What Is The Recommended Upper Limit Of Aspirin A Day?

Peatogenic

I hardly ever take aspirin, but have found it useful for a sudden neck pain. I've been taking about 850mg every 7 hours. I also take Vit K2. Is this too much if I did it for maybe 4-5 days total?

No I think it’s fine.

People take as much as 6g or even more daily over a period of time.

I take 2g - 3g some days without any negative side effects. I use them for occasional headaches.

lampofred

I think it could also deplete glycine, just something to keep in mind.

I use collagen and ascorbic acid and baking soda and niacinamide. I gave lately been diluting with room temperature Gerolshteiner and this has carbonate which neutralized the cocktail and works great.

Frankdee20

I have run out of L.E. Super K caps as of late, and I am still using 1 standard tablet of Aspirin without ill effects. I try to melt it in my mouth by swirling it with warm coffee before swallowing. That obviously helps avoid belly pain, and so does taking it with food. Sometimes I can take 2 tablets daily with no indication of bruising or bleeding when I wipe my butt LOL. I think I saturated my K1 reserves by using the LE product, just my guess.

Lucas

Why a 500 mg dose of aspirin whit a full stomach give me anxiety, jittery, cold hands, make me sweat, whit to much energy, like in a hyperthyroid state?

Ptolemy

Here is what Ray says about Aspirin's upper limit:
Assuming one has adequate protein and K2 in their diet, and gradually increased the dose of aspirin, in your opinion what is the upper limit of aspirin that a human could take everyday indefinitely without it causing problems? Thanks!

RP:
I have known a few people who took 4 to 6 grams per day for several years for arthritis or cancer, but I usually think of 1000 to 1500 mg per day as a maximum safe dose, but it depends on things like age and thyroid function; with low kidney function, even that much could accumulate to a toxic level.
Ray Peat Email Advice Depository

Frankdee20

Why a 500 mg dose of aspirin whit a full stomach give me anxiety, jittery, cold hands, make me sweat, whit to much energy, like in a hyperthyroid state?

I have seen it mentioned as blocking GABA expression in the short term. It lowers Cortisol though, and some people get a stress relieving effect.

Frankdee20

I have never heard of vitamin E depleting Glycine, but the gut irritating effect of Aspirin is mentioned as being reduced by Glycine. I am not sure if that implies it reduces it altogether

tastyfood

This is an old thread, but I wanted to share that with doses of 4g per day, it's possible that I went into hyperkalemia territory. I can't my finger on the aspirin being the cause, but I started to develop chest pain, stuffed nose, and severe shortness of breath for days. I had to end up using an inhaler because it wasn't going away.

I managed to stay with the high dose of aspirin for many days before these symptoms appeared. I think it can be tolerated, but I wonder if have to add more baking soda to the aspirin to buffer it more. I was barely adding a pinch of baking soda to the 1g of aspirin.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals