What Is Wrong With My Gf´s Teeth?

Lana

a week ago i woke up to her crying because "my teeth are ruined!!"
suddenly they looked like this, kinda see-through on the bottom and they have these dark lines going down them. she eats a horrible diet but has always had very nice teeth. they were always white. she found a picture a week prior to noticing her teeth had changed, and they look fine there. so this must have happened very quickly. the night before she had gone out drinking. she feels no pain or difference.
here are some possible causes i can think of.

we moved into a new place 3 weeks ago and since then:
she stopped using toothpaste.
she has been brushing less.
she started eating a big salad every day with vinegar and lemon.
she also eats a lot of tomatoes and garlic.

personally i think all the acid has washed her enamel away. strange how they changed so quickly.

ive got her to start drinking a lot of milk and cheese now, while staying away from anything acidic. advice greatly appreciated! im also having her staying away from very sugary things. ill have her try toothpaste for a couple of days to see if anything improves.
Spotlight Toothpaste for Rebuilding Teeth 100ml

Ben.

Isn't fluoride a neuro toxin? I know it's in every commercial toothpaste and in some places around the world they put it in their drinking water ...

According to one Chemist explaining it, it has a "protective" effect on the teeth ... can't realy explain it in english but it's apparantly replacing/placeholding structure on the teeth surface ...
But since we are here on the ray peat forum maybe we rather want to fix teeth going bad by improving our overall health trough nutrition etc.

What's wierd on this product is the description:

If you are concerned that your tooth enamel could be thinning, then Spotlight Toothpaste for Rebuilding Teeth could help to replenish and revitalise, offering the illusion of stronger, healthier teeth. Specially formulated for people suffering from enamel that has become thinner or translucent, making the barrier of the tooth vulnerable and more prone to damage and chips.

Well thanks for the illusion ... even they know that the issue has a underlying cause. Atleast they are somewhat honest.

Lana

Isn't fluoride a neuro toxin? I know it's in every commercial toothpaste and in some places around the world they put it in their drinking water ...

According to one Chemist explaining it, it has a "protective" effect on the teeth ... can't realy explain it in english but it's apparantly replacing/placeholding structure on the teeth surface ...
But since we are here on the ray peat forum maybe we rather want to fix teeth going bad by improving our overall health trough nutrition etc.

What's wierd on this product is the description:

If you are concerned that your tooth enamel could be thinning, then Spotlight Toothpaste for Rebuilding Teeth could help to replenish and revitalise, offering the illusion of stronger, healthier teeth. Specially formulated for people suffering from enamel that has become thinner or translucent, making the barrier of the tooth vulnerable and more prone to damage and chips.

Well thanks for the illusion ... even they know that the issue has a underlying cause. Atleast they are somewhat honest.

Well it works for the outside of the teeth but doesn't determine the health through and through. I'm looking into fluoride as just an element to teeth health. I'm following Dr Manhart of calciumtherapy.com and he says it's not so bad so I'm confused right now

Ben.

My apologies. I may have expressed myself poorly but we've both said basicly the same thing as it "works" on the lining/surface of the teeth.
I'm not saying you can't use this product. Guess it depends also on how much fluoride intake you already have... Most people brush their teeth 2-3 everyday with fluoride, perhaps they trowh some fluoride mouth wash 2-3x a day ontop of it, have it in their drinking water and may even use fluroide capsules for w/e reason. I think i've read somewhere that fluroide could also interefere with our thyroid but i can't seem to remember where.

My concerns were more based on the fact that a baby/child could die from accidently "eating" to much toothpaste.

Personally i don't like these bandaid approaches we have literally everywhere in our healthcare and medical world. Use that toothpaste if it helps you, i think we consume alot worse things... but please don't forget there is more to it and we should take care of our health, stomache, nutrition, lifestyle, stress etc. instead of superficially masking it with product X.

Sorry if it came across as if that product was the worst thing ever. The description was kinda amusing.

Last edited:

Lana

My apologies. I may have expressed myself poorly but we've both said basicly the same thing as it "works" on the lining/surface of the teeth.
I'm not saying you can't use this product. Guess it depends also on how much fluoride intake you already have... Most people brush their teeth 2-3 everyday with fluoride, perhaps they trowh some fluoride mouth wash 2-3x a day ontop of it, have it in their drinking water and may even use fluroide capsules for w/e reason. I think i've read somewhere that fluroide could also interefere with our thyroid but i can't seem to remember where.

My concerns were more based on the fact that a baby/child could die from accidently "eating" to much toothpaste.

Personally i don't like these bandaid approaches we have literally everywhere in our healthcare and medical world. Use that toothpaste if it helps you, i think we consume alot worse things... but please don't forget there is more to it and we should take care of our health, stomache, nutrition, lifestyle, stress etc. instead of superficially masking it with product X.

Sorry if it came across as if that product was the worst thing ever. The description was kinda ammusing.
I grew up in country side drinking well water beautiful water but and have so many issues with my teeth through the years . But also I was given antibiotics like all the time .as they were so experimental with everything back then . I would hate to drink it all day everyday . But elementally in paste or rinse may not be a bad thing.

Lana

I grew up in country side drinking well water beautiful water but and have so many issues with my teeth through the years . But also I was given antibiotics like all the time .as they were so experimental with everything back then . I would hate to drink it all day everyday . But elementally in paste or rinse may not be a bad thing.
No offense taken

johnwester130

this week i have discovered that

1) kaolin clay has low abrasiveness but the highest cleaning ability

2) erythritol is better than xylitol

Broken man

Magnesium, vitamin K2, this is called translucent teeth, it could be from intestinal permeability.

Last edited:
OP
P

pro marker

update: since this happened shes cut out all acidic foods. i also got her to start eating 100g of cheese a day and eventually she switched to drinking between 1-2 liters of milk a day. her teeth have almost completely healed, they are no longer transucent, though they have two small white spots on them. great improvement. she never drank this amount of milk before. she has also been getting fatter (yessssss). the milk is organic, 3,5-4% fat and low pasteurized, non homogenized.

Ben.

update: since this happened shes cut out all acidic foods. i also got her to start eating 100g of cheese a day and eventually she switched to drinking between 1-2 liters of milk a day. her teeth have almost completely healed, they are no longer transucent, though they have two small white spots on them. great improvement. she never drank this amount of milk before. she has also been getting fatter (yessssss). the milk is organic, 3,5-4% fat and low pasteurized, non homogenized.

Hey man. Thanks for updating us. Glad she was able to handle the milk like that. About her getting fatter ... i guess thats good?:grin:

Motif

The only people who can probably get away without brushing are strict carnivores. Vinegar, lemon juice and other carbs with their sugars and phytic acid are detrimental to teeth. Ideally one should at least perform a rinse (preferably with some baking soda) after eating any of those things.

Rinsing for how long and how much baking soda?

What about drinking acidic stuff while eating? Still a problem if you chew something else right after?

Waynish

calcium therapy institute stuff would help. I wonder why night of drinking had that effect since alcohol doesnt damage teeth as far as I know? maybe it does in a non direct way

Drinking has always had by far the biggest effect on my teeth and it doesn't make sense in terms of any of the "experts" claims. I would seriously give someone a monetary reward if they prove to me the chemical (or at least rational) mechanism.

bornamachine

She has very nice looking teeth and great bite btw, nice find ;)

Im glad she is recovering, i was gonna reply that she should be able to recover if she starts eating somee cheese daily and cut out the harsh foods for a while.

My wife and kids and I have been using spry xylitol toothpaste for over 5 years with no issues.

There is a product you might want to invest $8 for her, called uncle harrys alkilizing tooth paste in the glass jar.

We use dr. Plotkas toothbrushes and highly recommend them to everyone.

michael94

Drinking has always had by far the biggest effect on my teeth and it doesn't make sense in terms of any of the "experts" claims. I would seriously give someone a monetary reward if they prove to me the chemical (or at least rational) mechanism.
Its an enigma you are right about that. If as you say the "experts" are right then the alcohol should just have a disinfecting effect or something neutral along those lines.

Waynish

Its an enigma you are right about that. If as you say the "experts" are right then the alcohol should just have a disinfecting effect or something neutral along those lines.

Ya it seems to dissolve them and it doesn't seem to have much to do with the pH. Perhaps it is the action on the gums. Partly maybe due to the drying and thus reduction in saliva quality. Drinking really changes the mouth for hours - longer than long meals or a bag of candy.

ironfist

While whitening my teeth I have noticed a similar thing happen. There are reports of this online. I made a thread.and a post in someone else's thread.

S.Holmes

Stress can take a toll on everything including teeth and is often unavoidable. Next on the culprit list would be fluoride in water, food, and other beverages. For example, nearly all juice, sodas and even US wines contain fluoride. Imported wine is likely fluoride free. It's a ubiquitous and dangerous chemical. It displaces iodine in receptors and wreaks havoc with the teeth (making them very brittle) as well as poisoning the entire body. When I travel I use store bought DISTILLED water for drinking. It SHOULD BE fluoride free. At home I distill my own. The last of the deadly 3 I've discovered in my health adventures is pufa. (I found Dr. P 12 years ago.) Pufa is also impossible to avoid completely so I take a baby aspirin and sometimes extra sugar with each meal. (Extra glycine or gelatin might be needed with the aspirin.) Best of luck to you both!

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals