What is this skin condition my dad has?

GorillaHead

Anyone have an idea what this could be. He asked me for help and told me he doesnt remember what the doctor diagnosed him said and the treatments didnt work.

vulgar psoriasis? Eczema?

Attachments

• 99FDFD78-F94D-45EC-B0D0-F7C1F955CD9B.jpeg
    99FDFD78-F94D-45EC-B0D0-F7C1F955CD9B.jpeg
    469.8 KB · Views: 65
Anyone have an idea what this could be. He asked me for help and told me he doesnt remember what the doctor diagnosed him said and the treatments didnt work.

vulgar psoriasis? Eczema?
The clear center looks a little like ringworm? I looked up your vulgar psoriasis and all the pics were solid red.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210712-100816_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210712-100816_Samsung Internet.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 18
We might not know what it is yet, but deducing we can figure out what it isn't first.

Attachments

• 20210712_101233.jpg
    20210712_101233.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 15
Here is psoriasis.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210712-101447_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210712-101447_Samsung Internet.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 23
OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Here is psoriasis.
Here is psoriasis.
Thanks for ur help. Honestly its hard to say because its either psoriasis or ring worm based on the pics. But i feel like ring worm wouldve spread by now to other parts of his body by now he said hes had it for 5 years at least.

just asked to see his med history apparently doctor diagnosed it as psoriasis as expected. Its about to be a ***t load of trial and error before i figure this one out

Thanks for ur help. Honestly its hard to say because its either psoriasis or ring worm based on the pics. But i feel like ring worm wouldve spread by now to other parts of his body by now he said hes had it for 5 years at least.

just asked to see his med history apparently doctor diagnosed it as psoriasis as expected. Its about to be a ***t load of trial and error before i figure this one out
Yeah you're right five years is a long time for it not to have spread.it looks like other parts of his leg are red too?

Rick K

The clear center looks a little like ringworm? I looked up your vulgar psoriasis and all the pics were solid red.
Perhaps we should consult Sandy.

Nika

I’m about 99.99% sure that’s psoriasis since I’ve had it myself for 38 years and it’s unfortunately progressed into psoriatic arthritis 11 years ago. Never thought I would have wished for the day when I only had psoriasis to deal with?!
If you really want to rule out the ringworm, though, you could always put some simple hydrocortisone cream on the spot. Ringworm is a fungal infection and fungus is aggravated by steroids. The hydrocortisone cream is not likely to be strong enough to clear up that spot (and of course I would advise against it’s use long term) but at least you could see if it makes the spot flare. I am new to the forum so I unfortunately cannot suggest any Peaty approaches to healing the psoriasis that I have experienced success with myself for your dad, but I am hopeful for the first time in a long time that I may be able to work through this and finally heal once I have a greater understanding of things. I will say that I have recently started taking aspirin and niacinamide and thiamine daily and I do think the B vitamins at least are helping my skin to be less angry ?

Last edited:
OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Thanks everybody its psoriasis. Its apparently shrunk before. I am not trying to figure out the best course of action. Vitamin A intake. d. And E. And magnesium. And a b complex