What is the true definition of a natty

AndrogenicJB

There are many different opinions online on what makes one natty or not. Some say using any hormone for any reason means you aren't natty, others say you are only npot natty if you use a hormone/steroid for muscle building purposes.

With each of these scenarios, which are natty and which are not and why

1) Taking natural dessicated thyroid, not for muscle building purposes but for health purposes
2) Using pharmaceutical drugs like adamantane, for hormone optimization but also for possible gym benefits if that were somehow possible
3) Consuming bull testicles, which does have hormones in it of course
4) Taking a steroid like androsterone or any other steroids, not too replace your own hormones, but to give your hormones or yourself a boost from time to time
5) Pine pollen powder contains steroids, natural substance however, still hormones in it though, natty or not?
6) Using something like 5a dhp to lower prolactin not for intentional muscle building purposes, although one could argue that it would create an anabolic environment, due to redued stress hormones

MidBicep

There are many different opinions online on what makes one natty or not. Some say using any hormone for any reason means you aren't natty, others say you are only npot natty if you use a hormone/steroid for muscle building purposes.

With each of these scenarios, which are natty and which are not and why

1) Taking natural dessicated thyroid, not for muscle building purposes but for health purposes
2) Using pharmaceutical drugs like adamantane, for hormone optimization but also for possible gym benefits if that were somehow possible
3) Consuming bull testicles, which does have hormones in it of course
4) Taking a steroid like androsterone or any other steroids, not too replace your own hormones, but to give your hormones or yourself a boost from time to time
5) Pine pollen powder contains steroids, natural substance however, still hormones in it though, natty or not?
6) Using something like 5a dhp to lower prolactin not for intentional muscle building purposes, although one could argue that it would create an anabolic environment, due to redued stress hormones
If you want to be practical look at the list of banned substances in whatever sport you are interested in. The internet is not one person so everyone will have a different opinion. I think most people agree that taking anabolic steroids is not natty. However I remember watching a video regarding ways to decrease estrogen for a UFC fighter with gyno and it was mentioned that AIs like arimidex are banned.

OP
A

AndrogenicJB

If you want to be practical look at the list of banned substances in whatever sport you are interested in. The internet is not one person so everyone will have a different opinion. I think most people agree that taking anabolic steroids is not natty. However I remember watching a video regarding ways to decrease estrogen for a UFC fighter with gyno and it was mentioned that AIs like arimidex are banned.
Some people on here will say taking something like andro for 1-2mg will not make you not natty because it is such a small dose that it wouldn't effect gains. I don't see why AIs would make you not natty as they are not steroids

MidBicep

Some people on here will say taking something like andro for 1-2mg will not make you not natty because it is such a small dose that it wouldn't effect gains. I don't see why AIs would make you not natty as they are not steroids
I wouldn't give it much thought unless it affected my real life. If you are being tested for substances it matters.

OP
A

AndrogenicJB

I wouldn't give it much thought unless it affected my real life. If you are being tested for substances it matters.
I understand, I am not being tested, just wondering what would constititue me loosing the natty card

Ben.

I am no expert when it comes down to this topic, nor do i know how the sports world defines it but i would think anything that is not food and needs oral/topical or (especially) injectious application to increase/accelerate significant muscle growth, myonuclei developement/generation beyond the normal/natural potential, could be a reason to be called not natty.

One major issue is, if we look at it from a "natural" perspective, a healthy person who has his/her endocrinsystem not violated by the chemical, industrialized modern world probably doesn't even exist. In that sense almost every person on this planet is not natty but in the bad way of having less muscle and less testosterone/hormones.

Taking thyroid supplements/medications for health reason imo does not make you not natty, since taking it for health reason will just try to get your levels and your percieved health to ideal/normal levels. Whatever the hell thoose are. So looking at it from that frame you are just hitting/reaching levels that you would have if you were healthy and thus you workout/build muscle on the level of a healthy/natural person.

Now eating testicles or fishheads or w/e wouldn't realy be a problem either. I mean realistically speaking this is not something we ate mutiple times a week/month in high quantities. If you start eating thoose everyday in significant amounts to increase your hormones to induce unusual benefits in muscle growth, then we could argue of it being not "natty" ... but who even wants to eat/do that.

There are roden studys that have shown that steroid usage allows to build more myonuclei in a muscle cell. The thing is these dont vanish or go away even if the person stops taking roids and even stops lifting and the muscles reduce in size, the person in question potentially benefits of the increased amount of nucleus (better protein synthesis/protein turnover) for the rest of their life and can thus be called not natty and theres no way of going back.

For most people having gollfballs as delts and mountains as traps are a easy giveaway.

Now all of this is my perception/opinion of it. The older i get the less problematic i see this whole natty thing. Aslong as the person does not ruin his/her health using modern science/substances for his/her goals, who the f cares. Top sports are doped and enhanced while testing instances are corrupt that it does not matter anymore. Everyone at the top of his/her sport, competing with the best of the best for millions or even billions of dollars, is taking stuff.

For instagramm/social media fame, natty is this wierd, unrealistic claim from so many influencers for the sole purpose of selling this fantasy of a crazy body composition that is achievable naturally. This image of "look how perfect i am, i was born this way, great genetics!". This will allow them to sell supplements, workouts, dietary plans and useless sport devices while getting sponsored/paid by the company from whom's cloths they are wearing in literally every post that they make. Most of the time the audiences are teenagers or young adults.

Being on roids has this wierd negative social connotation to it and it is not solely frowned upon because of the health implications (thats an individual choice, like smoking), but it lessens the acknoledgement of you and your accomplishment percieved by thoose around you. Typical phrases would be "oh yeah he is on roids, it does not count!" or "he is on roids, no way this can be achieved naturally" or "well if i would take this stuff i would look like this too".

In the end, depending on the goal one should just do what he/she thinks is right for him/herself and just not care what society or certain people think.