds vitamin E gold although the nutrigold product has tocotrienols in it, and has like 500mg red palm oil, 200mg olive oil and 200mg sunflower oil per capsule. so there's no soy but there is some sunflower oil.

have you tried CodeAge's ADK product? Seems to be priced well, and seemed to work fine for me. I like their ingredients and dosing better than LEF's super K. the other thing is LEF sources the MK7 from soy and MK4 from geraniol whereas the ADK product uses the usual cholecalciferol for d3, and sources the k1, mk4 and mk7 from bacterial fermentation from algae so there is no risk of anything soy related being in there. It has 5000 IU d3, 1mg k1, 1.5mg MK4, 300mcg mk7 only thing is it also has 3000IU retinyl palmitate.

Elkman

I took 15-45 mg mk4 and increased my test but lowered my estro too low. Speed up hairline recession. I think my jaw was already wide, a week wasn’t enough to see change
I also experience the hairline thinning from
k2. Did it grow back when you discontinued? Have you narrowed down a cause for this? I find that if I take too much of anything that speeds up my metabolism too much in general and pushes me hyperthyroid (thyroid, hormones, K2) it will cause hair thinning.

When I dialed in my t3 dose perfectly, though, I noticed hairline thickening - very noticeable, but first I went through a shed. Then I added the K2 to my regimen and am going through the obvious shed once again. Frustrating. Not sure if it’s nutritional deficiency, a temporary shed, or permanent hair loss

BigChad

I also experience the hairline thinning from
k2. Did it grow back when you discontinued? Have you narrowed down a cause for this? I find that if I take too much of anything that speeds up my metabolism too much in general and pushes me hyperthyroid (thyroid, hormones, K2) it will cause hair thinning.

When I dialed in my t3 dose perfectly, though, I noticed hairline thickening - very noticeable, but first I went through a shed. Then I added the K2 to my regimen and am going through the obvious shed once again. Frustrating. Not sure if it’s nutritional deficiency, a temporary shed, or permanent hair loss

how much K2 did you add when you noticed this. was it mk4. what doses and frequency.

the common trend I have noted is people with slow thyroid, hypothyroid/autoimmune conditions getting hair shedding from K2.
It hasn't been long enough since i've discontinued. I actually already had hair thinning and hair shedding before the Mk4, but the mk4 noticeably made my hairline recede further.
I didn't know k2 actually sped up the metabolism, someone else told me it reduced iodine uptake?
have you tried vitamin A and D, and E. what were your responses to those. besides maybe vitamin A in higher amounts, d and e are also metabolism boosters. even minerals are metabolism boosters as long as they aren't big amounts

Elkman

how much K2 did you add when you noticed this. was it mk4. what doses and frequency.

the common trend I have noted is people with slow thyroid, hypothyroid/autoimmune conditions getting hair shedding from K2.
It hasn't been long enough since i've discontinued. I actually already had hair thinning and hair shedding before the Mk4, but the mk4 noticeably made my hairline recede further.
I didn't know k2 actually sped up the metabolism, someone else told me it reduced iodine uptake?
have you tried vitamin A and D, and E. what were your responses to those. besides maybe vitamin A in higher amounts, d and e are also metabolism boosters. even minerals are metabolism boosters as long as they aren't big amounts

That’s interesting but it could also be from making someone hyperthyroid. I don’t believe I am hypothyroid just based on my temps and pulse and the fact that meals/ sugar/ salt do not lower my temps or pulse.

Right now with the K2-MK4 (Kuinone) 32 mg daily, my temps can get as high as 37.9 Celsius during the day. I’ve had to discontinue my tyromix, of which I was only takning 1 drop twice daily, to see if it brings down my temps. Hyperthyroidism also causes hair loss, the popular theory is that it increases nutritional requirements.

I also take 10,000 IU vitamin D, 3-9000 IU vitamin A, and 1000 mg magnesium at night, and drink a gallon of milk/ day FWIW.

BigChad

That’s interesting but it could also be from making someone hyperthyroid. I don’t believe I am hypothyroid just based on my temps and pulse and the fact that meals/ sugar/ salt do not lower my temps or pulse.

Right now with the K2-MK4 (Kuinone) 32 mg daily, my temps can get as high as 37.9 Celsius during the day. I’ve had to discontinue my tyromix, of which I was only takning 1 drop twice daily, to see if it brings down my temps. Hyperthyroidism also causes hair loss, the popular theory is that it increases nutritional requirements.

I also take 10,000 IU vitamin D, 3-9000 IU vitamin A, and 1000 mg magnesium at night, and drink a gallon of milk/ day FWIW.

what purpose are you taking thyroid for? since you are taking tyromix you are normally hypothyroid right? that's a lot of d3 and A. you probably need some K2 with that level of d.
did you notice results from that amount of d3? what if you did 8000Iu d3, 5000Iu A, and something like 7.5mg mk4 or 10mg mk4 a day

Elkman

what purpose are you taking thyroid for? since you are taking tyromix you are normally hypothyroid right? that's a lot of d3 and A. you probably need some K2 with that level of d.
did you notice results from that amount of d3? what if you did 8000Iu d3, 5000Iu A, and something like 7.5mg mk4 or 10mg mk4 a day

Well I am using the K2 for the facial gains, so it needs to be high dose. And I guess D3 and A have to be high with a high dose of K2, correct?

I don’t believe I was hypothyroid, maybe slightly. My morning temps were not ideal but my afternoon temps always reached 98.6. Now my morning tempers are 36.9 - 37.

My problem was people always commenting on my cold hands after shaking hands. That could have been when I was on the carnivore diet though. I don’t have recent experience yet with a ray peat style diet without the thyroid supplementation. It’s possible the dietary changes are good enough for me without need for supplementation. As a kid I got the comment that my hands were freezing as well; I believe that was due to adrenaline (social anxiety).

What also got me interested in thyroid was some diffuse hairline thinning. I was on SSRIs a few years ago - I do believe they caused this. I had gained so much weight and my metabolism was slower right down, and I reacted to cold very poorly.

The above ^ doesn’t imply that my natural thyroid function is poor, however. So it’s been confusing and has required some trial and error figuring out if my thyroid is naturally sub-optimal or my lifestyle/ diet/ medications, etc. Just wreaked havoc on it and made me pseudo-hypothyroid. I still don’t know and am in the trial and error process. My temps tell me my thyroid is just fine, though, or maybe even overstimulated at the moment.

Also, only just discontinued the tiny doses of tyronix about a week and a half ago so the t4 is probably still in my system, contributing to the sky-high temps. Once that has cleared I’ll have a better idea how K2 is affecting my metabolism. If my temps stay this high I have no choice but to lower the dose. I’m generally very ravenous for food as well (can easily eat 4000 calories and still be hungry/ thinking of food). So I think I’m probably hyperthyroid atm.

Elkman

Forgot to say, the D3 seems to ramp up my temps immediately after a dose as well.

BigChad

Well I am using the K2 for the facial gains, so it needs to be high dose. And I guess D3 and A have to be high with a high dose of K2, correct?

I don’t believe I was hypothyroid, maybe slightly. My morning temps were not ideal but my afternoon temps always reached 98.6. Now my morning tempers are 36.9 - 37.

My problem was people always commenting on my cold hands after shaking hands. That could have been when I was on the carnivore diet though. I don’t have recent experience yet with a ray peat style diet without the thyroid supplementation. It’s possible the dietary changes are good enough for me without need for supplementation. As a kid I got the comment that my hands were freezing as well; I believe that was due to adrenaline (social anxiety).

What also got me interested in thyroid was some diffuse hairline thinning. I was on SSRIs a few years ago - I do believe they caused this. I had gained so much weight and my metabolism was slower right down, and I reacted to cold very poorly.

The above ^ doesn’t imply that my natural thyroid function is poor, however. So it’s been confusing and has required some trial and error figuring out if my thyroid is naturally sub-optimal or my lifestyle/ diet/ medications, etc. Just wreaked havoc on it and made me pseudo-hypothyroid. I still don’t know and am in the trial and error process. My temps tell me my thyroid is just fine, though, or maybe even overstimulated at the moment.

Also, only just discontinued the tiny doses of tyronix about a week and a half ago so the t4 is probably still in my system, contributing to the sky-high temps. Once that has cleared I’ll have a better idea how K2 is affecting my metabolism. If my temps stay this high I have no choice but to lower the dose. I’m generally very ravenous for food as well (can easily eat 4000 calories and still be hungry/ thinking of food). So I think I’m probably hyperthyroid atm.

I see, the cold hands/feet seems like poor blood flow, poor thyroid function, or an anemia like iron/copper/vitamin a deficiency. temperatures are not always the most reliable since iirc the more you weigh the higher your temp and pulse rate could be? ssri's could mess up the thyroid a lot. i doubt any poor thyroid function is naturally caused, but due to the environment, diet.

Elkman

Yes definitely have
I see, the cold hands/feet seems like poor blood flow, poor thyroid function, or an anemia like iron/copper/vitamin a deficiency. temperatures are not always the most reliable since iirc the more you weigh the higher your temp and pulse rate could be? ssri's could mess up the thyroid a lot. i doubt any poor thyroid function is naturally caused, but due to the environment, diet.
yes definitely have always had poor blood flow. Don’t have anemia.

Frankdee20

which brand/dosage of vitamin E is it?
I've only found thornes vitamin E to be the one free of vegetable oils/omegas, and molecularly distilled.they claim all the soy residues are removed from it.
designs for health and another lesser known brand also made a vitamin E sourced from soy, priced it similar to thornes product, claimed the product is purified and removes soy oil, but even when I emailed them, they refused to state that their vitamin E product is actually molecularly distilled. So it seems like their process for removing the soy isn't molecular distillation and is probably some cheaper process which still leaves some soy in there. as far as capsules I have only found thornes ultimate E, and nutrigolds vitamin E gold although the nutrigold product has tocotrienols in it, and has like 500mg red palm oil, 200mg olive oil and 200mg sunflower oil per capsule. so there's no soy but there is some sunflower oil.

have you tried CodeAge's ADK product? Seems to be priced well, and seemed to work fine for me. I like their ingredients and dosing better than LEF's super K. the other thing is LEF sources the MK7 from soy and MK4 from geraniol whereas the ADK product uses the usual cholecalciferol for d3, and sources the k1, mk4 and mk7 from bacterial fermentation from algae so there is no risk of anything soy related being in there. It has 5000 IU d3, 1mg k1, 1.5mg MK4, 300mcg mk7 only thing is it also has 3000IU retinyl palmitate.

I’ve noticed it with Unique E and now Solgar E with Mixed Tocopherols. Safflower oil is the carrier in Solgar’s product. Perhaps Vitamin E simply lowers Testosterone a bit.

BigChad

I’ve noticed it with Unique E and now Solgar E with Mixed Tocopherols. Safflower oil is the carrier in Solgar’s product. Perhaps Vitamin E simply lowers Testosterone a bit.

have you tried thornes ultimate E? that is the only one that is actually molecularly distilled I believe.

Frankdee20

Does it feel feminizing to you ? Like Vitamin E makes me kind of progesterone like.

BigChad

Does it feel feminizing to you ? Like Vitamin E makes me kind of progesterone like.

How often were you using the vitamin E? I think it antagonizes K2/K1 and maybe d3, while it increases A absorption. I only used it twice a week, I don't think you need that much if your pufas are lower. its 1000mg of mixed tocopherols with a third alpha tocopherol and a third gamma.

I didn't notice much from it but I heard on here it has lots of similarities to progesterone. a RP article mentioned that.

Frankdee20

Yeah, I only ever take it about 2-3 times a week, and only 400IU with some mixed Tocopherols. Interestingly, when I took the Unique - E (which is high GAMMA and 1:1 Alpha to GAMMA) I get the same effects from this Solgar brand (high Alpha). You are correct, it does antagonize Vitamin K-1, but I do not know about K2.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals