What Is The PUFA Content Of Pork Rinds?

jzeno

From what I remember reading somewhere, Ray Peat says he fries pork rinds in coconut oil in order to reduce PUFA content, implying there is PUFAs in pork rinds.

However, most manufacturers list their PUFA content of their pork rinds as zero (see below).
screencapture-cronometer-2019-01-22-11_45_26.png

But, pork rinds--without any company label, on Cronometer--list PUFA content as .55 g per 1 oz serving (see below)

screencapture-cronometer-2019-01-22-11_47_04.png

So which is it? Is it safe to assume the labeling on most manufactured pork rind products is just a bit inaccurate and that there probably are PUFAs in pork rinds?

I ask because I think I do really well on the added extra protein and I enjoy the crunch of pork rinds but I don't want to fill up on PUFAs accidentally. Plus, I usually drink OJ with pork rinds and I like the balance of dry, salty and then sweet and refreshing.

Thanks for your input.

fradon

pork has about 10% pufa maybe even less since that fat has been cooked out of it. similar to making lard. the fat get cooked out of the skin and leaves crackling behind.

jaakkima

I don't trust any of the sites like "nutritiondata.self.com" or Cronometer or whatever. I've seen studies showing radically different results, varying data from one site to another, and seen manufacturer data change radically because of e.g. typos, etc etc. I was wondering this myself lately, has Peat addressed it? 10-12% seems lower than expected to me if it's to reflect diet.

"pork has about 10% pufa maybe even less since that fat has been cooked out of it. similar to making lard. the fat get cooked out of the skin and leaves crackling behind."
Regardless of how much fat was cooked out of the skin, the point/question is what % of the fat is PUFA?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals