What is the relationship with sucrose and beardruff?

E

eat my peat

Probably something to do with poor water quality from western showers - consider getting a shower water filter

Cloudhands

Carrot salad yes. Thyroid. No
the vitamin A from liver can make someone more hypothyroid, so if youre already hypothyroid it will increase this to an unbalanced degree, and also needs vitamin E. do you track temps and pulse? I think you should attempt all of the ray peat basic principles from his email exchanges, articles and interviews, before you randomly consult a bunch of people to tell you whats wrong with you. do more research, come up with more ideas and expiriment.

OP
S

SamYo123

the vitamin A from liver can make someone more hypothyroid, so if youre already hypothyroid it will increase this to an unbalanced degree, and also needs vitamin E. do you track temps and pulse? I think you should attempt all of the ray peat basic principles from his email exchanges, articles and interviews, before you randomly consult a bunch of people to tell you whats wrong with you. do more research, come up with more ideas and expiriment.
Pulse has never been high, temps can be all over, depending what i do and so on... 1 food can make me cold, and the next day make me warm, depending what environment im in....

OP
S

SamYo123

if youve never tried thyroid and your obviously hypo then you never truly tried the basics

I just ate coconut oil and i had some good shits and had honey too now my face beard area is inflamed and flaking

I’ll try thyroid but duno how this will solve it

OP
S

SamYo123

I just ate coconut oil and i had some good shits and had honey too now my face beard area is inflamed and flaking

Suffering right now lol my chin area is so inflamed it’s started to bleed I don’t understand how sucrose can cause this

Dr. B

500mg b5 has helped ppl with seb derm. also how do you know its definitely sucrose? are there any specific foods you eat that cause it?
some say b5 causes hair loss due to biotin depleton or other mechanisms

biotin is nonsense, ive heard its acne causing effect can be mitigated taking it with b5.

i used biotin in a pretty low dose, 500mcg over 10 years ago for hair growth even though i had no issues. it caused acne

5000mcg, even with 500mg b5, just once a week causes acne. i heard its cause of the keratin promoting mechanism of biotin.

Cloudhands

"When people supplement thyroid and eat liver once or twice a week, their acne and dandruff (and many other problems) usually clear up very quickly. It was acne and dandruff that led me into studying the steroids and thyroid, and in the process I found that they were related to constipation and food sensitivity." -ray peat

aliml

Beardruff is actually caused by yeast growth on your skin called Malassezia and all species in the genus Malassezia are Triglyceride dependent.

In 1939, it was first recognized that Malassezia species required lipid uptake for growth [1]. The need for a lipid-rich environment is consistent with the localization of Malassezia species on sebum-rich parts of the human body. Human sebum is a substance secreted by sebaceous glands and is found in high levels on the skin of the face, scalp and upper trunk [1]. It plays an important role in maintaining the epidermal permeability barrier and has many other related roles [3]. Sebaceous gland activity is highest from puberty on, and declines after the third decade and it also correlates with incidence of scalp scaling [3]. Sebum mainly contains triglycerides, esters and fatty acids [3]. Malassezia globosa was shown to metabolize triglycerides in an artificial sebum and consequently produce free fatty acids [3]. These results are demonstrated in Figure 1. The products of the lipid metabolism of Malassezia species are unsaturated fatty acids and saturated fatty acids and the latter are consumed to induce proliferation of Malassezia [3].

FIG 1 Triglyceride degradation in artificial sebum by Malassezia globosa (reprinted from [3])

The need for a lipid-rich environment was revealed through sequencing of mRNA transcripts of Malassezia species. It was found that M. globosa expresses genes necessary for the processes of glycolysis, TCA cycle, amino acid synthesis and nucleic acid base synthesis but there was an obvious absence of genes encoding fatty acid synthases [2]. This explains the need for an external source of fatty acids [2]. In addition, secreted lipases play an important role in Malassezia species because they are needed to degrade triglycerides of the human sebum into free fatty acids [4]. Such lipases have been isolated and purified from the human scalp, one of which is produced from the lipase gene LIP1 [4].

EIRE24

I agree with the above post.

Get the moisturiser from this site and give it a try. I think it’ll clear up the problem.

OP
S

SamYo123

Beardruff is actually caused by yeast growth on your skin called Malassezia and all species in the genus Malassezia are Triglyceride dependent.

In 1939, it was first recognized that Malassezia species required lipid uptake for growth [1]. The need for a lipid-rich environment is consistent with the localization of Malassezia species on sebum-rich parts of the human body. Human sebum is a substance secreted by sebaceous glands and is found in high levels on the skin of the face, scalp and upper trunk [1]. It plays an important role in maintaining the epidermal permeability barrier and has many other related roles [3]. Sebaceous gland activity is highest from puberty on, and declines after the third decade and it also correlates with incidence of scalp scaling [3]. Sebum mainly contains triglycerides, esters and fatty acids [3]. Malassezia globosa was shown to metabolize triglycerides in an artificial sebum and consequently produce free fatty acids [3]. These results are demonstrated in Figure 1. The products of the lipid metabolism of Malassezia species are unsaturated fatty acids and saturated fatty acids and the latter are consumed to induce proliferation of Malassezia [3].

FIG 1 Triglyceride degradation in artificial sebum by Malassezia globosa (reprinted from [3])

The need for a lipid-rich environment was revealed through sequencing of mRNA transcripts of Malassezia species. It was found that M. globosa expresses genes necessary for the processes of glycolysis, TCA cycle, amino acid synthesis and nucleic acid base synthesis but there was an obvious absence of genes encoding fatty acid synthases [2]. This explains the need for an external source of fatty acids [2]. In addition, secreted lipases play an important role in Malassezia species because they are needed to degrade triglycerides of the human sebum into free fatty acids [4]. Such lipases have been isolated and purified from the human scalp, one of which is produced from the lipase gene LIP1 [4].

I dont get it, I can consume 0 fats ,and eat all carbs and still get it from those carbs...

aliml

OP
S

SamYo123

Cloudhands

"Estrogen causes the oil glands to atrophy, so the skin doesn't support bacterial growth so well. Topical sulfur's germicidal effect can help, and topical aspirin and caffeine are antiseptic as well as antiinflammatory. One function of vitamin A is to increase progesterone in the skin, and it has to be in balance with thyroid to do that." - peat

OP
S

SamYo123

"Estrogen causes the oil glands to atrophy, so the skin doesn't support bacterial growth so well. Topical sulfur's germicidal effect can help, and topical aspirin and caffeine are antiseptic as well as antiinflammatory. One function of vitamin A is to increase progesterone in the skin, and it has to be in balance with thyroid to do that." - peat
I would say my face skin is more on the dry side, I can scratch an area, and dry skin will appear

OP
S

SamYo123

Where can I buy thyroid in the uk?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals