What Is The Safest Lubricant For Personal Use

Steve123

whats the safest lubricant to use during sex or self use? i was thinking coconut oil but also read that coconut oil has a topical anti dht effect so would it be a negative applying it to the genital area of myself? and if it kind of got on the scrotum area with this anti dht effect?

Is it better to use refined or raw coconut oil for lube if that is the best one to use?

or any other safer lubricant options?

Mainly asking for personal use.

meatbag

idk if I would worry about the supposed anti dht effect, I guess it does do that though;

"In this study, we show that 5α‐reductase derived from rat fresh liver was inhibited by certain aliphatic free fatty acids. The influences of chain length, unsaturation, oxidation, and esterification on the potency to inhibit 5α‐reductase activity were studied. Among the fatty acids we tested, inhibitory saturated fatty acids had C12–C16 chains, and the presence of a C=C bond enhanced the inhibitory activity. Esterification and hydroxy compounds were totally inactive. Finally, we tested the prostate cancer cell proliferation effect of free fatty acids. In keeping with the results of the 5α‐reductase assay, saturated fatty acids with a C12 chain (lauric acid) and unsaturated fatty acids (oleic acid and α‐linolenic acid) showed a proliferation inhibitory effect on lymph‐node carcinoma of the prostate (LNCaP) cells. At the same time, the testosterone‐induced prostate‐specific antigen (PSA) mRNA expression was down‐regulated. These results suggested that fatty acids with 5α‐reductase inhibitory activity block the conversion of testosterone to 5α‐dihydrotestosterone (DHT) and then inhibit the proliferation of prostate cancer cells."
-Anti‐Androgenic Activity of Fatty Acids

OP
S

Steve123

idk if I would worry about the supposed anti dht effect, I guess it does do that though;

"In this study, we show that 5α‐reductase derived from rat fresh liver was inhibited by certain aliphatic free fatty acids. The influences of chain length, unsaturation, oxidation, and esterification on the potency to inhibit 5α‐reductase activity were studied. Among the fatty acids we tested, inhibitory saturated fatty acids had C12–C16 chains, and the presence of a C=C bond enhanced the inhibitory activity. Esterification and hydroxy compounds were totally inactive. Finally, we tested the prostate cancer cell proliferation effect of free fatty acids. In keeping with the results of the 5α‐reductase assay, saturated fatty acids with a C12 chain (lauric acid) and unsaturated fatty acids (oleic acid and α‐linolenic acid) showed a proliferation inhibitory effect on lymph‐node carcinoma of the prostate (LNCaP) cells. At the same time, the testosterone‐induced prostate‐specific antigen (PSA) mRNA expression was down‐regulated. These results suggested that fatty acids with 5α‐reductase inhibitory activity block the conversion of testosterone to 5α‐dihydrotestosterone (DHT) and then inhibit the proliferation of prostate cancer cells."
-Anti‐Androgenic Activity of Fatty Acids

The question is does it effect topically on the penis/scrotum area

meatbag

whats the safest lubricant to use during sex or self use? i was thinking coconut oil but also read that coconut oil has a topical anti dht effect so would it be a negative applying it to the genital area of myself? and if it kind of got on the scrotum area with this anti dht effect?

Is it better to use refined or raw coconut oil for lube if that is the best one to use?

Toxin-less Lubricant?
check out this thread

Oleg

Aloe jell is the best. You can buy big aloe leafs at Walmart in fruit end veggie section. Harvest the jell add some water and make a “smoothie “ in a blender. Pour in ice cube trays then freeze and you have fresh aloe jell when you need it :):

yerrag

Why no mention of KY jelly? Perhaps there's something I should know about KY that no one is mentioning it.

It's the first thing that comes to my mind, but I suppose there is an implicit assumption that OP wouldn't be asking if he felt KY Jelly is fine.